• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Kratom withdrawal, keep track here

Most people cycle it to keep tolly down. Keeps the receptors fresh.

Cheap as hell? I wouldn't say that....but being a natural product it has beneficial phytonutrients...but the constipation is noticable,wondered if adding half and half cream would bind the tannins, stoppping them from the binding or is it a opiate thing?
Wonder.
PS: Easier to stop than legal, life/health destroying, at your friendly corner store, alcohol, IMHO.

After taking 5-6 grams three days in a row, I knew I had to start taking it every other day as I just felt depressed with absolutely no energy when I didn't take it on the fourth day. After 2 weeks of taking it every other day, I felt the same way on every off day; i couldnt find the energy or motivation to get up off the chair and do anything. It just seemed counterproductive because I would feel shitty all day during the offdays, and the next day when I was set to take it I would feel energetic and good when I woke up (because I guess the withdrawal wore off by then), but I would still take the kratom that day and repeat the cycle the next day. It just wasn't worth it so I very rarely take kratom now and the next day I do not get any withdrawal symptoms.

You can avoid this by instead of cold-turkeying after 3 days----on the fourth day take 4 grams
fifth day take 3 grams
sixth day take 2 grams
seventh day 1 gram
then do what you want---stop----or repeat cycle whatever....

Lol I keep ordering more kratom after about 2 weeks of withdrawal and it puts me right back into it. So right now I'm on day 4 right now which means the physical pain and lack of energy kicked in big time. So since about June I've been in a perpetual state of WD sprinkled in with a few days of relief.. not fun.

I will say that I went and got a low dose of Vyvanse (40mg) to combat the depression, and it's great. Don't get me wrong, the physical WDs are still here - diarrhea, RLS, joint pain. But it keeps my mind from feeling like I wanna blow my brains out like I do when I go cold turkey without anything else. Plus I feel like it will help keep my mind focused on my goal right now which is to get off the kratom for at least a month. Right now I'm not even craving it so that's great too. I know some people might not want to do it but so far so good.

I find using daily as needed is just way better than trying to figure out a plan on it. Well, I personally use it for it's anti-depressant qualities more than anything. I've taken a 3 month tolly break from it before, and I've found that my tolly was back to where it was previously within 3 days of use. I don't see a reason to cycle. It's cheap as hell, not really bad on your body other than constipation, and it also has a ceiling effect to where you cant just use it like a traditional opiate. Why do you prefer to cycle if you dont mind me asking?

Just allows me to feel i have control over the situation and can stop at my time that i say i will.
No big reason to cycling the way i am (2 weeks on 2 off) i guess besides getting used to wds lol.
I CAN see a benefit to 1 month on and 1 month off cycle though, although may be a little hard to get used to for me at first.

-HOOD

Heck, I have to bring this thread back. I stopped reading the replies. I remember i was taking 6g every 2 hours, so about 36 g a day. But actually did end up quitting in July 2014, 2 months after posting. 2 months later i felt crazy and realized i could be having PAWS from going on and off kratom for so long, 3 years.

2015 I ended up going BACK on kratom in Jan. The temptation of 'the first time' again got me, i was feeling depressed. Mostly because i have intense SAD that almost mocks a seasonal bipolar. I quit again in May.

I got off of kratom by going cold turkey after tapering for 2 weeks May. I used DXM during the end of the firt week of cold turkey because that WD was HELL! and until Mid November I was way MORE SO addicted to dxm. I got my job back eventually and continued taking 150-300 mg a day. For a few months I felt better than ever and DXM with my tolerance was the most euphoric, amazing antidepressant i ever had. I even re connected with friends and went on a few dates, and i have extreme social anxiety and depression.

DXM was a miracle for Kratom withdrawal, i tribute that to getting off of it. And i was good until Mid November, when what I thought was my secret antidepressant made me bleed from my bladder and i ended up in the hospital. I stopped using Dxm asap in fear of renal failure after reading that White guy's guide to dxm, one anonymouse person reporting bladder bleeding.

Then i switched back to kratom because the dxm withdrawal was mentally more awful than kratom withdrawal. For 2 months I was detached, seeing tracers and suicidally depressed. And i'm all back to the beginning. I'm posting here I guess to admit how far I am from sober and because I need help getting off of everything now that it's been so long. I'm the kind of person that revels in strong simple experiences and health and i'm so far from who i am. Guess this post made me looked a little mentally unstable.

right now i'm only taking 12g a day, i never used it for a high this time around because i never got one from previous tolerance. However i'm aware that the sensitivity to life and health and spiritually i live for is gone. Not sure itll ever be totally back because of DXM, and it's been more poitive to get off that than kratom...so i'm posting here to call out all of those trying to get off of kratom again to share. i just want to remember normal now.

Last edited:
I was on it most recently for a week, about 15-20 g a day, and then I ran out. Felt shitty for a few days, with some marked depression and a feeling of being detached from reality.. I was lucky to not experience much in the way of physical effects (maybe some minor fatigue and a wicked headache on day 1 of not having any).

I can only imagine what "proper" w/d is like! I will try to be more careful going forward.

Because opiates numb your emotions and make you totally apathetic and depressed eventually. That's half the reason many of us use them in the first place. To kill those pesky emotions.

Damn, im the opposite..Kratom actually makes me more empathetic and caring for people around me..when I'm sober im apathetic like you guys say kratom makes u feel..Kratom helps me feel more interested in people..granted im not a daily user so...

I'm not sure shy some of you are forcing yourself through withdrawal when u have some laying around the house..taking a week off will not reset your tolerance to the degree you think..or maybe u just plan on using kratom once a week when you start back up?i think that would be hard once your body has been addicted to it in the past..

I never felt any withdrawal symptoms from kratom whatsoever, with two exceptions, and this is coming from someone who has detoxed off bundles a day of good Jersey Dope, so I'm familiar with WD's.

The first time I felt withdrawal while taking kratom is after using kratom 4x daily for about 6 months, I tried UEI for the first time. I took it at noon, and didnt take any other kratom the rest of the day. I woke up in an all too familiar hell, of derealization, depersonalization, depression, restless legs, tears, and nose running like a faucet. UEI really did give me full blown WD's and that was just on one dose of it. Even with high dose of red vein kratom it took about 4 days to get back to baseline. I don't use kratom extracts just for this reason.

The second time I felt withdrawal, and this happens about once a month, is when I mix it with oxy. Oxy is a very stimulating opiate as it is for me, and the adrenergic effects of kratom kick it up tenfold. I work as a manager at a welding company. I literally lifted 150 pound ingots, and welded them all day, full speed, with no stopping. I woke up the next day with pain, but used more oxy to cover it up. I find that 2 days of oxy use with kratom does not raise tolly, or make it any worse. Any more than 2 days though, and you'll have withdrawal out the ass. It's weird because sometimes I'll take oxy for a week straight and get no withdrawals, and other times I'll take it for 2 days and get terrible withdrawal.

Yeah if you have felt the agony of heroin withdrawal then kratom withdrawal will be barely noticeable..i mean, I've heard people act as if caffeine withdrawal is hell on earth but they have never quit any other drugs so they have nothing to compare it to so any type of discomfort is terrible..

Most people cycle it to keep tolly down. Keeps the receptors fresh.

Cheap as hell? I wouldn't say that....but being a natural product it has beneficial phytonutrients...but the constipation is noticable,wondered if adding half and half cream would bind the tannins, stoppping them from the binding or is it a opiate thing?
Wonder.
PS: Easier to stop than legal, life/health destroying, at your friendly corner store, alcohol, IMHO.

Kratom is very cheap..I spend less than $10 on it per week..u just need to buy it from wholesale sites..don't be spending $12 for an ounce lol

so, holy shit... kratom withdrawal is real. I was using kratom as a replacement for oxycodone. I ended up in IOP for the oxy addiction, but was still using up to 60 grams a day of the kratom for the past 2-3 months. I finally realized I was pretty much cheating on the rehab thing, so decided to quit cold turkey. I was prescribed naltrexone and took half of one. 1 hour later, I was in SEVERE withdrawal. so much so that I ended up in the hospital. just a note of warning for those reading this thread. good luck!

I've never gotten traditional Opiate withdrawls from quitting Kratom but I did seem to notice some nasty depression when I tried to quit using for a while a couple of weeks ago. Just a really sad and hopeless feeling, shit. I may have to taper off. Ive been having enough trouble sleeping since I stopped using etizolam so I think I am going to wait for this to blow over and then maybe start tapering. Many days I only use after work though so that might be keeping the worst of the addiction from setting in.

Took me 2 weeks to beat kratom wds.
That is the average time it takes me, give or take a day or two every time i have come off it.

I try to do 2 weeks on it, 2 weeks off it.. but it is starting to be pointless because as soon as i am out of wds i start the kratom back up again- resetting the cycle.

On the other hand, i am much more productive and social on it and not as much as a dick and everyone around me seems to be an ass a lot less.

Think next time i will try 1 month on, 2 weeks wd, 2 weeks clean, than back on one month- rinse repeat.
(gotta have some time to enjoy cleanliness once outta wds)

I'm on kratom now, just started my 2 weeks on yesterday morning.

Anyone else cycle like this?

-HOOD

I take it 2-3 days out of a week, not fun into any withdrawals yet..Kratom hits me same as you, makes me a much more social, nice person for a few hours..this is what's going to keep me using it for a long time