• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants L-tyrosine to counter depression from adderall?

nancy145

Bluelighter
my friend(actually my friend, not just saying it as a SWIM thing. i admit to doing lots of illegal drugs myself) has been on 30 mg adderall XR daily for about a week now and shes been experiencing depression from it. i wrote a thread about it the other day ( http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/778778-can-adderall-cause-depression?p=13388721#post13388721) and someone told me one of the biggest factors causing it is because adderall depletes your brains dopamine so its low when youre off of it. if i remember correctly, L-tyrosine produces more dopamine in your brain. if she took L-tyrosine could it like counter the depression from the low dopamine from the adderall? sort of how 5-HTP counters depression after MDMA? thanks

The comedown from amps is way more complex than just lacking dopamine. Taking tyrosine supplements is not enough to help recover from amphetamine use, unfortunately. You're better off spending your time and money on preparing a solid protien rich meal.

Sekio speaks the truth, is a person is going to be taking amps like adderall on a regular basis because of a script they have to figure out what kind of routine works to keep them feeling healthy. Making sure you are eating enough and getting enough protein and necessary vitamins and minerals as well as sleeping enough.

I always eat a moderate breakfast with a decent amount of protein and take my first dose of the day about 20 minutes after, but taking the adderall about 20 minutes before works too if you want the effects to get a head start. The important part for me is starting the day out with a decent meal that includes protein, in my experience this makes it easier to eat through out the day for some reason. I also take a woman's multi-vitamin and I do take 1000mgs of l-tyrosein as I find it can help keep the brain in balance. But its really important to take are of all the bodies needs.

Yeah she's much better off taking a women's multivitamin, staying hydrated with water, and eating balanced meals with protein in them like Neko posted about.

Also, tell her not to redose as tempting as it can be for some people.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention H2O! Good call priest, staying hydrated is also super super important. I always keep a big BPA free water bottle with me in the car and at work and fill it up atleast 3 or 4 times a day.

I never felt any positive effect from l tyrosine..as for adderal, at the beginning it was great for energy and motivation but it quickly started showing its ugly side..irritability, insomnia, just overal low energy and dysphasia would haunt me even after dosing 2-3 times a week..I was working out, eating good food and adderal still made me feel like shit..no clue how some take it daily for years