• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Large Etizolam dose. Should I be worried?

shadowstryker

Bluelighter
I went through heroin withdrawals recently and have been unable to sleep very well since then (3-4 hours a night)..
As such, I ordered 40 Etizolam pills (1.2mg ea.) To help me sleep. The first night I took 2.4mg Etizolam and...well... In the morning I discovered I somehow took 16mg Etizolam and half my bottle is missing.

Is there any way to prevent this from happening again? I bought Etizolam because it's cheap and I'm tight on money, but I just blew through a quarter of all my Etizolam. Not to mention despite being told it only last 6 hours I was unknowingly slurring some of my words, walking like a drunk, and I even fell down a flight of stairs in front of my family. Not the Etizolam I remember. :(

Your only option is to give them to someone else to hold. I black out quick on any benzo and have always woke up to no pills.

Pretty standard benzo (or, "thienzo" in this case) behavior. Perhaps the pills you got are more potent that stated, or stronger than whatever you had in the past? The only real way to prevent this kind of thing from happening is not taking any Etizolam, or at least not taking enough to blackout, but there's no guarantee with the latter.

Is there a friend or family member who could hold on to your stash? That way, you could take the initial dose and wouldn't have to worry about potentially taking more while blacked out. You could also try hiding the rest of the pills after taking the dose to go to sleep, but you'd have to be pretty crafty to make sure you don't "remember" the hiding place while in blackout autopilot mode.

Pretty standard benzo (or, "thienzo" in this case) behavior. Perhaps the pills you got are more potent that stated, or stronger than whatever you had in the past? The only real way to prevent this kind of thing from happening is not taking any Etizolam, or at least not taking enough to blackout, but there's no guarantee with the latter.

Is there a friend or family member who could hold on to your stash? That way, you could take the initial dose and wouldn't have to worry about potentially taking more while blacked out. You could also try hiding the rest of the pills after taking the dose to go to sleep, but you'd have to be pretty crafty to make sure you don't "remember" the hiding place while in blackout autopilot mode.
Nope, no family members to hold it for me. And I usually hide the pills, forget where they were hidden, and find them in the strangest places.