• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Lack of feeling in penis after taking too much speed

lightblue543

Bluelighter
Hi all, kind of an embarrassing thing, but I'm pretty damn sure I'm not the only one who this has happened too. My memory isn't great but I'm pretty sure this only arised after this. So please someone give me a bit of info here because I'm a bit concerned, and telling my GP directly about this... well I know about the patient confidentiality but hell it's still not easy to talk about with them.

Kept short, about 3 months ago I accidentally took too much speed (overamped) and had a 2-3 day hospital day, mainly just to be monitored and have checks of my heart and brain, everything was fine and it was just vasospasms although believe me it wasn't pleasant at the time. I go back for a followup in a month now. I noticed for the days after and up to this point, I really feel much from masturbation now. I have no issues with erections and I can still ejaculate, and I have no general pain or tingling but my penis feels numb, like how your skin feels after taking opiates, actually, it's exactly like that. Physical pleasure from orgasm isn't really like it used to be either. I guess you could call it sexual anhedonia? I mean I can still get off with some feeling but there is a tiny (tiny) amount of discomfort.

Really can't see how taking amphetamine could of damaged anything, if I had to guess I'd say it was probably my prostate but because I've had temporary adrenaline and infection issues in the past and know how it feels to have issues with that, but because I have no pain there, it's probably not that.

Next best guess is that the amps were cut with something, but then again hey they always are, and not everyone has this problem for months even after a speed binge.

So I get this isn't a medical forum but hopefully I get can some help here. I think I remember reading about someone who had a similar issue after too much cocaine to but i can't find it. What do you think is up?

I guess you could call it sexual anhedonia?

I'd reckon on this being more related to an altered psychosexual state after heavy (dopaminergic) stimulant use than any physical damage to the nerves in your skin. It does happen to folks, unfortunately, and it can take a very long time for sensations to 'feel' normal again - usually when the brain gets back into some kind of balance. Which can take many months.

^ Yeah I sort of considered that as well, makes perfect sense actually. I have some velvet bean powder that I take most days so maybe that will do something. I can bring this up in a month with one of the docs there which may be easier to talk to that my GP.

I've had this when coming off opiates (most recently oxy), my sex drive took a while to return. Ironically it came back if I took some codeine but disappeared when it wore off. Once I adjusted it was back to normal, but it did take about a month.

Anything that floods your brain with dopamine could easily do the same, especially any drug that affects the sex drive as amphetamine does. It is likely to be psychological and things will go back to normal when your brain adjusts.

It's not the sex drive either for me, that's fine it's just the lack of feeling. It's actually either depressing and I'm obviously down about it or it's frustrating because everything works and you have the drive, but there is no real feeling so it sort of defeats the point. Actually thinking about it something happened a while back after taking mephedrone, something similar to this but it went away after a few days not a few months.