• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Legs sore frm opiate withdrawl plz help me my dudes i need advice

curtamagurtTHC

Bluelighter
Hey guys I'm currently at 8days20hrs20min clean from smoking fent.Been sleeping good so far with the use of a small dose of alprazolam and gabapentin for RLS. But I'm finally out of both and my legs are so sore I cant sleep more then 5min and keep switching sides. While on my right side I need to pull my leg leg up to my chest for the pain to stop and the same while sleeping on my other side with those two reversed. Still it doesn't provide enough relief in order for me to sleep. Getting 25mg kratom tomorrow so planning to take 4-5g dose during the day to have the energy to work out my legs on the bike or look up leg exercises. Maybe that will make them more comfortable enough to sleep?advice? Really want to get back to work asap but it's hard to do 10-12hrs shifts on little to no sleep.

Congratulations on 8 days! I know how difficult it is.

Try rubbing Tiger Balm on your legs. We have a mod that swears by it. After a hot shower or bath.

You can try loperamide and Mucinex (that's what I use). I take about 20-25 loperamide and 2 Mucinex fast max flu, cold, cough formula tabs. That helps alot w w/d symptoms. I dose twice a day (morning and afternoon).

Take Mucinex as directed. That's all you need.

I'm not promoting or suggesting everyone take higher doses of loperamide. I'm sharing what works for me. I have a fairly high tolerance.

Good job. I hope Kratom is helpful for you.

Coming off fent habit you may need closer to 10 grams of kratom. When I am in acute WD from say 150-200 mg/day oxy binge I need at least 6 grams of kratom to get well enough to work and be present for the family.

Yeah its going to take alot of kratom

Keep stretching, warm showers, massages. You're likely going to go through a lot of muscle tension but you can make it through this.

Thanks for the advice guys, I'm still going strong. Currently at 15+ days, finally got the courage to delete my connects for dope and after explaining to my phone provider why I cant afford to change my number they did it for free and waived the fee. So now I have zero connects for dope and I know I'll never hear from them again. once I did that it felt like I reached a point in my recovery I've never achieved before. Everytime I try to get clean I tell myself "this is the time I succeed", but after cutting myself off from anyone who can get me drugs it feels like I just locked myself out of my old life. I woke up today feeling different, closer to how I did before the opiates but I dont even know myself anymore.. I'm sure you guys can relate, I've been on either oxy,dilly's, dope or fent since 2012 following a near death motorcycle accident that left me with plates/screws in my leg and back. I remeber myself being so much more than I am. Maybe I'm just looking at the past through rose colored glasses the same way I do with past relationships, but all i know for sure is I'm going to get my life back or die trying. it helps alot to have you guys here even tho I dont know you I know were brothers in this. no one in my life knows I ever did opiates besides my girl, and I haven't found the confidence to go to a meeting yet tho I did call the Vancouver NA help line and found there's a meeting close to me tonight so I'm thinking about going.

Side note I just found out Ryan Donelly(youtuber who talks about his past addiction to opiates and started calm support and freefromhell.com) has passed away about 8 months ago from a blood clotting disease out of nowhere. really upset about this as he was the reason I first felt confident enough to try and get clean on my first try. Its Heartbreaking, he left behind a wife and two young children. But also thousands of people he helped, if there is a heaven I imagine hes there.

I'll keep you guys updated thanks for the support
Screenshot_20190521-145808_Quitzilla.jpg
-Curt

Last edited:
Magnesium, Magnesium, Magnesium supplements. Number one thing to use for sore legs along with Potassium. Just don't use to much or it will increase GI problems. Take the Magnesium with a tablet of Imodium.

Magnesium, Magnesium, Magnesium supplements. Number one thing to use for sore legs along with Potassium. Just don't use to much or it will increase GI problems. Take the Magnesium with a tablet of Imodium.

Will do, gunna go grab a bottle tomorrow from the health food store or market. Thanks

Magnesium is a natural muscle relaxant. I really do not understand why someone would want to use Mucinex a combo product. Take a look at the ingredients. One type contains pseudoephedrine and guaifenesin both of which will do nothing to improve WD's and the pseudo will actually make them worse. The combo product suggested in one post above contains phenylephrine a stimulant that would exacerbate WD"s. The product also contains a large dose of APAP which if not monitored closely could cause liver damage.

The only ingredient in Mucinex that is going to help WD's is the DXM. If you want to take Tylenol and DXM purchase them separately and take them sparingly. If you go that route get a cough syrup that only contains DXM as the active ingredient and keep the doses lower than 60 mg's. In general those cough and cold OTC multi symptom combo products are full of shit you do not need even when you have a legit cold.

Last edited:
Magnesium is a natural muscle relaxant. I really do not understand why someone would want to use Mucinex a combo product. Take a look at the ingredients. One type contains pseudoephedrine and guaifenesin both of which will do nothing to improve WD's and the pseudo will actually make them worse. The combo product suggested in one post above contains phenylephrine a stimulant that would exacerbate WD"s. The product also contains a large dose of APAP which if not monitored closely could cause liver damage.

The only ingredient in Mucinex that is going to help WD's is the DXM. If you want to take Tylenol and DXM purchase them separately and take them sparingly. If you go that route get a cough syrup that only contains DXM as the active ingredient and keep the doses lower than 60 mg's. In general those cough and cold OTC multi symptom combo products are full of shit you do not need even when you have a legit cold.
Never knew that about Magnesium! Thanks! Ill definitely keep that in mind, if that starts happening (in WDs right now...)