• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Levomethorphan

Treefa

Bluelighter
So this is basically the left hand isomer of the drug that all high school kids know and love as dextromethorphan...

It appears that the function of the 2 are quite different with Dex being a cough suppressant/dissacociateve whathaveyou, while Levo- is a potent opiod analgesic that was never 'clinacally' developed...

So...share your thoughts on Dexter the meth orphan and his apparently sexy but forgotten about sister%)

So what's your question here?

I'd be interested to hear if anybody has tried levomethorphan...but if it was never put into clinical usage...

Never tried it, if it wasn't put into clinical use then I would be highly cautious and suspicious, there's most likely a reason for that ;)

Possibly the pharmaceutical industry knows something about it that we don't, like... for a random example, it causes long-QT interval.

DXM users know that when properly applied, DXM most pleasantly augments opioids, and moreover, does so in ways specific to the opioid it is taken with. A different ratio for each. Now, levomethorphan is the natural sister, I can't help but think (know) that racemethorphan would be something...special.

ive passed by it on wikipedia many a times just randomly looking up shit... ive never seen or heard of anyone I know or even on here state they have done it.... Never really paid much attention but dextromethorphan did help with wd a couple times and lower tolerance for me.... when i was abusing heroin... i use to abuse dxm to robotrip when i was 17 i am 25 now.... i tried it a couple years ago maybe more, and it was like whoa this shit fucked me up this bad and I was takin it every day senior year haha... those were my first drug days dxm lol.

Levomethorphan is apparently a really, really strong opioid with a fairly long duration. Apparently it's not formulated any more in the US.

It's been clinically developed, but other opioids have overshadowed it. Comparable drugs include desomorphine...

I also read of one, Butorphanol(sp.?), which is an opiod and comes in nasal spray form for migraines...anyone tried that shit??

Comparable to desomorphine? I'd say this is one to avoid...

Even if desomorphine is safer when produced sans-krokodil.

I was scripted it. Great for clinical use as it has no cross tolerance with common morphine based opiates. IMO no recreational value. Also be prepared for wicked intense temperature fluctuation if you don't properly ween off. I repeat great for pain as it only takes 2 doses a day due to it's ability to bind to the receptors for a long time, but not for recreation as using too much will cause problems.

edit: Words of caution this stuff as well as most pharmaceutical opiates I would consider having no or very little recreational value. They are meant for pain relief for the most part and will cause more problems if used proprietorially. I would not recommend seeking out any opiate because you can't just get opium. Even the hydro/oxy forms of morphine & codine.... Don't get me started on heroin as well... Even opium has its own dangers.

Sekio is wrong as I have recently been scripted levorphanol in the US.

Great for clinical use as it has no cross tolerance with common morphine based opiates. IMO no recreational value.
Are you talking about levorphanol? AFAIK it is still a mu/delta/kappa opioid agonist just like all the "classic" ones, and will therefore have some cross tolerance, but it is also a SNRI/dissociative to some extent like DXO.

I personally think it would be rather interesting to try & don't see any reason it wouldn't be non-euphoric @ the right dose. (then again, if you're on levorphanol I would expect you'd have a tolerance...) As you said though, its long duration makes it more useful for chronic pain (c.f. abusing methadone)

On principle though, you're right, it's best to avoid "recreational" opioid use. The reason I think levorphanol should be used more is due to its multimodal painkilling abilities as well as extended duration compared to morphine/etc. (I remember reading that levorphanol and methadone are the two "longest acting" opioids in practice.

I know you can still get levorphanol prescribed, but I bet it's pretty hard to find. The few people I have talked to who had the possibility of recieving a levo Rx couldn't find any pharmacies that actually stocked it. (tehn again I am not really searching very hard)

Comparable to desomorphine? I'd say this is one to avoid...

How is deso/levo any "less safe" than other strong mu agonists in use like hydromorphone, oxymorphone, diamorphine, if dosed properly? It's not like desomorphine etc have intrinsically "bad" effects that other opioids do not have.

On the topic of butorphanol, that's one of the wacky partial agonists developed under the thought that it would produce less dependence than full agonists, while still killing pain. A related drug, nalbuphine, was retracted from the market because it actually increased subjective ratings of pain in men (not women, strangely). It's got funky kappa agonism, and ia probably closer in activity to drugs like buprenorphine, pentazocine, nalbuphine than levorphanol. The N-cyclobuthylmethyl group does not bode well for "good" effects at mu opioid receptors.

Butorphanol is still used as a veterinary painkiller though, because humans find it shitty. (kappa agonism can get dysphoric)

"Levorphanol has affinity to μ, κ, and δ opioid receptors, but lacks complete cross-tolerance with morphine."

Straight from wikipedia. I get your point though it may have some, but not complete. It really is different as it has a lightheaded spacey feeling to it and only somewhat sedating. I would consider it not to strong in the narcotic (sleep inducing) aspect and more in the pain killing analgesia effect. I feel it is somewhat like a codine feeling with euphoria over sedation/analgesia, but it is still noticeably different.

I also did have some difficulty finding it. I actually had a 200 count bottle sent to me from the laboratory itself. It came with a cotton ball in the branded bottle and everything. Again I did have SERIOUSLY difficult withdrawal symptoms from 1-2 months using that I never developed with 2-3 months of oxymorphone/oxycodone use. They presented themselves in perceived body temperature fluctuation and sweating hardcore as well as when I was on it I had difficulties with it. Although I do have a weak stomach. Honestly I would not recommend it unless you need it. It may be a good choice for people withdrawing though due to the long effect with low dose (8-12 hours with a 2 mg dose) as well as I found tolerance never really built up even though I dosed 3-4 mg a couple times.