• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Lamotrigine after invega (or any atypical antipsychotic)

Invegaswaami

Greenlighter
I'm currently on paliperidone, I get on well with it, I sleep well and I'd say I'm pretty much 100%.

Now, recently I spent a few days playing video games, really bedded in and came down. This was a very good experience but it's left me feeling less able to do things than before, less WIREd and a bit more numb. I've seen other people in this here rehab unit that are maybe 10 years older than me and are by now completely unable to do things effectively.

Will the meds take care of this and restabilise me?

Secondly I'm considering coming off these meds and onto lamotrygine, my mum is on it and I am assured that I can get on it. Has anyone had experience coming off standard drugs onto lamotrygine?

Finally I was considering going onto quetiapine. Any feedback to any of these questions is much appreciated! I'm not feeling suicidal but I'm considering killing myself because of what's to come.

Just popped into my mind- also coming off the drugs and smoking weed is an option.

I'm on Wellbutrin and Lexapro with lamotigrine. Previously I was on just Lexapro and lamotigrine, and before that Lexapro and Abilify. My doctors have said that I have a "mood disorder" and I'm not truly bipolar because I didn't go manic at 200mg Zoloft, but I pretty much present all the symptoms of Bipolar II. Lamictal lifted me up much more than Abilify and got me back up on my feet immediately. I've seen some friends attempt to use weed to treat their mental illness and it has not turned out well... but then again I may be biased because psychiatric drugs have helped me a lot.

I'm not sure how much other people's experiences are going to be predictive of your experience. Mental illness and the medications treating it are very personal. I think trying to switch is ok if your carefully managed by a doctor and hopefully a close family member or friend. On the other hand I think if it isn't broke don't fix it comes into play as well

I'm currently on paliperidone, I get on well with it, I sleep well and I'd say I'm pretty much 100%.

Now, recently I spent a few days playing video games, really bedded in and came down. This was a very good experience but it's left me feeling less able to do things than before, less WIREd and a bit more numb. I've seen other people in this here rehab unit that are maybe 10 years older than me and are by now completely unable to do things effectively.

Will the meds take care of this and restabilise me?

Secondly I'm considering coming off these meds and onto lamotrygine, my mum is on it and I am assured that I can get on it. Has anyone had experience coming off standard drugs onto lamotrygine?

Finally I was considering going onto quetiapine. Any feedback to any of these questions is much appreciated! I'm not feeling suicidal but I'm considering killing myself because of what's to come.

Just popped into my mind- also coming off the drugs and smoking weed is an option.

First, Lamotrigine is NOT an antipsychotic, it is a mood stabliser. I recently started on lamotrigine and while I haven't really noticed positive effects yet, I have had no negative side effects whatsoever.

First, Lamotrigine is NOT an antipsychotic, it is a mood stabliser. I recently started on lamotrigine and while I haven't really noticed positive effects yet, I have had no negative side effects whatsoever.
My doctor said Lamotrigine's effects starts very slowly. It could take max 3 months to take full effect.

The taper up to lamotigrine sucked because I felt like it was never going to work but after about 2 weeks at the full 100mg it started working wonders for me. Also, maybe the person who started the thread is prescribed an antipsychotic to regulate mood. I was given Abilify for that until switching to an actual mood stabilizer when I started Lamictal

The taper up to lamotigrine sucked because I felt like it was never going to work but after about 2 weeks at the full 100mg it started working wonders for me. Also, maybe the person who started the thread is prescribed an antipsychotic to regulate mood. I was given Abilify for that until switching to an actual mood stabilizer when I started Lamictal

Possibly. I'm on Chlorpromazine (Thorazine) for very severe anxiety.

Possibly. I'm on Chlorpromazine (Thorazine) for very severe anxiety.
Does it work well for you? The only things that have ever helped me are anithistamines, gabapentin, xanax, and ativan always paired with at least an SSRI. Klonopin didn't help for some reason. I'm really trying to get away from benzos

Does it work well for you? The only things that have ever helped me are anithistamines, gabapentin, xanax, and ativan always paired with at least an SSRI. Klonopin didn't help for some reason. I'm really trying to get away from benzos

It does actually work pretty well. I take either 50 or 100mg as needed. It is the only non-benzodiazapine that has ever touched my anxiety.

It does actually work pretty well. I take either 50 or 100mg as needed. It is the only non-benzodiazapine that has ever touched my anxiety.
I got a few tablets of Chlorpromazine. Now I'm definitely going test it. I have severe anxiety too. Only drugs help. Tried therapy and everything, even ECT...