• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Legality of poppies in the UK

I’ve had mold form on cold brews before so yea always boil at least a little in the beginning if doing a longer colder/room temperature brew. Once boiled it can sit at RT for days without molding.

-GC

I've read people say you shouldn't boil the pods because it 'destroys the effectiveness of the opium', but I believe opium can be smoked - which reaches temperatures far higher than 100 degrees C, so I see no reason why boiling them should be a problem

I've read people say you shouldn't boil the pods because it 'destroys the effectiveness of the opium', but I believe opium can be smoked - which reaches temperatures far higher than 100 degrees C, so I see no reason why boiling them should be a problem

Yup, I’ve seen morphine withstand up to 160C for a couple of hours with zero loss of potency. So your right, boiling water won’t do shit to it.

-GC

So there's a massive patch (easily a small van load) of poppies growing on the side of a main A road near me. Would it be legal for me to go and harvest the stems to sell/use for flower arrangement and crafts on Etsy for example? The only thing I can find is an out of date news article stating that picking them was technically classed as processing, but also see countless companies and individuals selling them openly online.
Anyone got any idea? I don't want to get charged with possession of a class A, when I really do just want to sell them on Etsy! Lost my job because of the 'rona and think about it every time I drive past...
Need a customer??

Good news! My turkish goatherder has contacted me and says his crop is coming along nicely. This morning he was out early shooing the goats away from his plantation.

Good news! My turkish goatherder has contacted me and says his crop is coming along nicely. This morning he was out early shooing the goats away from his plantation.
Well,as i got that grafting projekt going...big turkish ones from Afyon would look very nice next to the other dried flowers 💜

I didn't realise their season went on so late in the year. Although, there are still new plants coming up in the UK, which is odd. I regularly see green pods about, even this late in the year.

IME in prepping pods, it's less about the temperature of the water and more of how long they've been steeped in water (Typically 30m-1h) if your goal is to extract as much sappy goodness as possible. Hot water definitely does help speed the process up though and I can't recall boiling water reducing potency.

I didn't realise their season went on so late in the year. Although, there are still new plants coming up in the UK, which is odd. I regularly see green pods about, even this late in the year.

Yeh, when they becoming established it's hard keeping the fuckers down. I've had them self seed after being harvested in July/August, get to a height of 6 inches or so, go dormant over winter, then commence growing in the spring. But we don't get many hard frosts round my neck of the woods.

Did anyone ever go to the deranged lengths of getting a cappucino maker? Supposed to drain "every last drop of goodness" from the pods.

Did anyone ever go to the deranged lengths of getting a cappucino maker? Supposed to drain "every last drop of goodness" from the pods.
Not quite that far but a blender, jug and a kitchen cloth to squeeze the tea out the pods worked a treat.