• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Kratom Withdrawal Help - Need to get off this stuff!

KratomBites

Greenlighter
Just realize how long this thing got. I'm just going to post it because I'm hoping someone else has gone through this and can see where I'm at. I'm totally committed to doing it this time and never going back. I also think I have the resources at my disposal to make this easier on me as the last few times I tried to quit I didn't make it but didn't realize I had those resources at my disposal. Maybe with knowledge from you guys I can make it.

Like everything else in my life I am even doing this bass ackwards! Here is the deal. I never did drugs. I didn't want them and they are illegal, even when they are prescribed pain killers I didn't take them. Didn't want to get hooked. Then I tried this stuff called Kratom. Not the leaves or power or anything. Friend said it is legal and would give me the euphoria of painkillers but last longer and I could work harder and stuff.

I tried and BAM! I was hooked. The euphoria was awesome! I could work so very hard writing computer programs and just a teasoon of it kicked in within 30-45 minutes, 60 on a full stomach and lasted hours. While expensive I didn't care because I was loving working on it and making lots of money. My tolerence rose but not much and I guess that is what is so cool about the liquird forms. Also I couldn't keep taking more and more and more or I would get sick.

I had no idea what trying to quit would be like. I feel HORRIBLE. I am depressed I am owned by this lousy drug. My muscles are like jello. Nothing in life seems good. So I bought more. But now that I know it has me I want to get off it.

How do I get through the withdrawals? How long to they last?

The reason I am saying I am doing this backwards is because searching the net I found a lot of people use Kratom to get off opiates. Well opiates is what I have. I don't take them! I'll fill the prescription because I heard it was smart to get them if you are prescribed in case you can't get through the pain. But I've never needed them. I'm hoping maybe someone who has withdrawn from Kratom or SWIY could help me to now use these things to get off the Kratom without getting hooked on the pills.

I went through my pill bottles and it looks like the best I have are the pills with WATSON 932 on them which are 10mg of Oxycodone and 325mg of Acetaminophen. At least from the searching on the internet those seem to be the best.

Now I don't want to get hooked on these. But I dumped the Kratom and don't want to buy an emergency order of that in two days. I want to be off Kratom for good and not give in.

How can I use the Oxy to get over Kratom? I know the Kratom withdrawals will kick in around 12 hours from now so tomorrow morning when I am at work. I already know what will happen. I am going to start feeling very depressed and very scared or suspicious of everyone who even looks at me. My nose will suddenly just start running while talking to someone. I will then start feeling very weak and very depressed and very scared.

I so don't want people at my work to find out. That would be so embarassing and they totally love me there. Probably because I get so much work done and have for the last year or so. Always Johnny on the Spot, always working late! But I won't be this week if I actually quit the Kratom and they see me withdrawing and then they'll think I'm a loser junkie which I guess I really am. I was almost tempted to just take the week off work but with Christmas bonuses and stuff all coming up and we are launching some software so the next two weeks are the only weeks this year where I totally have to be there.

What a mess and I already dumped all my Kratom which cost me a ton but I just hate it. I am so sick of being owned by it I have to get through it now. I can't keep doing the Kratom for two more weeks because it'll be another 6 months before I even try to quit. I have to quit and it has to be now. I can't do it anymore! Anyone ever felt like this or am I just the dumbest of everyone? Sheesh!

So back to my question. Can I use the Oxy to lessen my Kratom withdrawal? I've seen a lot of posts where people used Kratom to help through painkiller addiction, can I use it in reverse? I know nothing about painkillers except that they can give you euphoria which I've never felt from them. I took a couple vicodens about a dozen years ago when I broke a wrist and didn't notice anything, didn't even think they worked so I think I tossed them. I don't remember what strength they were. I can keep a bottle of the Oxy's at work if they will help. I figure I'll take 30 with me tomorrow so I'll have them at work and at home. If I only use them for a couple weeks I won't have to go through Oxy withdrawal right? Or maybe that withdrawal won't be that bad as I haven't been on them for a year.

If it helps to know how much Kratom I was taking I guess it would be equivilant to 200 grams of the powder. I don't want to give away how to get what I was taking because I so much don't want other people to think Kratom works and then buy it. Without knowing how much I was taking of the liquid you can't really cross reference it. I'm hoping that's general enough so people can't find it but specific enough so people who have taken Kratom know where I am at and why my withdrawals are so bad. Don't try Kratom, life is so much better without that demon! I want my life back. I don't want to lose my job but the withdrawals that are about to start are going to totally kick my butt. I give up every time.

It is very embarassing too because I'm a normal sized guy. About 5'11", 255pound, and not much fat. With Kratom I could work out like crazy and not eat a lot because it steals my appetite. I could work very hard and think. But man, trying to stop is like impossible for me. A day from now I'm not going to have the ability to do 15 lousy pushups that is how weak I'll be. I will also be very, very paranoid and shaky. Which isn't good! At work if something goes wrong I'm the first person people come to because I can usually figure out stuff really quick and get them out of trouble before the boss finds out. So they are always popping in my office. I never even ask people to knock, they know my door is always open to them. How bad that'll be if they pop in while I'm puking my guts out of have the dry heaves. I so shouldn't of dumped out all that Kratom.... Wow I'm stupid!

I'm so torn right now. I wish I hadn't dumped it all out. I'm thinking maybe I'll order it real fast and get it rush shipped. Then I'll quit in a couple weeks. But I can't, you have no idea how many times I've told myself that over the last 6 months. Then one day in and I'm a little baby and order more. Not this time, I am so done with Kratom! I want to be ME again.

I'm glad I found these forums, that is good. Saw that people used Kratom to overcome painkillers and I'm hoping to use the painkillers I have to get through the worst of Kratom withdrawal and start my New Year completely clean and off that crap.

I also have a lot of real good Kava which is what I use now to go to sleep because otherwise the Kratom would keep me awake.

How long does the Kratom withdrawal last? I so interested in knowing how many days I have to get though.

Sorry the post got so long. My mind is spinning, I know I have hell to go through. Nobody knows about this at work. I'm ashamed if they find out they'll really hate me or worse. Maybe even can me I don't know. This is a nightmare. Any help would be very much appreciated.

KratomBites

Last edited:
As a follow up I will be posting how it is going every few hours starting tomorrow morning when I get to work and a few hours before withdrawal start kicking in. Maybe it'll help someone who is in the same shoes as me down the road. Thanks in advance to anyone out there who can give me some advice. I'm glad I found this web site and I'm hoping this is a good resource for me too.

KratomBites

Hey man- I totally know what you're going through. I've never done Kratom but have come off Oxy and Ultram like a bunch of times and I know how bad it sucks. I have no idea how long the withdrawal will last, however, maybe you could make it easier on yourself. If you can manage just to go through the withdrawals all day- you know, feeling shitty and depressed and restless- maybe you can save the oxy for the night time just so you can get some sleep. Maybe you could take 1/2 of one of the oxy's you have about an hour before bed. Hey, at least you'd be able to sleep. I always found the sleepless nights to be the worst effect of opiate withdrawal. You'd just have to make a deal with yourself that you would only take it at night before bed.

You'll feel pretty shitty during the day but I found that if I knew there would be a morsel of relief at the end of the day I could bear it.

I don't know the half-life for Kratom given what it is I can't tell you how long it will last, but the good news is NOT LONG!

You may just have to suck it up for a week with Nyquil, a good Hot Toddy at night, hot baths/showers, ginger ale and
saltines or ginger candy for any nausea, and so forth.

don't bother ordering anymore with the intent to taper because you'll just get back on that roller coaster

if you want to quit, you have to quit there's no way around it

I would really advise against using Oxy to come off Kratom. Oxy is a lot stronger than Kratom and they're cross tolerant so if you use the Oxy to stave off Kratom withdraws, you're still going to withdraw when you stop taking the Oxy, even if you've only been taking it for a week or so. You can't just switch to another opiate for the withdraw period and then stop when you think the Kratom withdraw should be over. It doesn't work like that, an opiate is an opiate is an opiate. I suppose you could try tapering with Oxy but I'm talking really small doses, 10mg or less. Don't take more than that, you don't want to get high and suddenly find out that you love Oxy. A better option, I think, would be to taper with Codeine, or better yet, Loperamide. Loperamide has worked wonders for me and I swear it works for opiate withdraws. It's not going to completely alleviate the withdraws but it should keep you from puking your guts up every hour. Start with somewhere around 15mg on day one and halve it every day after that. It takes a long time to fully kick in though, and I mean a long time, so take it early. When I take it in the early evening I don't usually feel any relief until the next day, or sometime during the night. Good luck man, I hope you conquer this thing. I'm going through my own detox at the moment so feel free to PM if you need to talk or vent or whatever.

Last edited:
Today really sucks but it hasn't been too bad. Probably because I didn't need to worry about work finding out. The owner didn't show up. The manager was there but he was sick (smelled like he had the beer flu) so no one really noticed or cared that I wasn't feeling all that good.

I started getting shaky and nauseous before lunch and never ended up eating lunch. I tried an Oxy but didn't feel anything from it. I don't think those help or if they do I would have to take a whole lot of them.

I'm hoping this ends in a few days and I'll feel good for Christmas. New Years Day at longest. My heart is going like a hundred miles an hour and I can't keep a single thought in my head more than a second or so before I switch to something else. Mainly just feel rotten and depressed. About now is when I take another dose of Kratom and that keeps me going till about 2am but not tonight.

I think the best thing is that I didn't put any in me today. I'm so glad I dumped it out or I would have. I also didn't order any so that was good too. Just have to wait a few days till feel better. No euphoria is worth this.

@Shady
I have Imodium AD if that is what Loperamide you are talking about. I'm sure I'll be using that in a couple days, probably when the nausea passes and instead of throwing up it comes out the other end. I did take one of the Oxy but I didn't feel a thing. Probably wasn't enough to work on the withdrawals I'm going through. Just going to drink some Kava tea, hopefully eat something before bed and just curl up knowing that tomorrow isn't going to be all that much better but maybe the end of the week will be better.

Yeah Imodium is what I'm talking about. It works for a lot more than just the diarrhea though. It is in opiate itself, it just doesn't cross the BBB in sufficient enough amounts to get you high but it still works on the withdraws wonderfully. Search the forums about it, a lot of people agree with me. It's working for me as we speak. I'm on day 2 of quitting a 350-400mg a day Codeine habit and I should be hung over the toilet right now, but I'm not.

I'm using kratom right now to relieve withdrawal from a two month Suboxone regimen... On day 5 right now, and even with the kratom, my nose is still runny and my legs and back still hurt enough to make me squirm with madness constantly. Of course, I was on the subs to get off of oxy... I've had tastes of kratom withdrawal myself over the past couple years, but trust me-- Oxy withdrawal is a thousand times worse... I'd take the advice of the above posters and try the Imodium, and taper. 24mg seemed to be the point where the loperamide started helping my withdrawals... I'd also take plenty of stool softener with it though, lol. 8(

To be honest when I'm in withdraw, Loperamide makes me shit normally. I took 14mg last night and had a fairly normal bowl movement earlier today.

@shady4091
Maybe my problem was that I typically took 50mg at a time, lol... Gave me an odd little all-day buzz at that dose...

This really isn't a Dark Side question--you might want to post to "Other Drugs."

How is this not a Dark Side question? The guy is asking for support and help with quitting something.

hm....i would have to agree, that an oxy habbit is more painful to kick than a kratom habbit, but w/that said, i think a person, such as yourself, could work yourself into a panic, and make things worse. so i'm going to go out on a limb and express that i think it would be okay to take tiny bits of oxy during the day, since you don't feel it anyway, it's not like you'll develop a love affair, and meanwhile you'll be able to function at work. but i'd also not hesitate to take a week or two off work, whatever you can, after the holidays, to quit everything, cold turkey. i've never succeeded w/tapers.... i don't know why, but i'd rather kick hard and ugly for a shorter amount of time, than a long, drawn out feeling of just guauzy shittyness.... but that's just me.... god knows you'll still feel shitty for a long time after the acute wd's are over, but at least they'll be over.... and you'll be over the worst of it. best of luck to you. and don't be too hard on yourself. you're not the fist brainiac whose gotten himself strung-out. the shit feels good.... you're only human.

let us know how you're doing -
g

I'm hoping this is the worst day of it. I was in bed for 12 hours just shaking. I didn't even make it to work till 11am. Told them I have a bug or something. Barely ate anything last night, can't eat anything now. I feel like gagging but havn't yet, don't have anything to throw up any way. Just walking 15 feet feels like the biggest chore in the world.

I will be very happy when this is over. If this lasts more than another day or so I'm going to be screwed. I'm seriously thinking if I feel this bad tomorrow or Thursday I'm just going to order some more overnight so I have it for the weekend. I was hoping to feel fine by the weekend but this will have to turn around pretty fast.

Hey man, I know how you feel. All too well, unfortunately but don't give up. What are you on now, day two or three? You've definitely peaked now and you should take some comfort in knowing that at the very least, it's not going to get any worse than this. You may have to grit your teeth and bare one more day before it starts to rapidly subside. But it should begin to rapidly subside after day three. You've made it this far already, don't make all the suffering you've already gone through for nothing. You know you'll just have to go through it again sometime down the road. If you really want to be free, there's no time like the present. Stay strong and keep us updated.

I'm on day two. I think I'm starting to feel better. I will never take Kratom again this is insane. The FST tinctures are really expensive and I was blowing like $100 a day on the stuff. The high and euphoria were great but nothing is worth this. I'd rather just live drug free. I just redid my math and what I was taking was equvilant to about 300 grams of high quality Kratom powder a day. I took two 10mg oxy once and that gave me some euphoria like 5 years ago but didn't really trip my trigger and I was in a ton of pain and not looking to use them for recreation. With the Kratom FST it was like taking 3 or 4 times that dose or more and it lasted for hours and hours. It goes down so easy, no mess of the powder but it can get you screwed up fast. Once I can start eating again I know I will be getting better.

I was thinking of buying some today but screw that. I don't want to start over and go through this again. This is like having the flu only 10 times worse and feeling guilty and ashamed on top of it. I hope tomorrow I don't feel so weak and tired. By Christmas it'll all be good and I'll have a ton of money to spend on cool stuff instead of drugs.

My best advice, stay away from Kratom. I have no doubt they will make it illegal soon. I don't think the authorities have figured out how powerful the liquid kratom FSTs are. Once they do they'll ban it.

KratomBites

How is this not a Dark Side question? The guy is asking for support and help with quitting something.

"Other Drugs" participants provide the nuts-and-bolts answers that the OP is looking for (ie, how much should I take of
this, etc.), while TDS is typically for emotional support.

Oxycodone will help with kratom withdrawals and will probably get you high or buzzed considering what dosage you take because oxycodone (is much more potent than Kratom), but will be of no help in the long run and will make your problems worse. People use Kratom to withdrawal from Oxycontin and other various opioids. Try flushing out your system with antioxidants, taking some NSAID's (Tylenol, Aleve, ect), Loperamide will help with stomache issues, weed may be of major help depending on you react to it, and low dosages of benzodiazepines particularly something with long-duration such as diazepam and clonazepam. Don't get addicted to benzos, it's actual hell. I currrently am, along with my fair share of potent opioid wds