• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants LEGAL HIGH NRG3

Cara2019

Greenlighter
Hi I’m a new member. I wanted to ask if anyone knew about the “legal high” in 2012 that was named NRG-3 .... I’ve stopped taking anything since then and wish I never had. It was like taking coke and amphetamine at the same time. I got to the point where I would need to take it to SLEEP!! But my heart was thumping so badly out my chest and I thought the government were following me and installed cameras in my house. I was diagnosed with psychosis. I went cold turkey when I found I was pregnant. And luckily had no withdrawals even tho I was on it for about 12 months days and night. And didn’t sleep for days at a time. I think I had given up on life at the time and obviously getting pregnant gave me a reason to live and I wish I’d never even touched that stuff. I’m wondering now whether I could have caused any long term damage to my heart or what sort of carcinogenic chemicals were in that NRG3. I used to wake up almost crying wishing I had never touched the stuff. I’m so lucky to have healthy children now and don’t touch any drugs. But no one I ever speak to has even heard of that “legal high” and I wish I knew what I had been taking and what I might have done to myself long term ?

It is reported that the active compound in NRG 3 was Naphyrone, but then again there is no guarantee that all batches contained the same chemical.
It is possible that there was some damage to the hearth, yes, but only a doctor can tell you after looking at some tests.
Are you on any meds now?

Nope on no meds. Given birth naturally 3 times which I thought I would actually die during. But thankyou for letting me know. I haven’t looked at what naphyrone is yet but I’m going to take a look tonight. Do I need to be scared!? ? I do feel my heart is more susceptible to palpitations but generally I feel ok.

I see that naphyrone may have been NRG1 but there was a definite difference between the different NRG’s. I was very addicted to NRG-3. It felt very similar to M-cat. And I’m not sure if my batch changed at one point but I absolutely STUNK of chemicals at one point. It was coming out of my pores and I was continuing to work. ? I’m 33 now and im so worried that I’m going to be diagnosed with cancer in the next few years because of my STUPID behaviour in the past. My children are my life and I was told I’d never have any. Can’t believe how lucky I am, but also can’t believe how stupid I was in my twenties ? wish it was all a bad dream

Yes, it's impossible to say what it was, or even if it was ever actually the chemical it was suppose to be. Like you said yourself, something about it even changed at one point - so who knows.

Don't worry so much about long term effects, there is nothing you can do about the past - just take care of yourself from now on. These products were all mostly unresearched and very unknown, so we just don't know the long term effects that are possible from their use. And it's especially harder for us to predict because we don't know exactly what you were taking anyways.

Besides, even if you one day you develop cancer - for example - then you still won't know why. It's not like you will know for sure that your use of nrg-3 was the culprit - maybe you would have developed cancer whether you used nrg-3 or not. You'd have no way of knowing.

So it's kind of pointless to worry so much especially about something in the past that you cannot change. Besides, these are unresearched chemicals after all what if they find that using these chemicals can reduce the chances of developing cancer? It's unlikely, of course, but I just say this to show that you probably shouldnt worry so much.

you’re gonna worry about chemicals you took in the distant past? what kind of hell is that. remember not to take any more. the rest is done.

^ Agreed. Drudging up the past and worrying about it accomplishes nothing. Look to the future with what the past has taught you.

Just for clarification, or others wondering what NRG-3 might be: It looks to contain a substance structurally analogous to, if not pentylone and also containing either 4-MePPP or (MPPP, 5) . Most likely the latter depending on which source you use.

Analysis of NRG 'legal highs' in the UK: identification and formation of novel cathinones.

So yeah, a bunch of substituted cathinones, but again, all in the past and highly unlikely to cause cancer unless it was made at the Chernobyl site. If sub. caths. caused cancer, it would be in several medical journals like the one above. Put you mind at ease.

Btw, Welcome to BL Cara

^ Agreed. Drudging up the past and worrying about it accomplishes nothing. Look to the future with what the past has taught you.

Just for clarification, or others wondering what NRG-3 might be: It looks to contain a substance structurally analogous to, if not pentylone and also containing either 4-MePPP or (MPPP, 5) . Most likely the latter depending on which source you use.

Analysis of NRG 'legal highs' in the UK: identification and formation of novel cathinones.

So yeah, a bunch of substituted cathinones, but again, all in the past and highly unlikely to cause cancer unless it was made at the Chernobyl site. If sub. caths. caused cancer, it would be in several medical journals like the one above. Put you mind at ease.

Btw, Welcome to BL Cara
Thanks for all the info!!!

It does run through my mind sometimes - I wish it was all a bad dream, and that I had never taken it, let alone got addicted to the stuff.

I’d be interested to see what other people’s experiences of this drug was too. I don’t personally know anyone else that took it so I can’t even ask anyone how they felt and whether they got addicted in the same way that I did. I used to ring the police and I was convinced the fire alarms in my house were actually cameras. I thought every time I went out the house that I was being followed and I was convinced people that were walking down the street were actually under cover people watching me!! It’s crazy to think back to it now. Not many people know about it all so it’s nice to actually write it all down and explain what happened!!