• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Alcohol 'Legal' alternatives to alcohol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stinkypinky94

Greenlighter
Ok let me extrapolate the title, by 'legal' i'm talking substances one can purchase over the counter or with a prescription, and by 'alternatives to alchohol' i'm referring to something one can take on a night out to get a buzz going, as i'm at the point where i'd honestly rather stay stone cold sober then sink even a few bevans (althought it never ends up being just 'a few' does it).

Wasting vast amounts of money, feeling or being physically ill, being out of action the whole next day, taking in an unnecessary amount of fat and calories (yes even from spirits) - and all for what? You'd expect someone to go through all that for a godly high but all alcohol rewards me with is a slow and sleepier version of my sober self (it is a depressant after all). Where's the fun in that? Yes it may make social interactions a little bit less awkward and cause you to feel wittier (in your eyes ofcourse), but it sure as shit doesn't make me want to dance, or even move too much. Several nights recently i've caught myself leaving the clubs early because I want nothing more then to hit the sack. Maybe i just drink too hard/too fast/with not enough food in my stomach? Either way it always ends this way these days.

Basically i'm looking for your guys opinions and experience of substances that could be safely taken on a night out (every two weeks maybe), as an alternative to boozing.
Here are some of the substances im considering trying (as ridiculous as they may be): A mega-dose of St Johns Wort (srs) , Dexedrine (dexamph), Adderall, Hydrocodone/Oxycodone, mega-dose of preworkout powder, Xanax, Glue and last but not least Datura Stramonium.
Thoughts?

I dont think theres anything legal to substitute alcohol,most of the meds you mention above need a prescription.Something like a Benzedrex(some kind of amphetamines) inhaler or something is known to be legal but depends on what country you are from,and ive read pretty nasty reviews about it.

For sure dont try glue,the high(?!) is horrible and you can cause pernament brain damage.
Datura is trippy from what ive heard,i dont think it would fit in with a social night out.
Xanax is pretty good for sleep and relaxation but i wouldnt recommend it for a night out.

I think what youre looking for is coke or meth(maybe MDMA?) but all these are extremely addictive substances and it would be ill advised to start using them.

we're not here to recommend you drugs to get a buzz on.

Status
Not open for further replies.