• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Large difference in heart rate standing verse sitting

thefoxrhythm

Greenlighter
I took propylhexedrine today and I find that when I'm sitting down my heart rate bounces between 60-80 and when I stand up for as long as I'm standing it is 110-120

The severe difference worries me. I don't recall anything similar in past times trying it. Can someone please help and let me know if this is normal?

I'm not knowledgeable about the drug, but if I was legitimately concerned, I'd go to the ER.

It's not unusual OP. Your body is just trying to get enough blood around (BP and HR go in opposite directions to help regulate). Try drinking some fluids and eating something (or getting some salty sugary stuff down with the fluids).

Thank you for the response. I did that prior to reading your post. I'm going to go for a walk to see if that helps as well. Figure some light activity might help.

The problem's likely because propylhexedrine (due to potent peripheral vasoconstriction) messes with the body's normal ability to direct blood flow around to compensate for movement, standing up and so on (called orthostatic hypotension).

But also your blood plasma volume's probably a little low because you took a stimulant, urinated plenty (plus salts), and didn't eat or drink much.

I'd probably just eat and drink plenty and give the body time to return to normal to be honest. Going for a walk could help, but it could also be hazardous if you get some way and then faint due to low blood pressure.

Thank you for the advice. Things have normalized for me. Haven't had a reaction like that on propylhexedrine before. I'll end up staying clear of it for a while. Honestly thank you though, helped me with a lot of anxiety.

Be really careful with larger doses of propylhexedrine! Also IME it has numerous interactions with pharma drugs, psychedelics and supplements. The high / body load ratio is becoming very shitty past 80mg oral IMO. Plus it has weird side effects days after the ingestion.
Its only acceptable when you are out of every possible stim but still want to tweak. I would rather take anything else instead of it.

Glad you are doing alright, thefoxrhythm! :)