• Bar GraphicOpen Late Graphic

🍸🍻 The Lounge 🍻🍸

Welcome Guest!

Forum GuidelinesBluelight Rules
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Creative Leaving notes inside library books (In Tyler We Trust)

Zopiclone bandit

Bluelighter
Is it just me that does this?

I was in the library like usual a few weeks ago taking back some books & I saw a copy of my most loved book ever Fight Club, I decided to slip a note into it with a little "best wishes" for the reader & left an email address I use. A few days ago I logged into my email & I had a reply from some guy who's now having a nice debate with me over the finer points of Tyler logic, I think I've found a human I actually like for once. I doxed him a little bit & when I found his Facebook account & other stuff then posted a screengrab to him he kinda lost it a bit & shit himself a small bit, I just laughed.

Anyone else do this or is it just me?

In Tyler we Trust.

Zopiclone bandit

Bluelighter
One landlord that really pissed me & my mates off with her rude manners got scared by this kinda thing, we left all cryptic "Satanic" signs painted onto the floorboards & covered it over with a rug, she rang up my mom several weeks later saying she was going to tell the police etc, I nearly died laughing.

It is just me that does this stuff?

I always wonder what the person that picks up a book from the library must think as they are reading it a piece of paper falls out, depending on the book depends on what note I leave for them. This is the first time I've ever had anyone reply to me though.

TheLoveBandit

Co-Owner
I think I've found a human I actually like for once. I doxed him a little bit & when I found his Facebook account & other stuff then posted a screengrab to him he kinda lost it a bit & shit himself a small bit, I just laughed.
So you enjoy the communication, and risk losing it over fucking with someone? You're choice. Though, that level of 'doxxing' happens a lot in that many people will search FB and general google for someone's name or email addy just to know more about them. I mean, companies check your social media history when considering hiring someone, and I'm sure move singles do it once they meet someone they (or a friend) may be interested in dating. So, yeah, it happens. But most people don't expose that they did it (companies will, if they aren't going to hire you, sometimes) because it does come across creepy.

= = = = =

As to leaving notes, it is an interesting proposition, I think. I did that in school ("I was here") with thoughts of coming back to see if it was found or not years later. I never did. I like your proposal of an open invite for discussion by leaving a 'for the reader' with your email addy - especially on a book like that. And, of all books, that one kinda lends itself to the 'doxxing' you refer to, doesn't it? I've left notes in books for future readers, but never considered a 'email me' type of connection with it. It was always more of a 'hey reader' type of note. I'm sorry to say I did it with several college textbooks before I sold them back ;)

andyturbo

Moderator: AADD, MDMA, TL; Administrator: PR.net
Staff member
Many many years ago I worked at a company called 'Buddy' (13Buddy) which was a phoneline where people sms there name and suburb then 'Buddy' responds with information that he 'knows about you'.

It was DOXXing cunts and getting paid $0.80c a msg for it. I wont type it here but on top of what @TheLoveBandit said above (facebook,google search) they taught us in training some really good ways most wouldn't think of.

These days Im a self taught pro though. Anyone gets smart I'll packetsniff there ass 💪🧐

Captain.Heroin

Sr. Moderator: H&R, Words
Staff member
TYLERKNOWSTHISBECAUSEIKNOWTHIS

Zopiclone bandit

Bluelighter
As to leaving notes, it is an interesting proposition, I think. I did that in school ("I was here") with thoughts of coming back to see if it was found or not years later. I never did. I like your proposal of an open invite for discussion by leaving a 'for the reader' with your email addy - especially on a book like that. And, of all books, that one kinda lends itself to the 'doxxing' you refer to, doesn't it?
I just have the kinda brain that thinks it is a good idea, some books have a "cult following" & I find a lot of the Chuck Palahniuk books really ring bells for me, I know they are fiction BUT the concept in a lot of them I agree with & I'm interested in people who hold the ideas & values it his work. In this day & age where the Fight Club lesson is more important than ever I'm interested in people that feel drawn to that kinda logic.

SS373dOH

Bluelight Crew
I like doing flip book animations of stick figures jerking off and shooting a cartoonish loads, shooting themselves in the head, or strapping on explosives and their body parts scattering.

Pluggle

Bluelighter
Hey. I kept all the notes we passed around the class in English literature year 12.

What retarded teenage angst and such bullshit about boys and how much of a piece of shit Katie was.

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
Not in library books, but when I was really depressed in high school I thought everybody else must be really suffering too (psychotic depression makes you think everyone is deeply unhappy) I used to leave random compliments in people's lockers hoping to make just a little difference to their day.