• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Lamictal: Accidental Double Dosage 1 Week Early; Help

Yeetdruggie

Bluelighter
As stated above I accidentally doubled my dosage of lamictal a week earlier than I was supposed to. Basically I was supposed to take 25mg for 14 days then proceed to take 50mg after that. But I mixed up the day amounts from a prior medication and thought I was supposed to double up after 7 days. I’ve been taking the doubles dose for the last 3 days but I can’t get ahold of my psychiatric nurse because it’s the weekend. Should I go back to taking the 25mg until I can get ahold of her or call somewhere/a pharmacy that can help me figure out what to do? I feel very anxious because my nurse said I had to be strict about taking the lamictal and now I’ve fucked up. At least the dose isn’t crazy high but I was told that both increasing and decreasing the dosage had to be regulated.

Have you a rash? Any other side effects?

50mg doesn’t seem very very high but I wonder have you been on this before and you’ve been restarted on it?

I’m assuming it’s for a mental health issues and not epilepsy?

Have you a rash? Any other side effects?

50mg doesn’t seem very very high but I wonder have you been on this before and you’ve been restarted on it?

I’m assuming it’s for a mental health issues and not epilepsy?
It is for bipolar 2 disorder and so far, luckily, nothing hasn’t gotten worse and I don’t have a rash. My other side effects have actually gotten better since going up so hopefully it’s a good sign

It is for bipolar 2 disorder and so far, luckily, nothing hasn’t gotten worse and I don’t have a rash. My other side effects have actually gotten better since going up so hopefully it’s a good sign
Thats good, honestly 50 isn’t so high but I would just double check with a pharmacist if I were you. I know there can be some pretty bad side effects if you take too big of a dose too soon. If you see any rash you need to be contacting a medical professional because that’s a huge cause for concern.

So far I’m still fine! I took only 25mg tonight and yesterday with no bad side effects. I’m going to contact my nurse Monday when she’s available to see how I should continue taking the lamictal.

i have started taking lamotrigine (aka Lamictal) with 50mg then increased by (by my doctor) to 100mg after a month

after that i to overdosed in it to 200mg , i have started getting rash and hopeflly i noticated it, so i decreased the dose to 100mg.
i still have black spot on my skin for the next 15 days , then it despaired.

be safe don't increase the dosage of lamotrigine that fastly.
Thank you for sharing! Yeah the increase was an accident since I messed up the days of increase but at least I was on a low dose when I caught it.