Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Learning to dance.

• Thread starter Cantdanceforshit
  • Start date
up all night said:
Some people have no rhythm. None. I am one of these people. So I don't dance. Works for me.

This is me as well. I know my strengths and rhythm isn't one. Nor is co-ordination. I do the world a favour and stay seated. :D

I've seen SLM dance. On more than one occasion ;) And she's fine...

She must've been too trashed to remember!

Why there was that time we were all dancing in Fatz's living room, for starters...

phase_dancer said:
^ Huh! Dancing is like sex. Surely you have some rhythm SLM ;)

Now I know I've had this discussion with SLM before about dancing... LOL... would have been a few years ago now but the sentiment was the same.

:)

"Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best."
- Henry Van Dyke

Now if that doesn't make you want to dance with birds in a silent wood, I don't know what will =D

princess_kitti said:
watch the melbourne shuffler DVD heiheihei

He he he, one of my mates is in that, so we watched it last night. Now I want to learn to shuffle!!

Spent this morning watching the only shuffler at the doof closely, now I just have to try and copy what we were watching!!

^ Shuffling isnt that great, is fun when you first get into the harder trance type stuff but at a doof the music just isnt suited to it, is cool though when you can incorperate a half shuffle, stomp type dance though thats how i kinda dance at doof's with some other wierd funky moves. The thing i dont like about the whole stigma about the shuffle is that everyone in the NRG scene dose it pretty much the same way and instead of it being an expression of yourself it becomes a "look how good i can shuffle" type thing. Anyway thats just my 2 cents:D

thats because nrg sucks the dogs balls. shoot yourself now before you embarass yourself further.

Doppelganger said:
I've seen SLM dance. On more than one occasion ;) And she's fine...

She must've been too trashed to remember!

Why there was that time we were all dancing in Fatz's living room, for starters...

Yeah that was the exception, I was on fire that night :D hehe. Go the 80's techno pop! But still, I'm all hand movements and hip swivelling and no footwork. My dance style is like pole dancer crossed with bellydancer.

Hoptis: I DO vaguely remember that conversation! ;)

pd: sex is all hips and arms and breasts and undulating movements; I got that down alright ;),,, but fucked if I know how to move my feet. If there's a sex move that you need fancy footwork for, I'm buggered if I've come across it ;)

Surely dancing is foreplay.

Are you telling me you are more of a "wham, bang, thankyou maam" SLM?
I am most disappointed if that is true ;)

SLM if you like 80's music you may like the British Beat - although it's far from techno. This band got many of my crew dancing for the first time back then. The music is ska with a slightly punk element, but it's hard not to move your feet, especially when the first album comes complete with a pic of Beat Girl and simple feet moving instructions ;)

beatgirl.gif
feet1b_small.jpg

Oh, and having a serious foot fetish, I know lots of things involving feet and sex =D

If the record don't do it, try first dancing on the bed. For over 5 years we had a party room known as the paradise garage (its now my work area). We had a large steel framed bed in it and have many photos of people dancing on that bed. Needless to say, other things often followed ... :D

MoeBro said:
thats because nrg sucks the dogs balls. shoot yourself now before you embarass yourself further.

^Agreed Cant stand NRG anymore but the shuffle was invented in those clubs so its abit hard to apply it to other forms of dance music I think. The shuffle looks kinda like an epileptic fit on your feet!:p

phase_dancer said:
SLM if you like 80's music you may like the British Beat - although it's far from techno. This band got many of my crew dancing for the first time back then. The music is ska with a slightly punk element, but it's hard not to move your feet, especially when the first album comes complete with a pic of Beat Girl and simple feet moving instructions ;)

beatgirl.gif
feet1b_small.jpg

Oh, and having a serious foot fetish, I know lots of things involving feet and sex =D

If the record don't do it, try first dancing on the bed. For over 5 years we had a party room known as the paradise garage (its now my work area). We had a large steel framed bed in it and have many photos of people dancing on that bed. Needless to say, other things often followed ... :D

Damn, are you trying to make me have a crush on you? 80's music? Dancing and fooling around on beds?

Man, don't make me have to invite you to the Playboy Mansion on Baird street.

=D

the only person who'll ever give a shit about how you dance is yourself. Everyone else is too worried about how they look to worry about you.

^^ true that!! haha
Only thing i can think of to learn how to dance is glance at the people around you and just copy wat they do. Dont imitate them exactly, just to get a general idea but once you get more confidence you'l know wat ur doing & get your own style & wont have to watch. Or get a mate to show you. Its fun learning to dance:D

Cantdanceforshit said:
20 year old male.
Australia.

Ok well im 20 years old and i cannot dance. I listen to heavy metal (slipknot, killswitch engage etc etc) and even though i dont mind listening to the radio and pop music i never feel like dancing.

Ive got a relativly large group of friends and they listen to trance/pop etc etc so whenever we go out to pubs / clubs a fair few of them like the dance. Especialy the girls.

Now this is where it sucks, I never feel like dancing and i have no idea how to dance even. Chicks come up and ask me to dance and i decline and i generally get the impression they take it as some kind of rejection.

Dancing makes meeting new people and hooking up so much easier - i MUST learn. Always have chicks offering to teach me but i just feel stupid and shit. Tried watching otherguys but a video or website would be soomuch easier lol.

"just follow the music you say?" I dont feel the rythem or any of that shit.

Does anyone know any good videos or websites with hints on how to dance lol?

Man, i am your twin, i listen to slipknot, korn, etc... and last night i took my first bikkie, a green alien, and wanted to dance to get my energy out, but im too fucking shit at dancing!! all my mates dance and im off in the corner clicking my fingers and shaking my arms non stop haha

I swear i could have drummed as fast as Joey Jordison last night, when i was sitting down... bikkies are fucking mad :D

bikki_muncher69 said:
^ Shuffling isnt that great, is fun when you first get into the harder trance type stuff but at a doof the music just isnt suited to it

I'm well aware of that!! I want to be able to do it, just so I know how. My dance of choice is always going to be stomping around bare foot in the dirt. Shuffling is something I want to know how to do.

^fair choice, i remeber the first party i ever went to (was a mix of NRG at night, then psy in the morning) i saw all tse people doing the shuffle and was like WTF#$%^&*^%$ how can people dance like that i must admit, i then went onto www.melbourneshuffler.com and downloaded a few clips and started dancing around untill i got the flow of it, still cant shuffle that great as I was pretty much into psy right from the start!.

OhSoBec said:
He he he, one of my mates is in [melbourne shuffler dvd], so we watched it last night. Now I want to learn to shuffle!!

Spent this morning watching the only shuffler at the doof closely, now I just have to try and copy what we were watching!!

So am I!!!! im like the only one not dancing on the entire DVD set haha. im in special features :D

i like recoveries the next day where you wack on exactly the music you want and you dance around whatever house you're at ..... sometimes i dance more at recoveries than at the actual event hahah.

Yeah i don't like how boys at raves try and impress me by rushing up and dancing right in my face .... they just look lame-ass so i usually run off haha.

I don't think dancing should be used to try and hit on someone --- especially if they are happy in thier own little world - which i usually am .... and the boys just obstruct my usually well chosen view of the DJ which makes me want to hit them haha.

Last edited:
I am a really bad dancer too and I find that the only way I can get enough balls to get out on the floor with a girl is if I'm drunk because than I don't care what I look like. I just kind of try to stay away from dance clubs in general but if do need to Illl just gett pretty fucked up.