• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Legality issue (perhaps) of prescription

Status
Not open for further replies.

mirroru

Greenlighter
Well my situation, more or less, I have drug convictions for meth. I spent a year in jail on meth conviction and was released to find out my Dr. wouldnt prescribe adderal anymore, although the same Dr. had prescribed me adderal despite a different drug conviction years before. Ive been perceived adderal for 15 years now and have ran the gamut of the other medications for adhd treatment. Adderal not only works but I'm afraid will be the only barrier between me, relaps and jail. Im currently at a treatment center and nurse practitioner refuses me, adderal or, vyvanse yet others here are prescribed vyvanse. Is it a legality issue/ What roads will I have to travel to be re-prescribed? As well, it should be noted that I have a long documented and successful history without any abuse of my perscription. Please any help in the direction of getting back on adderal or a very similar substitute would be very appreciated. Thank you.

I'm sorry we can't entertain legal questions here. If nothing else giving legal advice without a law degree and bar exam is generally illegal in the US. We all need to remember this...

Thanks. Not meaning to be a jerk, it's just early here... Coffee...

It's a liability and general guidelines issue for the practitioner, not some kind of blacklist law. Why script amps to someone with an amp abuse history? Then they're responsible for managing and following up... no thanks.

You could try asking for a time-released methylphenidate like Concerta. I don't think you'll get anything but Wellbutrin personally, and honestly that's not a bad option to explore.

once you end up labeled as a drug user its almost impossible to be prescribed narcotics.
sorry bro

This is against the rules on multiple accounts. Questions about legality are against the rules and so are questions about sourcing particular drugs from doctors. If you want to reword your question to open up a discussion about improving your current situation in other ways (eg discussing alternative ADHD treatment options), shoot me a PM and I can reopen this. Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.