• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom use

Wow- personally, I have no constipation issues at all taking large doses of strong leaf powder kratom daily (along with tramadol currently). Since kratom is basically plant fiber, it seems to off-set the bowel-slowing properties. I take around 30 grams a day currently. I usually keep 5-6 strains on hand and alternate a bit, but maeng da is one of my main my staples.

I dealt with serious constipation issues when I used harder, standard opiods back in the day, too.

pbuilder...I take Miralax and stool softeners every day of my life. If not, I'd never have a BM because of my disease-riddled belly. I also have webs of adhesions in my peritoneal cavity. I joke that the adhesions choke my colon. It's really not been a joke lately. With the M and SS, I managed to move bowels maybe twice per week. TMI, but usually very loose and watery. The collective stool blocking the transcending colon still allowed he watery stool to pass. I wasn't fully evacuating because of the cement-like poop lodged in the crimped section.

Also, because of my condition (stage 4 endo) the inflammation of bowels compresses my bladder, preventing complete empty of urine. I'm a cluster-fucked mess, medically. Booth my husband and I believe this whole crisis resulted from months of failed opiate trials that caused 11 day spans of no poop. My terrorist doctor wouldn't listen, instead move me to the next opiate. NOBODY wants a hard case like mine, where you simply MUST treat my entire body...no short cuts. Hell, if there were, I'd have taken them decades ago!

I've subscribed to this thread because I'm still interested in alternatives to opiates for lifelong pain. If I can't find relief of some level, it'll be soon referred to as "life-ending pain".

I too have or had GI issues. I had my colon removed in June. I haven't had any constipation issues with Kratom so far but I'll keep my eye on it. I have ostomy bag so a little constipation is good less output. I'm starting the tapering process of my opiates. I feel my pain is at a level I can take it. I'm sick of being a slave to these things and tolerance and higher doses. I'm pretty sure I've developed hypoalgesia. It's hyper sensitivity to pain with people with high tolerance. It's gonna suck but I've done it cold turkey before and this time I can taper with Drs help. I thought about suboxone clinic down the road but I've been on it before and it's just something else to kick. I was hoping something natural like Kratom to help. I took 10g this morning. It's not that expensive. I'm also using cannabis. It doesn't help the pain but sometimes lifts that mood of dread that comes along with opiate Withdrawl. I can't imagine what you've been thru but from somebody else with medical problems, im with ya. Stool softeners and laxatives if nessedery. I'm worried about getting off ousted and have massive output in bag cause no more binding effects. We'll see. It's imperative I get off these things. Anyway, try Kratom and good luck!

pbuilder...I take Miralax and stool softeners every day of my life. If not, I'd never have a BM because of my disease-riddled belly. I also have webs of adhesions in my peritoneal cavity. I joke that the adhesions choke my colon. It's really not been a joke lately. With the M and SS, I managed to move bowels maybe twice per week. TMI, but usually very loose and watery. The collective stool blocking the transcending colon still allowed he watery stool to pass. I wasn't fully evacuating because of the cement-like poop lodged in the crimped section.

Also, because of my condition (stage 4 endo) the inflammation of bowels compresses my bladder, preventing complete empty of urine. I'm a cluster-fucked mess, medically. Booth my husband and I believe this whole crisis resulted from months of failed opiate trials that caused 11 day spans of no poop. My terrorist doctor wouldn't listen, instead move me to the next opiate. NOBODY wants a hard case like mine, where you simply MUST treat my entire body...no short cuts. Hell, if there were, I'd have taken them decades ago!

I've subscribed to this thread because I'm still interested in alternatives to opiates for lifelong pain. If I can't find relief of some level, it'll be soon referred to as "life-ending pain".

I'm sorry you have to deal with so many ailments, ya doctors seem to ignore the opiate side effect of constipation for some reason. And it's the most common and dangerous one because constipation completely throws off your entire bodys internal balance and has so many side effects! When i was taking high dose lope for a while i wasn't paying attention to my bowel movements and i ended up so backed up and nearly impacted, to the point where i basically couldn't hold down food because i was so bloated. It was quite scary actually lol, but i managed to go cold turkey for several days and grabbed some stool softeners and laxatives and ate and drank as much fruit and water as possible and managed to get regular again. Since then i've been very aware of my BM's and make sure to go daily, and i've switched to kratom which appears to actually not give me typical opiate constipation. In fact i often dose and then 15 minutes later have to make a run for the bathroom.

Maybe try more stimulating strains like maeng da or thai strains, and any white vein strains. Also maybe try lowering the dose just a tad, and order some agmatine online which potentiates kratom (and all opiates) and actually reduces tolerance. I've been using it for a while now and it truly is an amazing, cheap potentiater with a complex mechanism of action. Also, i've been meaning to try memantine aswell as it apparently does the same thing. So a lower kratom or opiate dose with potentiated effects, less constipation potential.

Anyways i hope you find something that works for you.

I have $250 in Kratom capsules sitting in the chair behind me. I'm about to rip them open. Why are capsules not as effective as powders? It seems so much easier.

I took 10g of my green raiu today twice and maybe a little energy bolt but nothing really. My tolerance must be to high. Any suggestion?

10g twice a day is relatively high...i would just say that if it hasnt worked for you yet, its not going to. If you are at all able, take a break from opiates for a week or two. From what i understand, opiate tolerance decreases pretty quickly, so you could be back down to a place where you would feel even just 5g of kratom in maybe a week of staying clean

Yeah HeadHigh I'm tapering off my meds with Drs help. We believe I have opiod induced hyperalgesia. Wiki has a good description. We're doing it slow which is good cause I wanna feel the least Withdrawl as possible. Once I'm down low or off I'll get more into Kratom. I'd like to try the red and white strains. I'm sure this stuff I got is good but I can't feel it. So I'll be off opites and go natural with Kratom and cannabis. I'm gonna feel so much better man. Right now I hurt everywhere. I slightly twisted my ankle the other night and felt like I broke it. It never even swelled and it's killing me. I'm on high pain meds and Tylenol and I get headaches. Shit, the wind could hit me wrong and it hurts. I know people take opiates for many years with no problems. I don't know why I have trouble but that's the brakes. I'll be ok. No more Kratom until tolerance is down or gone cause I'm just wasting it at this point. Anyway, thanks for the advice.

Oh man, that sounds like a tough situation, im sorry to hear that. Well i definitely advise sticking with a slow taper, because if its done well, you really wont feel any withdrawals. But nonetheless, once your tolerance is down, i would definitely advise trying some red vein bali as it has excellent pain killing properties with a nice little euphoria to it as well. Keep us updated as you get through your taper, and good luck to you!

i wouldn't say theyre just as effective, I've tired all kinds of methods, t&w seems to work best to me :)

So I wanna order some more Kratom but I'm afraid my opiate tolerance is blocking the effects of it. Maybe I got a weak green strain but I took 10g today and didn't feel shit. Maybe a little energy. I wanna try white strain for euphoria but am I wasting my money buying this Kratom?

You are definitely wasting your money, so long as your tolerance is high. Kratom is never gonna feel like hydros or oxy unless youre able to get nicely high from only like 20mg oxy, and its still not going to be as great as an oxy high. Dont get me wrong, i think kratom is great, but only because i dont have any opiate/opioid tolerance

Gotcha. Thanks man. You just saved me some money. Nice to know it's out there. No way to potentiate it?

Kratom is like taking a couple shots of Starbucks and being wasted at the same time. Just boil it with some water and down the whole cup.

Gotcha. Thanks man. You just saved me some money. Nice to know it's out there. No way to potentiate it?
There are a few ways to potentiate it. Basically the same things that would potentiate opiates like grapefruit juice for example. In my personal experience piperine and curcurmin can greatly potentiate and extend the effects of kratom. Piperine is in black pepper and curcurmin is in turmeric. I just take about 10 whole black peppercorns like pills and then 2 of these turmeric extract caplets that I got at GNC about an hour prior to dosing. Be careful though if you are doing this before taking both kratom and opiates because I think it might potentiate both. You can also try googling "potentiate kratom with black pepper and turmeric" you'll find a bunch of different forum threads, that's where I started my experiments.

PS: You have to take them together because as I understand it the curcumin is what is potentiating the effects but it isnt efficient on it's own. The piperine in the black peppercorns increases the bioavailability of the curcumin by 2000%.

chemical discovery is right. i almost forgot about that method because i did not get very good results from it, but everyone is different, so its worth giving it a try