• TDS Moderators: mafioso | mal3volent | Xorkoth

Blog Life is Hard

schizopath

Bluelighter
You are strong BTS, youll go though this.

Also life is hard yes, isnt it that what makes it worth it ;)

tracedwards313

Bluelighter
I am truly sorry that you had to experience such a terrible thing :cautious:. I hope in time you will recover and regain some level of peace.

You are loved and that is a blessing, so I am glad to hear that at least.

This may be something you dont wish to answer, which I would totally understand, so dont feel any need to respond if it is out of line for me to ask. But, did they catch the perpetrator of this heinous crime?

Im sorry if that is wrong of me to ask...it just pains me to hear of what happened to you.

ageingpartyfiend

Bluelighter
You are strong BTS, youll go though this.

Also life is hard yes, isnt it that what makes it worth it ;)
Unfortunately, strength has nothing whatsoever to do with it..

Two people could have exactly the same experience. Person A might be a very mentall/emotionally "strong" person, Person B might be a very mentally/emotionally "weak" person. Both , or, either, or neither , might develop ptsd. It's just the luck of the draw and is purely down to how one tiny, deeply unconscious part of the fight-or-flight system interprets the event.

schizopath

Bluelighter
Unfortunately, strength has nothing whatsoever to do with it..

Two people could have exactly the same experience. Person A might be a very mentall/emotionally "strong" person, Person B might be a very mentally/emotionally "weak" person. Both , or, either, or neither , might develop ptsd. It's just the luck of the draw and is purely down to how one tiny, deeply unconscious part of the fight-or-flight system interprets the event.
Yes the strength is everything. I have complex ptsd and I have decided to live my life to the fullest.
That is strength in my point of view.

ageingpartyfiend

Bluelighter
Yes the strength is everything. I have complex ptsd and I have decided to live my life to the fullest.
That is strength in my point of view.
I'm truly very glad you're coping, but it isn't through strength exactly.

Think about the language, and then consider how it may make someone who is not coping think or feel (I'm not coping...therefore I'm weak, etc)

I've met and worked with dozens of amazingly strong people with ptsd who are not coping well at all.

EDIT - of course strength can help to cope with the effects of ptsd, sometimes and with some people, definitely not everyone or always though. BUT - strength plays zero part in whether we develop ptsd or not....that's worded a bit better

Last edited:

schizopath

Bluelighter
What exactly is coping in your opinion then? Or strength?

BehindtheShadow

Bluelight Crew
I am truly sorry that you had to experience such a terrible thing :cautious:. I hope in time you will recover and regain some level of peace.

You are loved and that is a blessing, so I am glad to hear that at least.

This may be something you dont wish to answer, which I would totally understand, so dont feel any need to respond if it is out of line for me to ask. But, did they catch the perpetrator of this heinous crime?

Im sorry if that is wrong of me to ask...it just pains me to hear of what happened to you.
Yes they caught him got a pretty light sentence and will be on the streets soon

Unfortunately not much justice in South Africa