last 4 days I lay on top of trash pile playing dead

MrsGamp

Bluelighter
...at my Dad's place, that is. Only went there cos I wanted him to pay for my codeine script tbh.
Dad is an alcoholic, or was, but now he's 75 he drinks a bit less. However he hasn't thrown out any empties of squeezed out casks for years. you can't move without treading on empties. he just drops them down wherever they fall.
Mountains of old food debris, dirty plates and you can't see the floor for cig butts. One toilet blocked, the other functional but the stench is daunting, and the piss and shit stains.

Dad hasn't showered properly for years, I suspect. I love him but he smells awful. He sleeps in his clothes, he shaves but doesn't wash is face or brush his teeth. His feet are medievally filthy.

I spent last four days in "games room" - now a tip- mountainous with old clothes, rotten mattresses, knocked over furniture, ubiquitous old food, cockroaches, probably dead rats and mice .... anyway, dragged out two bits of decrepit foam rubber, placed them over empty Valium boxes and Dex jars and old prescriptions and more wine casks, found a flannel sheet, two blankets, and a pillow of sorts.

Got into it and lay there for 4 days, mostly in near-darkness. The blocked toilet was scarey. It stopped flushing my pooh, and, of course, no toilet paper! Wiped my bum on rags and shirts I hoped no-one would miss.

Every waking hour, if possible, I'd skull a pint of that red wine that makes your poo green. I just wanted to be unconscious. You can't shit, shower or eat there. Everything is so ugly and disgusting that you don't want to open your eyes.

Dad's practically given up eating. He buys messy food that must be cooked in rank oven, and there's nothing to eat it OFF. Dad just eats his food standing up next to the oven, straight off the grill. Usually frozen chips.

I got my codeine but too so much I made myself ill.

Today got paid and had to get out of there at any cost. Spent 80 bucks on cab to dealers because after no food or showering or proper ass wipes for four days, I could hardly stand.

Oh, and was going into Valium withdrawal.

Finally I get my Dex and Valium and sit down at bus stop in blazing heat, trying to get them down without water. I began to gag ..oh I tried to keep those pills down, but it was useless. I puked up at least 30 dollars worth of pills in public.

I'm shitty now cos my mate talked me into giving him nearly half of my buy, too, which was only 60. He got 20. I've now gone thru 15 (not counting the vomited ones)..,,so: $300 spent and I've got only 20 left myself.

My life is a joke, or worse. I'm not young anymore - 47 actually.

At least am back at my own place now with a bed and a shower and a toilet ...not to be despised.

Pray for me. I am serious. And my dad. Mum's been dead since 2013 - it was suicide. If I had to live at Dads all the time I'd probably commit suicide too...

He thinks it's all good though! He DOES clean up - he puts recyclable shit in the recycle bin!

Recently a friend offered to pay for industrial cleaners. Naturally me Da says no way. His place is fine.

How is he so cheerful at 75, boozing, not eating, not caring?

And you can't be asleep all the time, no matter how foul your world is.

Mine has gone to shit. Everything has failed. At the moment of my death, I'll be overwhelmed by my sins: sloth, self - indulgence, giving up on practically everything except base pleasures like drugs. Yes, so much disappointment, loss, cruelty even - has brought me so low.

But I've never really taken courage and tried to stop this.

The older I get, the less reasons there are to try.

I’ll pray for you cause that shit sounds super fucked up, dunno if god will listen to me tho..

Glad you got out of your dads and back to your own place!

bluelight send our love

classic movie
when I was living in a tent i had a couple hundred beer cans in front of my tent eventually cleaned it up

Consider rereading that post. If you do what are your thoughts?

Kinda heartbreaking for me to read <3 How do you get functioning back into the equation?

No fucking idea at the moment. MONEY and JOB would help!
Had an academic career in my 30s, but Getting a job at a Uni again? I might just as well hope to suddenly become famous rock star or a the noble laureate poet. No work going at universities right now. Specially when you haven't published anything in ten years.
Not much brain to speak of either.
....it's become so normal for me to lie in bed all the time, unless I have Dex. It's not always as bad as it was at Dad's- I'm usually reading in bed at least!
Used to try to write too but the Dex have NOT helped there. To write you need introspection and observation and Dex brings neither.
But at least on Dex I can get up and dressed and have a life. I could do a just a regular job again if I had a steady supply, at least just to ease me back into working again. But I don't have a script and they're very expensive from dealers.
Are there any Dex-like meds that might be easier to get on prescription?
Even if I could just get decent quantity of Sudafed! but it's very controlled where I live - you can only buy 12 tabs per week with photo ID etc. Is it poss to order Sudafed online from O/S (sorry hope that query won't get me booted off -not asking for specific web addresses etc ...just wondering in a general way if a country that sold larger quantities of pseudo ephedrine OTC could send me modest amounts. not enough to start a meth factory ...just to help me start living again.

What are you doing to replentish the system your running so hot?
oh short term I won't. I'll have maybe two days of feeling human and then back to bed ...
are you in US? was wondering if Sudafed (with pseudo ephedrine, not "PE") is available in US OTC or is it controlled too?

It's not been avail OTC in America for ages as far as I know.

Your dad is an adult and his living conditions are beyond snyones help unless an authority.

Sorry mate, he needs more help than you can provide unless you have more family that can band together and clean that house out.

Stay at home as you should anyway, are you your dad's carer?

If so you can get assistance and get him into care.

As for yourself yes you are of an age where you should be able to manage your own health and monitor your elderly father and also children.

As you are struggling consider focussing on yourself, your dad will be better with professional help as woild you.

Your drug addictions are not the worst in the world, don't ask about pseudo though as it's borderline supply of precursor for amphetamines. It's as available for what it is for now as it ever was, ppl buying packets and packets clearly for amphetamine manufacture caused the control here in Aus.

Stick to dexamphetamine and codeine , focus on you, take time to do this then focus on beating addiction.

It's not been avail OTC in America for ages as far as I know.

Your dad is an adult and his living conditions are beyond snyones help unless an authority.

Sorry mate, he needs more help than you can provide unless you have more family that can band together and clean that house out.

Stay at home as you should anyway, are you your dad's carer?

If so you can get assistance and get him into care.

As for yourself yes you are of an age where you should be able to manage your own health and monitor your elderly father and also children.

As you are struggling consider focussing on yourself, your dad will be better with professional help as woild you.

Your drug addictions are not the worst in the world, don't ask about pseudo though as it's borderline supply of precursor for amphetamines. It's as available for what it is for now as it ever was, ppl buying packets and packets clearly for amphetamine manufacture caused the control here in Aus.

Stick to dexamphetamine and codeine , focus on you, take time to do this then focus on beating addiction.

Agree. Actually I should probably be prescribed...years ago a clinical psych felt I had ADD and referred me to prescribing psychiatrist ... But I had to wait 18 MONTHS for the appointment, and was ensnared in vicious divorce and custody battle at the time and let it slide....

oh short term I won't. I'll have maybe two days of feeling human and then back to bed ...
are you in US? was wondering if Sudafed (with pseudo ephedrine, not "PE") is available in US OTC or is it controlled too?

Yes in the US and psudo and ephedrine is available over the counter, but its limited as to how much you can purchase.

Given your drug intake you may consider taking a neurotransmitter precursor .. when people push their systems they use up and lose essential neurotransmitters. By taking a prequel you can help your body regenerate the chemicals needed to sustain your lifestyle, they will also make use more pleasurable. L-phenylalanine and L-tyrosine are what you would look for. Since your struggling for cash at some times fortunately the L-phenylalanine can be found for free in some brands of sugarless coffee sweetener packets found for the taking all over the planet. Combining regular aerobic exercise with the supplement will do wonders. You will get higher and be heathier.

Last edited:
Agree. Actually I should probably be prescribed...years ago a clinical psych felt I had ADD and referred me to prescribing psychiatrist ... But I had to wait 18 MONTHS for the appointment, and was ensnared in vicious divorce and custody battle at the time and let it slide....
Ps one thing I love about Dex is it puts me right off alcohol. I've had alcohol problems in the past that have ruined my life. And other people's. Since I've been on Dex I just don't have urge to drink very much. It's better than naltrexone therapy because it doesn't block my pain meds, which right now I legitimately need (recovering from horrendous knee injury since last August).
Maybe if I just went back to a psych and leveled?

Yes in the US and psudo and ephedrine is available over the counter, but its limited as to how much you can purchase.

Given your drug intake you may consider taking a neurotransmitter prequel.. when people push their systems they use up and lose essential neurotransmitters. By taking a prequel you can help your body regenerate the chemicals needed to sustain your lifestyle, they will also make use more pleasurable. Phenethylamine and L tyrosine are what you would look for. Since your struggling for cash at some times fortunately the Phenethylamine can be found for free in some brands of sugarless coffee sweetener packets found for the taking all over the planet. Combining regular aerobic exercise with the supplement will do wonders. You will get higher and be heathier.
Hey thanks for tip about phenethylamine. Will definitely check that out. Exercise is hard because recovering from terrible knee injury since August..but I've read of the neurotransmitter issue, and this probably explains, at least partly, my terrible lethargy
I’ll pray for you cause that shit sounds super fucked up, dunno if god will listen to me tho..

Glad you got out of your dads and back to your own place!

"Hey thanks for tip about phenethylamine. Will definitely check that out. Exercise is hard because recovering from terrible knee injury since August..but I've read of the neurotransmitter issue, and this probably explains, at least partly, my terrible lethargy"

That is a good tip, but unfortunately I miss spelled it and fixed it, but sadly after your read it. Its fixed now. Lots of ways to exercise.. 5 to 10 min a day to start works.

You shoud clean. I mean like really clean , and the. Call a relative. Make up a story , it will take awhile to clean so you can get high in the meantime

You shoud clean. I mean like really clean , and the. Call a relative. Make up a story , it will take awhile to clean so you can get high in the meantime
lol! seriously this place is so bad it could be featured on a documentary called "Most Squalid House in the Southern Hemisphere".
You'd need a fucking army of hardened soldiers to clean it. My dad's other relatives are so traumatised by his horrific house that they won't even go inside anymore, ever.
Hey thanks for tip about phenethylamine. Will definitely check that out. Exercise is hard because recovering from terrible knee injury since August..but I've read of the neurotransmitter issue, and this probably explains, at least partly, my terrible lethargy
Hey thanks for tip about phenethylamine. Will definitely check that out. Exercise is hard because recovering from terrible knee injury since August..but I've read of the neurotransmitter issue, and this probably explains, at least partly,

Wow! What a lovely compliment. Yes I do (or did) write - I have a PhD in lit and have published one book - the smash hit bestseller "Ferocious Things: Jean Rhys and the Politics of Women's Melancholia" - (2009).
I believe as many as several hundred copies may exist in this world.
But the academic career fell by the way side because of various horrorshow "life events". Some of which weren't my fault, but let's not worry about the "not my fault" shit: I fucked up pretty efficiently under my own steam ...
But thanks for your praise! It's been ages since anyone has given me quite such a boost....
Thanks

I'm sorry about all the shit your dealing with, that is rough. From the house you described I would rather just sleep outside, for real.

Obviously idk you but I have read a number of your posts and even though it is apparent that you are dealing with some serious problems in your life, but you still have some positive vibe about you.

At age 47 you likely have quite a number a years left. If you played you card right, buckled down, and got clean every "problem" you are facing today could be a distant memory in less than a couple years.

My point is, your not over the hill! Any thought of being too old to be worth changing is bullshit negative self talk.

I hope you find your way!