• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

l-tyrosine Question

If you're worried about getting it as close to exact as possible, try dissolving your teaspoon full (3000mg) in a little water, then pour this evenly into 3 glasses. Each one should contain close to 1000mg.

I was told l-tyrosine will replace/fix the dopamine and then my speed experiences will be better?

It will replace your dopamine levels if your body is low on L-tyrosine. It will AID in improving your "speed experience" but the best thing to do is have a break. There is no miracle cure if you have over done it.

Yeah well i dont think i've over done it, i only have a speed or meth once every weekend or sometimes once every 2 weeks...... but i have been having it on and off for a few years, ive only just started having it every weekend or every 2 weeks these last few 6months...

Just had my first dose of the powder... it says to have upto 3mg three times a day....... i just had half a tea spoon (approx 1.5mg) I guess there is no such thing as having to much? (within reason offcourse)

I was told l-tyrosine will replace/fix the dopamine and then my speed experiences will be better?

You realise l-tyrosine isn't a quick fix for amphetamine tolerance if thats what your hoping for here

There is a lot more to tolerance than simply being low in one amino acid. Things like receptor sequestration, enzyme density-availability, metabolism changes and a myriad of other physiological conditions all add up to the body's attempts to counter the effect of a drug like meth. The body likes to keep things at a certain balanced level (homeostasis**). Push it too far and it will resist next time.

With amphetamine and meth, the developed tolerance can take years to reduce. Some might argue that this implies there is are permanent changes occurring. Perhaps there are, I'm not going to argue that either way, but I will say that I agree with Fry-d- completely. L-tyrosine is no quick fix. The dopaminergic system is considerably more robust than the serotonin system, and as such, dopamine levels are normally restored much more quickly when depleted than serotonin. So while dopamine may return to normal levels relatively quickly after using is stopped, other physiological conditions persist, some of which are associated with the "hangover" effect.

** Definition according to websters-online-dictionary

Homeostasis: Metabolic equilibrium actively maintained by several complex biological mechanisms that operate via the autonomic nervous system to offset disrupting changes.

so why would you take l-tyrosine - what is the benefit if the brain replenishes dopmaine fairly quickly by it's self

That said would eating more supplment increase the amount of dopmaine and in turn if you smoked something like THC which interacts with dopmaine would it alter/enhance the effect?

It would effect things very slightly if at all IMO.

You might be interested in looking at the tyrosine metabolic pathways. Green is Homo Sapiens

Tyrosine metabolism

Here's the phenylalanine pathways.

Phenylalanine metabolism

As can be seen. Under normal circumstances, the body should have little trouble in producing tyrosine if dietary sources are low. Whereas phenylalanine is regarded as an indispensable amino acid, tyrosine is not.

Unless you have phenylketoneuria, in which case you want to dispense with all phenylalanine :p

Thanks Velocidex. I did say under normal circumstances, although I guess it's still worth mentioning as according to e-medicine, phenylketonuria isn't that rare. In the US it's stated at being around 1 in 15,000 births, a figure that is roughly the same for Australia, but in Turkey the incidence is ~ 1 in 2600 births!!

For those who don't know what this condition is, and before others decide that they have the condition, read about it here

LOL! Don't know if I saw that episode dim_mak

Here's an explanation of the term as applied to 5HT receptors and MDMA. The result is probably not as pronounced for DA and NE, but it likely occurs to some extent.

receptor sequestration