• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom Withdrawal and Tapering

amediocrity

Greenlighter
Hi guys, so I'm currently planning on going through a tapering process with kratom. Been using it daily for the past four to five months and am experiencing severe withdrawal symptoms if I abstain for even a half a day. Any tips? Does tapering really work? I've read that because the alkaloids stimulate the mu receptors (or something like that???) at even very small doses, tapering doesn't really work because even if you're only taking a tiny amount, when you stop your body is still gonna be all 'wtf'.

Any advice would be appreciated. Also, what would happen if I were to start taking magnesium and valerian and stuff like that as I'm tapering? Would it combine badly with the kratom?

Tapering works very well. Ive done it and had basically zero WD. The only WD symptom i had was a little restlessness. I would advise dropping 10-15% of your dose every 3 to 4 days. Also, go ahead and find some nigella sativa seed oil as that will help potentiate the kratom and keep cravings at bay.

Magnesium and valerian are both great with kratom actually. Although i have noticed that when i take valerian with kratom, i am always super groggy the next morning

How much kratom are you taking OP?i assume over 20 grams or more?im not helping much but his bad are your withdrawal symptoms right now?could u go to work?

Thanks HeadHigh, will definitely try and find some of that oil. Lately I've been using grapefruit juice to potentiate it but I've heard it's not the strongest potentiator out there. I've taken some valerian root to help me sleep tonight, as I've only just had my first dose of kratom after being in withdrawal for three days. I've experienced withdrawal several times now but I think this is the longest, and it's really taken it out of me - no sleep, restless legs, aches and shivers and seriously bad anxiety. Hoping tomorrow will be a better day.

Last edited:
Hi belfort, I don't actually measure out my kratom (I know, stupid mistake), I tend to toss and wash using a teaspoon. So I'd say a typical day for me would be a teaspoon upon waking up, then another before I go to work, one mid morning, another at lunchtime, and a couple more in the evenings. I'm guessing that's quite a lot, but as I don't know how much that actually equates to I suppose I'm a bit clueless. The withdrawals I have had over the past three days have been pretty unbearable. I was able to go to work yesterday only because I had the tiniest amount of kratom left over, which I took in the morning, probably about a quarter of a teaspoon worth. Suffered with terrible anxiety and felt physically unwell all day, and by the time I got home I just had to put myself to bed and pray for sleep, which never came due to restless legs and the acute anxiety. Luckily for me I had a couple of days booked off work so I got to go through the very worst of my symptoms at home.

I have heard great success stories from people using a short course of Tianeptine Sulfate to get through the worst of withdrawals. It boosts mood, energy and motivation and is an anxiolytic. It is also has some opiod like effects. it is not a prescription drug, nor is it a controlled substance, it is entirely legal. Easily found on the net.
I must stress that it is for short term use only as it is addictive and the withdrawals from long term use are worse than kratom.