• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Life after antipsychotics?

leugim1

Greenlighter
Did you get back to yourself after reducing/quitting the antipsychotic with the help of a psychiatrist? Like motivation, personality and cognitive skills? I am on Vraylar 3mg.

I tried to quit mirtazapine. I ended up going back on it because it was too difficult.

Not quite. Never really got stabilized after I stopped taking quetiapine. I miss being more calm and less worried

Antipsychotics are such a fucking piece of shit invention, it makes me mad just to think about it.
Metabolic risks, increasing chance of cardiovascular disease, crazy withdrawals, huge psychotic spikes while off the medication, worsening depression, gods the list is so fuckin long ...
So many psychiatrists keep insisting this stuff is safe, but in my job I've seen the opposite. Especially long-term (1 year+) users can basically never get off this stuff again, it's hard as hell.
Depending on how bad your initial psychosis/depression/schizophrenia is, I'd just leave it be if it's not that bad(by which I mean no harm to others or yourself). You'll get a lot better results with pure psychology or alternative treatments. Because usually, once you get off the drug, your condition will worsen, and you'll need the drug again.

I had seroquel at one point and lunesta a year ago and even mirtazipine. Never took the mirtazipine. They don't help, in fact they made me depressed.

I was on high dose risperdal and zyprexa for about a year, quit cold turkey and experienced no withdrawal at all. Felt better in fact.

I was on high dose risperdal and zyprexa for about a year, quit cold turkey and experienced no withdrawal at all. Felt better in fact.

just about everyone i know, whether they took anti-psycotics or stuff like invega susstenna hated it. Honestly dude i think they just use them to make us morons. I dont know / schizaffective

I'm trying to get off antipsychotics atm. I'm on invega sustenna which is the worst one I've been on.I have about a million side effects. Including high prolactin, etc. Talk to psychiatrist this week hopefully lol.

there all shit. Most psychiatrists are in it for the money
just about everyone i know, whether they took anti-psycotics or stuff like invega susstenna hated it. Honestly dude i think they just use them to make us morons. I dont know / schizaffective
It's very easy to blame others about something you have no fucking clue about. Neuroleptics were actually discovered by random chance in the 1950s, and their antipsychotic properties were also discovered by random chance.

You make humanity out to be the evil mastermind, that's able to make "the moron pill", to actively make you..what? Psychotic? Good idea. I hear psychotic people are the easiest to control and make conform. That sounds like real mastermind stuff, right there, let me smoke more meth so it makes even more sense.

Sorry. Rich area.

They only prescribe them because theres nothing else to prescribe
This is the only true answer here.
We have nothing else that affects the brain as well as neuroleptics do.
Everything else is just shooting with our eyes closed, we have no true idea how they work in a specific case. We have a general idea of what neuroleptics do, but we can't say for sure.

Also psychiatrists learn to prescribe this @Specified . This has nothing to do with greed, it has something to do with how well we actually understand the mind, which is..not much.

Antipsychotics are such a fucking piece of shit invention, it makes me mad just to think about it.
Metabolic risks, increasing chance of cardiovascular disease, crazy withdrawals, huge psychotic spikes while off the medication, worsening depression, gods the list is so fuckin long ...
So many psychiatrists keep insisting this stuff is safe, but in my job I've seen the opposite. Especially long-term (1 year+) users can basically never get off this stuff again, it's hard as hell.
Depending on how bad your initial psychosis/depression/schizophrenia is, I'd just leave it be if it's not that bad(by which I mean no harm to others or yourself). You'll get a lot better results with pure psychology or alternative treatments. Because usually, once you get off the drug, your condition will worsen, and you'll need the drug again.
My ex neighbor was badly schizophrenic he wouldn't be accepted in any treatment facilities or residences where his meds were controlled by others. So hemfot put in his own apartment with control over his meds.

The landlord is quite tolerant of mentally disabled tenants. Never got evicted after multiple noise complaints that required A LOT of cops to get his attention. Other incidents happened which also caused a ton of cops to show up for 1 dude who wasn't even violent.

He finally got evicted after calling in a bomb threat then calling the cops to tell them he did it...I laughed pretty hard when I heard about that.

He definitely needs antipsychotics

My ex neighbor was badly schizophrenic he wouldn't be accepted in any treatment facilities or residences where his meds were controlled by others. So hemfot put in his own apartment with control over his meds.

The landlord is quite tolerant of mentally disabled tenants. Never got evicted after multiple noise complaints that required A LOT of cops to get his attention. Other incidents happened which also caused a ton of cops to show up for 1 dude who wasn't even violent.

He finally got evicted after calling in a bomb threat then calling the cops to tell them he did it...I laughed pretty hard when I heard about that.

He definitely needs antipsychotics
I mean, if you need a medication, you need a medication. There's lots of cases where they're just needed
But too often they are just prescribed to just about anyone, and if you didn't have serious problems before, you're going to have them after.

I mean, if you need a medication, you need a medication. There's lots of cases where they're just needed
But too often they are just prescribed to just about anyone, and if you didn't have serious problems before, you're going to have them after.
I know, I was prescribed suboxone because of kratom use. Dose went up to 30mg daily and the only effect was shitting out concrete.

it takes a long time, but if you can wait a few months, the adjustment should get a lot easier. People have been complaining a lot about inability to think/have energy, but it's more like people don't think that they're the smartest/have a normal amount of energy. The meds are far from perfect. And it's not a recreational thing that gives a quick band aid. It requires a lot of commitment to a new kind of hard work.