• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc (Kratom) Withdrawal

Aga85

Bluelighter
Hi guys , ive been using kratom dose 4g twice a day for past 4months. It helped me to come off codeine and it works with anxiety. But ive noticed I dont get usual buzz from it anymore and it irritates my gastritis8) so I want to quit kratom. What can I do to make it easier, how to do it? Thank you for your replies?

kratom is normally used as a taper drug from stronger opiates/ioids, and seeming as your coming off a relatively minor one, and btw i'm in no way belittling your journey - codeine isn't as strong as heroin but its still an opiate and sucks to come off, its just ppl use kratom to taper off, sooo you're kinda at the end of the line (which is great btw!!!) - i would advise a non-opiate detox for you aka comfort meds such as lope/Imodium for your guts, z-drugs for sleep but only if you can trust yourself with them (after xanax and all), buscopan for cramps, any anti-nauseal tablets you can get and some paracetamol AND ibuprofen for any pains you might experience. best of luck Aga

Aww thank you for your advice ??i still got some xanax and diazepam left, still got some codeine but use it only sparingly, I have to be in a bad shape to use these stuff now. Got some cyklizine, prochlorozapine for nausea , im well stocked cause I never use these drugs lol

Jdjsjsjssjj

Trying to do new thread and dont know how haha so complicated lol

go back to Other Drugs and the new thread button is on the left just above the subforums section and just below the Forum: Other Drugs bit

You're not in too deep so you should be Ok but benzo withdrawals are different from person to person. I'd stick with your plan and just take the jump after your 0.25 week. You'll probably experience mild withdrawal (maybe some insomnia for a while) but it shouldn't be too bad.

If you want to play it really safe and have access, switch over to diazepam and read the Aston Manual:h ttps://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/ -- but this is written for long term users so might not really apply to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont take any benzos now. Tapered xanax down and had only slight withdrawl. Coming off kratom is worse I think. I never had problems before, could stop cold turkey but this time ive been taking it the longest. I know 4 months isnt that long but I want to stop now before its too late . Dont want to get in to this deeper

I dont take any benzos now. Tapered xanax down and had only slight withdrawl. Coming off kratom is worse I think. I never had problems before, could stop cold turkey but this time ive been taking it the longest. I know 4 months isnt that long but I want to stop now before its too late . Dont want to get in to this deeper

that's a great perspective on things Aga and well done for getting off the Xanax and best of luck with Kratom wd,
i always found benzo wds worse than their opiate counterparts so you got this!
also, do you need any help still with making a new thread?

Thank you :) ive managed to find how to make new thread if I need one. Was just curious :)took me ages but managed lol coming off xanax wasnt so bad as I was only on it for 2 months but still unpleasant. I still have some left but only keep it for emergencies. Start 5htp today, Vitamin b suplements and magnessium. Hopefully its going to make some diffirence.xx

^ awesome! seriously well done Aga; should be proud of yourself!
i wish i had enough self-control to keep some emergency diazepam but the longest i'ever saved a pill was like 3 or 4 days xD best of luck for your kratom wd.

I found valerian root was helpful. Having a long acting benzo like librium really makes a big difference as far as your safety during a xanax taper.

Kratom can cause anxiety for some people. I would of withdrew off the Kratom before the benzos, but that’s just me. Afa Kratom goes, valerian root can help. Normal doses.

People report different severity...but 4 months with kratom at 8 g a day...isn't bad at all...I've done it many times I like to taper down to about 3 g a day before cold turkey though and it's not bad at all if u do that

Yes thats what im going to to do. Me and my hubby both start in few days on days off, so we dont have to go to work. Got some diazepam if I need, xanax as well. I come off xanax without probelms so if I have to do it again I will. Coming off kratom is more important?thank you for your advices :):):)ive tried valerian root but it doesnt do anything to me, got wild lettuce extract as well, im well stocked with diffirent stuff. Even got phenibut but dont dare use it as is addictive. Hubby usued it twice and had bad come down so im keeping away from it. What about l-theanine? Im taking 5htp, and maca as well.

Hi guys , ive been using kratom dose 4g twice a day for past 4months. It helped me to come off codeine and it works with anxiety. But ive noticed I dont get usual buzz from it anymore and it irritates my gastritis8) so I want to quit kratom. What can I do to make it easier, how to do it? Thank you for your replies?

Tapering! And in combination with this:

• Use Curcuma with Black Pepper to cut your dosage an potentiate the effect.
  • Magnesium-Citrate is also very helpful to potentiate and rebuild your receptors.
  • Dissociative can rebuild your receptors, also some can completely knock out your withdrawals. Dextromethorphan is over the counter very easy to acquire.
  • Do not forget that many people use stems & vein Kratom to combat withdrawals. I never tried this. But I heard only good reviews about this.
  • Agmatine

AND!

Black Seed Oil (Nigella sativa). Oh dear, this is really good. First it can potentiate the Kratom for about 15-50% and also it really combats the withdrawal symptoms if taken alone. It acts as an indirect agonist at the opioid receptors. Be careful if you take this. Because in combination with your normal dose you will get definitely high again. And I know we all like that feeling. So cut dosage to 2/3. Better would be 1/2, what will be really enough if you like to get off. Please I urge you to handle this information with absolute care. I was long time thinking to tell you that. Because it can ruin your plan totally and absolute fast. I do not know atm, if it would better for you just to take it alone without Kratom. Because it combats withdrawals effectively.

Yes thats what im going to to do. Me and my hubby both start in few days on days off, so we dont have to go to work. Got some diazepam if I need, xanax as well. I come off xanax without probelms so if I have to do it again I will. Coming off kratom is more important?thank you for your advices :):):)ive tried valerian root but it doesnt do anything to me, got wild lettuce extract as well, im well stocked with diffirent stuff. Even got phenibut but dont dare use it as is addictive. Hubby usued it twice and had bad come down so im keeping away from it. What about l-theanine? Im taking 5htp, and maca as well.
If you take Phenibut only a week, you should have no problems to stop it.
Also important to know about Valerian Root is that you have to take it for while until it works AND most important is, how you consume it. If you just have the pure root than you have to powder it and then put it into cold water and let it stay for min. 24 hours in a cool dark place. Do not forget to shake it after some hours.

I can suggest Mulungu (which acts immediately and not after days/weeks like Valerian) as a sleep aid and it combats successfully (but not too strong) anxiety. Some call it a natural Diazepam. Best if you crush it and then let it sit in alcohol for a few days. If you make a tea, which tastes really good btw, just use hot water, not boiling water. Because it is said, that boiling water is destroying the ingredients.

Thank you very much for these tips :):) I find them really helpful. Never thought about Dextromethorphan. Ive got few strips of cough tablets. How is it gonna help me with tapering ?

Ive got valerian root powder, I just put it in capsules as I cant stand the taste and smell of it. It works with my husband but with me it just upsets my tummy.

How is it gonna help me with tapering ?
It should help rebuild your NDMA receptors, which reduces your tolerance. Also at specific dosage (I do not know how much atm. but I think the end of 1st plateau) it eliminates the withdrawal effects allegedly completely.
But be warned DXM can also lead in addiction. Mostly psychical. Because it is very mood lifting and has some other "recreational" effects.
I would prefer Black Seed Oil.