Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

legality of 1,4 B in Australia

girragundji

Bluelighter
I ws wondering if anybody has any information on the legality of 1,4 B in Australia. Obviously drugs are illegal for a purpose, but can police actually charge you for possession of it considering it's really jst a solvent/cleaner? I was recently in a car accident and the police searched the car and found pills, magic mushrooms and about a litre of 1,4B. My boyfriend was charged with possession/consumption etc for the pills and mushroom but police did nothing about the 1,4B. Apparently, even though they knew exactly what it was and what we use it for, they didn't have the right to charge us for that because it's not on the list of class A dependent drugs and because hey can't PROVE that we werent usingi to clean our CDs etc... Is this true? Any links or information would be hugely apreciated
xoxox

I'd personally suggest you were very lucky. As you were caught with other illegal substances, there is a strong case that the 'solvent' was going to be used as an illicit substance. There was a case that is an example of this where some marijuana growers were also caught with peyote, and the peyote was counted as mescaline because they were caught with the marijuana. It may not be specifically scheduled, but it listed on chemical suppliers lists as a drug precursor. If you are caught with 1,4b don't expect to be able to get off easily because its not specifically scheduled.

My understanding was that the sale and possession of 1,4B wasn't an offence and is perfectly legal (though not really encouraged). However the sale and possession of GHB is illegal, and this is extended to include the sale of 1,4B as GHB. (Along the same lines of you can be charged for dealing MDMA even if your selling bunk pills with no active content.)

"It is illegal to supply, manufacture, import, possess, sell or use GHB in Australia. Penalties range from a $2000 fine and/or 2 years in prison to a $500,000 fine and life imprisonment"

That is off "http://www.health.nsw.gov.au/public-health/dpb/publications/ghb.htm"

Hope taht helps man :)

^^^^
True, but they are asking about 1,4B. Different chemical, different laws.

Sllip said:
^^^^
True, but they are asking about 1,4B. Different chemical, different laws.

damn...i should read things properly next time ey??? :p