Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

learning..

its designed as a sport thingie i think
anyway, will call and organize or post on jie! about getting it set up
and dont fuck my organization up this time >:

Hell yeah I'd be up for kendo, I saw it done in japan lots of crazy fun bashing=)

*bump*

awesome. i've successfully learnt absolutely none of the things that i wanted to :\

and my homework is going so badly that i don't think i'll ever learn anything ever again.

OOhh i love learning too hehe. On my list of things to learn would be:

- Spanish
- Surfing
- Psychology
- Excercise biomechanics/ fitness instructor
- Nutrition
- Guitar
- Dancing
- Kickboxing/ boxing
- Cooking
- Photography

Hmmm i'll stop there :)

I have a very long list of things I want to learn.

At the top of the list right now is:

Shiatsu massage
Ju Jutsu
Water-skiing

Just noticed this thread, amongst my list is:

Shiatsu Massage! Woo! This is provided for our fighters before and after competitions and is truly amazing and beneficial to the body, improves muscle relaxation and recuperation a great deal

Eskrima/Kali - Filipino bladed weapon arts

And i'd loveee to learn how to play the guitar. I played years ago but gave it away, now I can only strum 2 or 3 tunes..

i'd like to learn some proper meditation techniques....sometimes mary poppins needs to be a little more zen ;)

i'd like to start learning french again to brush up [i learnt it for 6 years but probably don't know 1/2 of that anymore] but as i found out when i did it in first year uni, languages are really hard to learn well when you're out of an intensive learning environment like school [i do not consider uni "intensive learning"] :p

hmmm what else would i like to learn...

a lot more about aromatherapy and pure plant therapy...i used to work at an aromatherapy shop and love learning about this stuff :)

also like to learn italian as my flatmate is italian so may as well :D

oh and in my wildest dreams i'd learn capoeira...that brazilian dancing/martial art.....i think it looks the coolest when people do it but i am too unco and would look like a freak :p;)

I would like to learn

Italian - Since my background is italian and the majority of my family speak it apart from me ill like to learn it. Get back to my roots so to speak

Massage - It might come in handy ;)

Learn to cook - If you tasted my bananna pudding yesterday you would understand. I follow recepies exactly and still manage to mess it up.

Learn to sew - Making my own clothes would rock

Have learnt:

French (7 yrs)
Trombone (6 yrs)
A bunch of programming languages including C, Java, Prolog,
Lotsa computer science type stuff
lotsa aplied maths type stuff (up to 3rd yr level)
a bit of fencing (2 yrs)
swimming/surf rescue/first aid
some interesting physics, up to advanced 1st yr level
how to melbourne shuffle

Have started learning Japanese this year and I'm absolutely loving it.

Would like to learn:
More programming languages (PHP & SQL)
More physics (particularly quantum mechanics. also would like to understand general relativity)
More chemistry (enough to understand what they're talking about in Advanced Drug Discussion)
Some neuropharmacology/ biochemistry (as above)
Capoeira
Bass guitar
Turntable/CDJ mixing
How to sew/make clothes
How to swing dance
how to brew my own (good) beer

Anyone want to skill swap? I can teach anything maths or computer related. failing that anyone got textbooks for any of the above, particularly neuropharm/biochem?

Learning new things is wonderful. It fustrates me so much sometimes to realise there are still things that I am yet to learn about my job, that I dont know yet.
Sometimes when I am looking at something I am constantly trying to work out how it works or how it was built/made/ got to be like its present state. I usually come up with some weird idea in my head and then search to prove or disprove myself = learning.

Things I want to learn:

* Re - learn french
* How to cook Properly
* I want to study religion (mostly Muslim and Christianity)
* Further Nursing studies
* Random things like how Bridges/houses are designed and contructed etc

Add more when Im not scat..

<3

Originally posted by potato
Anyone want to skill swap? I can teach anything maths or computer related. failing that anyone got textbooks...

^What an absolutely fabulous idea. :).
I'm sure there's a lot of people on here who could donate / lend / sell some time and / or resources to help another reach a dream of learning something new.

I for one would love any second hand books on learning Japanese - I used to be quite fluent, but have since let myself get rusty. :\.

I have a lot of Sociology, Journalism and Psychology books still lingering around my desk. :).
Would be happy to lend them out.