• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

lab shakers/mixers

hydroazuanacaine

bluelighter
a lot of people on here use what i would consider absurds amounts of of pg for their volumetric dosing. i can get 100mg of etizolam (varies a bit from benzos to benzo) in 3ml of pg (in some thread i posted a pic where it was crystal clear with no fallout after days in the fridge) but it’s a 10 hour process using a double boiler and intense manual shaking.

i strongly prefer three tiny drops of pg under my tongue than a ml, and i’d drop about $200 to automate the manufacture of that solution.

when i googled, i was overwhelmed the variety of makes and functionalities of these lab shakers. could i please have some guidance on which one or ones would be ideal for creating highly concentrated drug solutions in 3, 5, and 10ml droppers? at first glance, i realize i may need to use centrifuge tubes and then transfer to the dropper. centrifuge tubes not because i’m gonna centrifuge the solution; they’re just what fits into a variety of different lab equipment.

the goal is to run this thing for 12 - 48 hours, leave it to its task, and and come back to a perfect homogeneous solution.

if there is a benign solvent other than pg that will aid the process i’m open to that. anything to make it so i can carry a 3ml dropper with 50 doses. (without spending all day over a double boiler).

i’m worried that these heat tray mixers both are meant for too much liquid and might not be vigorous enough. and that the vortex mixers may never accomplish the goal without being able to set a low level of heat.

thanks

Last edited:
just get a magnetic stirrer hot plate & big teflon coated stir bar and have your solution in a flask in a water bath
0jVjN03.png

Last edited:
oh wow, the temperature controlled ones are not cheap. maybe i can snag one used on ebay.

this plus a thermometer do the trick?

even though not pictured the details say it comes with a stirring pellet. if it’s not big enough they’re cheap. i’m only doing a few ml at a time for personal use anyway.

Last edited:
if 190 everclear is used for a lactose / benzo mix and then left to evaporate, will the residual solid be reasonably homogeneous?

or is this lab 200 proof for real?

i did not think you could distill alcohol past 95 percent.

pg doesn’t evaporate in any practical sense.

i assume i want the beaker and water bath to be pyrex?

Last edited:
looks like i wanna use calcium phosphate anhydrous not lactose (edit: actually reading passed the extract it looks like lactose works too) ...

there’s a $70 dry homogeneous mixer (handheld) that does 13000rpm. not exactly top of the line.

wonder if the magnetic mixer is strong enough to do small amounts of solids. solids would probably stop it huh.

might have to stick to liquids. being able to make solid doses would be nice though to avoid the degration benzos experience in liquid suspension.

Last edited:
really? i know ambulances have to swap their iv vials out on schedule because I’d degradation. maybe that’s because of the water used to dilute though.