• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Late Opiate Withdrawl

Britt_bratt

Bluelighter
So I'm new to blue light, but definitely not new to the drug world..
This is not my first opiate withdrawl, dealt with that devil too many times before.
...But this time is a lot different than any other withdrawl I've ever expierenced before and was wondering if anyone else has had the same withdrawl experience. So I was hooked on dilaudid starting January 2017 after being clean for 4 years from a hardcore oxy/fentynal addiction (400mg ox per day and 100mcg fentynal per day, came off cold turkey..thinking about those withdrawls gives me goose bumps) so anyways back to the dilauded use, was going about 4 8mg dillis a day and come end of March I detoxed cold turkey and felt like complete shit for a week then the wd subsided and stupid me decided I could have some fun again 14 days after detox and put it down again. Wrong. Was doing about 4 8mg dilauded a day then got a link on the 80mg ox again and my use switched to doing about 2-4 80mg ox per day (snorting) so here's my question. I stoped using everything Monday June 26 at 3am because I obviously want to get clean AGAIN. but what's confusing me is that on Tuesday I started feeling like shit, rls, uncomfortable all the shit that goes along with withdrawls( used weed and some xanax to help relax me) But today I feel fine.. rls pretty much gone. Body temp somewhat normal. Decent amount of energy.. all I have used today was loperamide and Advil. Now my worry is will my withdrawls hit me later and be complete hell or have I just boycotted withdrawls altogether other then feeling uncomfortable for one day? Has any one else experienced this before? If so what am I in for the next few days to come or am I back to my normal opiate free self already?!

have you been using much loperamide? if so that could be one explanation?

Some kicks go easier than other, and there are a lot of possible explaination. It is possible your withdrawal has peaked a bit earlier than it might have before. If so, take advantage of it! I doubt you'll just be back to yourself right away, as it will take time for your body to get back to normal without opioids, but hopefully you got lucky and will just start feeling better and better.

Sounds to me like you got re addicted but not as hard as you figured , cause I remember when I'd get fully clean for 2-3 weeks and dabble for a day or two or more, after that I kick for only a day or two and I'm sorta back to where I was at the end of week 1

Some kicks go easier than other, and there are a lot of possible explaination. It is possible your withdrawal has peaked a bit earlier than it might have before. If so, take advantage of it! I doubt you'll just be back to yourself right away, as it will take time for your body to get back to normal without opioids, but hopefully you got lucky and will just start feeling better and better.
you're right about all that, was just an easier withdrawl this time around maybe because I wasn't as addicted/dependent as I thought I was or because I kept thinking about how I felt when I was coming off of 400mg of oxy and 100mcg fentynal daily 4 years ago so it made this withdrawl seem like a walk in the park. I have also been using some kratom for the past 4 days and helps tremendously but I would like to stop that by tmro latest so I don't become dependent on that. I still am not back to my normal self and sleeping SUCKS. but I've done this to myself so I must pay the price now lol but I can honestly say this has thankfully been the easiest wd I've ever had and I have done it a few times in my life. Hopefully this is my last..but once an opiate addict.. hard to keep clean forever.. do you know if using kratom just masks and prolongs opiate withdrawl or should I be fine once I stop using it tomorrow ?

How long have you been using kratom? Kratom is a great replacement to minimize or even avoid a lot of opioid withdrawal symptoms, but if you use it long enough you'll have to deal with withdrawal from kratom. If you've only been using it a short time you can stop without issue. However even under best case scenario you'll probably feel some discomfort relative to the pleasure of kratom use.

How long have you been using kratom? Kratom is a great replacement to minimize or even avoid a lot of opioid withdrawal symptoms, but if you use it long enough you'll have to deal with withdrawal from kratom. If you've only been using it a short time you can stop without issue. However even under best case scenario you'll probably feel some discomfort relative to the pleasure of kratom use.
I have only been using kratom for 4 days and I might do it tmro as my last day but I might just stop using it today altogether. I have been using a total as 10 grams per day. Just hoping Hopefully I can just stop tomorrow with no side affects, thanks for the info!!!
HAPPY CANADA DAY! <3

Yeah you shouldn't have trouble with withdrawal from that. I didn't know today was Canada Day :) happy Canada Day indeed.

Wait a minute...

Originally you said you quit on Monday and haven't been taking anything besides a few lope since then and that you are suprised that you aren't feeling as bad as you expected.

Now you just said you've been taking 10g of Kratom a day for the last 4 days.

Odds are the withdrawals this time around have been much easier because you've been taking the Kratom. Your not taking a huge amount but 10g a day will make a difference.

If you suddenly stop taking Kratom now you'll likely endure some discomfort as you've still been supplying your system opioids. Won't be as bad a stopping hard opiates cold turkey would be... The 4 days of Kratom should soften the landing a bit.

If you stop taking the Kratom and find it too difficult then you could resume the Kratom and taper off.

Wait a minute...

Originally you said you quit on Monday and haven't been taking anything besides a few lope since then and that you are suprised that you aren't feeling as bad as you expected.

Now you just said you've been taking 10g of Kratom a day for the last 4 days.

Odds are the withdrawals this time around have been much easier because you've been taking the Kratom. Your not taking a huge amount but 10g a day will make a difference.

If you suddenly stop taking Kratom now you'll likely endure some discomfort as you've still been supplying your system opioids. Won't be as bad a stopping hard opiates cold turkey would be... The 4 days of Kratom should soften the landing a bit.

If you stop taking the Kratom and find it too difficult then you could resume the Kratom and taper off.
Ah yes I forgot to mention that I was also using kratom!! My mistake. And okay thanx for the advice I will seen how I feel tomorrow without any kratom and go from there. If I find I'm feeling crappy I will try and taper off the kratom. Thanks so much!!

This is very true, what I was trying to suggest when I mentioned you will probably expect some relative discomfort. You put it much better :)