• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Laudanum from Opium

Waffleicious

Bluelighter
Hey there, guys! My buddy recently obtained a nice glob of opium and was wondering if it was possible to make a laudanum tincture from it. I've found a number of guides using dried pods, but none using actual opium. Does anyone have any experience with this? Is it even worth it? I'm just trying to recreate the magical poppy-tea experience I had and this seems like a good way...

Thanks in advance for any info! :D

Last edited:
If you know the general potency of the opium already then all you really have to do is dissolve your regular dose in water. I'd add 1 part lemon juice to 10 parts water and let it dissolve in a very slow boil water bath. You can filter if you want but it would probably be easier to drink strait as long as there's no large particles in your solution.

Use water and 10% high percentage alcohol (at least forty, but make 20% of solution). No need for lemon juice as even if it's not already a salt bound molecule naturally keeping it airtight, cool, and dark in the solution will preserve it well, but if you want citrate salt versions of your opiates by all means add 5-10%lemon juice on top of the 10%-20% alcohol depending on strength leaving 70%-85% water.

10% opium weight by volume dissolved in as high proof alcohol as you can find.

storing morphine or other opioids in acidic conditions encourages their degradation, i wouldn't add any lemon juice or anything.

I misunderstood, I thought he wanted single doses of tea. I wouldn't want to store anything in lemon juice for too long

If its in opium form I would plug or smoke it IMO morphine tincture r gross tasting n just end up getting feral as they age

Forgot to reply, guys, i guess your answers have been too helpful xDDD

Thanks for the great info, just simply dissolving in decently strong alcohol (adding a little lemon juice per swig) seems to work great. Doesn't seem to be as soluble in water, alone, and I have had much more success in making tea with the pods. However, using warm water to dissolve and then plugging is also a fun ROA, so thanks for that idea too lol.

Preciate you guys