• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc L Theanine..what a surprise...

belfort

Bluelighter
ive been reading about noots for awhile now and a friend raved about l theanine and how it cured him of his panic attacks and anxiety after he stopped smoking weed..i was like meh ive heard this story before, no way will an amino acid be that effective against anxiety..so i bought 100 grams of it as its cheap..i scoop out 250 mgs and drink it down and wait..about a half hour later a wave of calm washes over me and im like 'damn'..i notice no mood boost or euphoria, just a very noticeable state of relaxation...another half hour passes and im yawning like crazy and almost falling asleep so i pop 100 mgs of caffeine to stay awake..whats great is i stay awake and feel none of the jitters from the caffeine...i also didnt feel any crash from taking the caffeine..im shocked that this stuff is that potent..

today i take even less, about 200 mgs and bam, im still very chilled out even after taking yohimbe which usually ratles my system..keep in mind, i have been taking phenibut for years along with benzos here and there and gbl and theanine still manages to have very powerful anti-anxiety properties..in fact, this stuff is almost too calming in that i dont see myself wanting to get up and do much...it kills stress and chills me out lik no other otc supplement/med...it also doesnt hurt cognitive functioning like benzos do..

anyone else impressed by this stuff??its perfect to just take and sit back and watch a movie..

I've gotten great effects from L Theanine as well. It's actually shockingly effective, and it combines extremely well with caffeine.

Obviously it has nothing on benzos in terms of intensity of effect: you're not going to get high on it and if you have a benzo tolerance it won't do you much good. But for a "regular" person it seems very effective for anxiety in specific or just for promoting a calm/focused mindset in general.

Be aware that you build a tolerance pretty rapidly, at least in my experience.

I've gotten great effects from L Theanine as well. It's actually shockingly effective, and it combines extremely well with caffeine.

Obviously it has nothing on benzos in terms of intensity of effect: you're not going to get high on it and if you have a benzo tolerance it won't do you much good. But for a "regular" person it seems very effective for anxiety in specific or just for promoting a calm/focused mindset in general.

Be aware that you build a tolerance pretty rapidly, at least in my experience.

that seems up for debate, tolerance...some claim to have been using the same dosage for months with no tolerance whereas others claim tolerance sets in within days...its weird..

I don't understand why it worked for you but not for me.

About a year and a half ago I tried it for about a month and felt like it did nothing but now I want to try it again.

What brand did you take and what strength and dosage??

Any idea why I might not have felt it?

I think it's time to give it another shot.

I don't understand why it worked for you but not for me.

About a year and a half ago I tried it for about a month and felt like it did nothing but now I want to try it again.

What brand did you take and what strength and dosage??

Any idea why I might not have felt it?

I think it's time to give it another shot.

There was just was just a major report all over the media about how 4 out of 5 OTC supplements/ herbs don't even contain what they advertise they do. You really have to do your research on the brand in which you choose.

There was just was just a major report all over the media about how 4 out of 5 OTC supplements/ herbs don't even contain what they advertise they do. You really have to do your research on the brand in which you choose.

Interesting.

Although I'm not sure that the brand I used didn't contain L-Thenanine because I remember doing my research and thinking it was a legit company.

If you have used it before and found a good brand please PM me with it.

Interesting.

Although I'm not sure that the brand I used didn't contain L-Thenanine because I remember doing my research and thinking it was a legit company.

PM-ed

Interesting.

I bought bulk powder l theanine from a company on Amazon--there are plenty of companies on Amazon and elsewhere that sell it.

It's very obvious if you have genuine l theanine because of its umami taste. Honestly it's the best-tasting supplement or drug I've tried.

I used to take L-theanine as a supplement when my anxiety was worse and I found its effects to be mild but pleasant. It wasn't impairing or overly sedating but it definitely made me feel more calm. I would recommend trying it if you're looking for a simple relaxation aid.

Belfort i have had the exact same story as you, started while working in the restaurant. Used 200mg during full rush hour! I closed my eyes and saw a map, The map showed which tables needed help and which already are helped. Best night ever. After that i knew i should try school again and here i am at my last year accountancy.%)

The funny thing is that there is a biolocial explanation for all of this, the calmness and if u mix it with caffeine the focus!! if u just started i can highly recommend the following site for your dosage because it will give u a better sense on how to use it and how not.

interesting can someone pm a good source also i used some once i bought from a place called vitamin shoppe but it was complete crap
i have legit anxiety always looking for something to try other than benzos

It does work - it's important to take on an empty stomach because amino acids will compete with each other for transport in to the brain. I get mine from the same vendor who is the most well known vendor of phenibut powder - they carry the phenibut FAA which should give you a good hint. Their stuff comes in tubs with purity assays.

L-theanine and caffeine are very synergistic. It's like all the alertness and energy without the anxiety or jitteriness.

I didnt see anyone mention it, but Ive been a huge fan of green tea all my my life. Thats how I first heard about l-theanine. I had no tolerance for caffeine, so I was wondering how in the world I was so relaxed after drinking the tea. Yep, the l-theanine did it. No other drink I've had gives u the alertness and relaxation like green tea. It might be on another thread, but inositol is my other favorite supplement for relaxation behind l-theanine.