• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Lamest Nite Club You Have Been Too?

yeah east 93 was shit but i heard there was something wrong with the floor and roof something dangerous if you breath it in...

Melbourne clubs

Most of these clubs wont exist any more, some of you older folk will be familiar with the names.....

Area in Croydon - a great place to pick up when you were 16 (I don't think anyone actually went who was overage)

KT's in Knox - similar deal

High Society in Doncaster I think - the one that was on the top floor of the shopping centre building......

j00ce (most people get the spelling wrong) - I actually went there the week it opened in Jan 93 (how sad!) on a saturday night it had NO DENIM / no runners / no t-shirts or polo's & you had to actually tuck your shirt in and do it up!

Sugar Shack - (banana alley / flinders st Melb) surfer club (nuff said)

Marquee Club - Kings Way (still there unfortunately) - I used to work across the road, so $2 stubbies on a friday night (pre GST) was good, you were almost guaranteed on picking up too (depending on how far you were willing to drop your standards)

Lazars (i think it's the colonial hotel now? which is ok please correct me on this one if i'm wrong, but when it was Lazar's it was D O D G Y)

Tunnel (already been mentioned) & the former Sports Bar which is now Bar 20 I think? (basically any old nightclub in King st before it was cleaned up - going back 8-10 years)

Silvers on a Tuesday night (lots of wanker posers)

Worst ever - a club called pure in melton

now for those that don't know melton, i think it is still the cheapest land in melbourne, so the crowd and music is very bad, its like the are stuck in the 80's.

Then the other city clubs, ie Jimmy Rowes. Basicly anything that contain jocks and top 40 music.

Daimo: Isn't Sugar Shack in Lonsdale street?

Anyway, I didn't think it was that bad. They have a really great dance floor, really smooth and easy to move on :)

How could I have forgotten about fucking twister. This place sucks some serious arse. Bad crowd, bad vibe, bad layout, badish music, some goodish music but no-one who can dance to it without looking like a half-drunk hippopotamus on special K. :p poo on toast in a club.

onetwothreefour is right too I'm afraid, Q-Bar is fucking disgusting :p

Q Bar is a fucking ridiculously pretentious dive considering it's basically a small dark room. I remember friends telling me how great it was and me being all excited about going before I actually *got there* and realised that I may as well have been at Matrix in Flinders Lane. Yes, it's THAT good. :D

Twister is lovable though in a lame and very trashy way...I remember the first time I went I was in utter horror...I thought I'd stumbled into someone's high school prom. But before I left Melbourne I went back there a few times...though that might have more to do with the friends I was with than the actual place. I still maintain it's fun in a really low-rent way though. ;)

Where else? Hard Kandy got a mention, but again I like a bit of HK...even if you don't like the scene, you have to admit they do it well. The first time I walked in that place I thought I'd entered Planet of the Drug Zombies or something, it blew my mind...and if you ignore the fuckwit cokeheads, it's not difficult to find fun people. I've often been to Kandy on my own and just made friends during the night...

But my absolute LEAST favourite club of all time has to be Evolution in Commercial Road, Prahran....I have never encountered a more unfriendly environment in my life, and the place isn't that well-designed either. I've only ever been dragged there under EXTREME duress and have never stayed there longer than 45 minutes at a stretch anyway. The place fucking sucks. :p

--President Raz--

Re: Melbourne clubs

Originally posted by Daimo
j00ce (most people get the spelling wrong) - I actually went there the week it opened in Jan 93 (how sad!) on a saturday night it had NO DENIM / no runners / no t-shirts or polo's & you had to actually tuck your shirt in and do it up!

lol! you know, ages ago, they actually had digweed there...my mate owns one of the turntables he played on (wooh, what a claim to fame :\)...but yeah, just thought that was amusing :)

Re: Melbourne clubs

Daimo said:

High Society in Doncaster I think - the one that was on the top floor of the shopping centre building......

rofl - oooooh Daimo you're a tough man.... High Society is single mothers paradise ;)

There may well be a Sugar Shack in Lonsdale st - the old one i'm talking about was in Banana Alley....

I was going to mention earlier that High Society only attracted the DREGS OF SOCIETY..... I only went cuz one of my mates knew the bouncer and we got in for free & it was something to do on a Thursday nights when we studying & had Friday's off....

I also forgot to mention the Manhattan in Ringwood - Bogan's paradise....

PS: I also saw Quench @ j00ce - that was another claim to fame! on Australia Day eve - 1994...

here is another sad sad fact - one of my mates picked up a chick @ j00ce once - her & her mates travelled from pharken Werribee to go to pharken j00ce!!!

j00ce was also a great place to play piglotto.... we only did it a couple of times... thankfully I never won.... One of my mates picked up a chick who was easier to climb over than walk around..... his excuse..... "it was my birthday & I wanted a root".

The LAMEST clubs I have ever been to and I forgot what they were called, it was in Innisfail, next to the Crown Hotel and one in Yeppoon, near Rockhampton..... small country towns are the best locations for LAMEST clubs during my backpacking travels...... its just so funny seeing the locals trying to be the "man" and all that bullshit..... but it's always a interesting time waster observing the local's culture and behaviours in country/small town clubs......

Joeys - St Kilda, Melbourne.

- Stay away.

"They have been aliens banished from mars that look less wierd then the people in Joeys". 8o

Shal
=D

i have to agree with new_piller here, and say im a bit of a Q bar fan. Its seems that its not to popular in here, but im a fan.
Good music, Good people- i always manage to bump into SOMEONE i know no matter who im with, nice atmosphere, great massage chairs... (when they're working), fun little photo booth (yes i do own many a picture ofbunches people shoved into the wee little box, looking like we've had black jelly beans jabbed in our eyes...) not a bad nght out... u basically have either a great love for the place or a deep and burnng loathing for it...

crap club = rush...

up all night said:
We're goin' to the Tavern, Castle Hill Tavern. We're goin' to the tavern toniiiiiight. Come on guys!! What's wrong with the Tav?? ;)

Absolutely nothing...It is a pub/club and it succeeds in that function. Why anyone would bother listing it as the "Worst Nightclub" is beyond me. Of course its going to be the worst night-club, because it isn't trying to be a night-club...seriously though, I thought as much was obvious.

BayCityRolla said:
1. Sublime
2. Jacksons on George
3. Paragon
4. Club Troppo... ( Revesby workers club )
5. The Dome ( London )
BCR

Sublime is your most hated nightclub? (A) its not a nightclub, its a party held at a nightclub (B) Sublime@Home (which is what I assume you mean) is the best night out in Sydney and Home is Sydney's biggest night-club. I agree the other BARS/PUBS you mention really fucken suck.

Signed - SubbieSurvivor
Ok, now that I have flamed and argued, I will post my own:

SYDNEY'S WORST 3 CLUBS (City) - As voted by me
1. Anything on George Street (Especially around the Cinemas)
2. That new club Innc. - Specifically on an R&B night
3. Anywhere that would host that messy-ass Day-Dreamz seed-fest.

SYDNEY'S WORST 3 BARS (City) - As voted by me
1. Aqua Lounge or Luna Bar or whatever the fuck its called. (Yesterday's paper claimed it has the most expensive drinks in Sydney).
2. The 3 Wise Monkey's
3. Scruffy Murphy's

Last edited:
IMO....The worst Newcastle clubs/city-bars from worst to best.

1. SKANK (Surf) City - I can't advise more strongly against going here...Simultaneously the worlds sleaziest and cheeziest bar...right down to that damn Safari(?) room.
2. Jolly Roger (JR) - Dangerous and even seedier than number 1.
3. Frostbites (Old Crown and Anchor) - New. Chicks like it. We think it blows.
4. CBD - It use to be good. Now it is pathetic.
5. The Underground - Dirty and weird.

Anything above this line is unfathomably atrocious and is not reccomended.

<--------------- Insert the many random city-bars here (ie. Ducks Nuts etc.)

Anything below this line is bearable.

6. The Brewery - Boring older crowd, but still better than most in Newy.
7. Great Northern - Young Crowd, Lots of action (fights/picking-up), Crowded as a cunt for no reason.
8. Fanny's - Shit and sleazey. Surrounding streets are also dangerous. Along with the Mercury it is the closest thing Newcastle has to a club.
9. The Mercury - Shit compared to Sydney clubs, but the best of the rest.
10. The Lucky - This place fucken rockz (If you are a local).

5 pubs that you should NOT visit. (For your own safety)
1. The JR - Seriously, DO NOT RISK this dangerous mission.
2. Did I mention the Jolly Roger?
3. The Shaft Tavern (Elemore Vale) or Jewell's Tavern
4. The Gates Hotel (Adamstown) - Except for the strippers (Wed or Thurs, I forget)
5. The Ducks Nuts
(I don't step into these places unless extremely fucked/desperate...anyone got any others?)

I lUv HaRd KaNdy cOs iT LeTs mE LeaVe My bRaIN aT tHe dOOr (iF I hAvE OnE 2 BriNg)

^^ Diego, right on with ur theory on Newy clubs.. I really hate skank city as well and the JR Is just plain scary. Have you tried King St Hotel (the old Castle) recently?

A month or so back i went to Fanny's at like 3am and it was crap. I walked into the toilets and they were flooded and full of vomit.. eww.. in my defense tho, i was dragged into the club.. i didn't WANT to go!