• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Laced Weed

ALBANY — Police in upstate New York are warning of dangerous street drugs after marijuana laced with fentanyl was confiscated in a parking lot and three people were found unconscious in a car in a separate incident.
The Sullivan County Sheriff's Office says marijuana confiscated in a Walmart parking lot in the town of Thompson Monday tested positive for fentanyl, which has played a role in numerous overdose deaths. The sheriff's office says it was the first time the powerful opiate was found in marijuana in the area.
In a separate incident Thursday in Albany County, Sheriff Craig Apple says first responders revived three people who had overdosed in a car in the middle of a road. Another driver came upon the car in the town of Knox and called 911.

Link - https://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny...0190412-yunty6yigjfdvcju2lg3tvyhxe-story.html

There is no author claiming this story, the tag line below the photot is for Mel Evans from associate press.

Mel Evans was a photographer for associate press and he has a ton of photos you can search online. He retired from associate press in May 2017. Apparently this photo is credited to him but no one is credited for the story. AP news wire service has always been the wild west of reporting but this story has no credits to anyone except the photographer.

It refers to the incident as happening in the slightly vague area of "Upstate New York". It a thin report but I've found a much better report on the same incident. I've posted a link.
More realistic story with details.

After much searching I'm pretty confidant this isn't any more real then any other false story but if you're afraid you may want to avoid buying weed in the Wal-Mart parking lot. It appears to be one small amount of marijuana confiscated from one person and tested with a police drug test kit that may be in accurate in reporting.

But if you do find a dealer willingly giving away his or her fentanyl with every weed purchase, ask them how they are staying in business. It's more likely the dealer had both drugs and handled them poorly allowing enough to trip a police test kit.

The other incidents reported in the first story had nothing to do with weed at all.

One kid in Wal-Mart parking lot who's weed tested tainted but no amounts just a drug present flag.

What I am trying to understand about this whole conundrum that's been around for years is how you would feasibly lace the marijuana.

Think about it. Marijuana is combusted, and the resulting smoke is inhaled. Simple. But other drugs would just be destroyed upon being ignited. Am I right so far?

It's not like methamphetamine or heroin where you are actually vaporizing the drug, changing it from a liquid (or solid) to a gas. Also, PCP is dipped onto a cigarette and then smoked, and the chemical is still active, so I have no clue how that holds up. I have never known fentanyl to be smoked or vaporized, but I would believe the chemical would be destroyed upon contact with fire. Possibly there may still be some active chemical released during combustion/vaporization and subsequently inhaled, especially since fentanyl works in micrograms; however, I'm not totally sure so don't quote me.

I have heard of other scares going around, like marijuana's being laced with ecstasy, but I don't know the pharmacokinetics around this myth either and whether it would work.

If someone has better information on this, it'd be much appeciated. Regardless, stay safe and be aware out there!

There is no author claiming this story, the tag line below the photot is for Mel Evans from associate press.

Mel Evans was a photographer for associate press and he has a ton of photos you can search online. He retired from associate press in May 2017. Apparently this photo is credited to him but no one is credited for the story. AP news wire service has always been the wild west of reporting but this story has no credits to anyone except the photographer.

It refers to the incident as happening in the slightly vague area of "Upstate New York". It a thin report but I've found a much better report on the same incident. I've posted a link.
More realistic story with details.

After much searching I'm pretty confidant this isn't any more real then any other false story but if you're afraid you may want to avoid buying weed in the Wal-Mart parking lot. It appears to be one small amount of marijuana confiscated from one person and tested with a police drug test kit that may be in accurate in reporting.

But if you do find a dealer willingly giving away his or her fentanyl with every weed purchase, ask them how they are staying in business. It's more likely the dealer had both drugs and handled them poorly allowing enough to trip a police test kit.

The other incidents reported in the first story had nothing to do with weed at all.

One kid in Wal-Mart parking lot who's weed tested tainted but no amounts just a drug present flag.

Yeah it definitely smells like "fake news" to me.

The chance of an average consumer, even in the black market, coming across "laced weed" is basically 0