• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom use

^lol, kratom can make me feel str8 weird, especially a big dose w/ weed

No, it is not allowed, because this is an international board and Kratom is not legal worldwide. The corner case when it is allowed is, that someone was hurt/killed by a substance. Then the source can be revealed for harm reduction reasons.

Makes sense, thanks man

Even though my experience was shit last night I took 3G this morning. Prob not high enough for my opiod tolerance but that 5g plus pills had me almost vomiting. My question is I gust bought a green strain online and how many teaspoons would be good. I don't know how many g are in a freakin teaspoon. I'm just gonna mix it with some Gatorade or OJ. I wanted a green strain cause as it's been explained to me it's good for energy and euphoria. That's what I'm looking for. I feel from my research that if I took an opiate like strain my pills would eat it up. Plus I take ephedrine for energy and want off that crap so if an herb can help me I'm all for it. So yeah, that's my question. Since June I've been on opiates cause my major surgery(oh that Dilaudid pump in hospital was awesome) my tolerance is I guess so so. I'm on 15mg of Oxycodone every 4 hrs and Opana ER 20mg every 8 hrs. Just adding that so whoever can estimate my tolerance cause I don't know. I know I have tolerance but seeing some of the stuff people are on here I'm on baby doses. Also, if snorted or iv'd Opana might be strong but just taking the reformulated ones, not so much. So after all that, how many teaspoons should I use. Thanks

A teaspoon is APPROXIMATELY 2-3g, so maybe a teaspoon and a half would work best for you

Kratom works wonders for my wife, but I can't stand it. Not sure why. It just doesn't agree with me

It's important to have some way of accurate measuring your dose. Using regular teaspoons isn't accurate enough. Measuring spoons are cheap and available at most home stores and are what I use; I measure out my doses by volume (ie, 7.5 grams to me is 7.5 grams as measured by my 2.5 gram spoon). I know that other folks use hand scales. Either way, trying to eyeball a regular teaspoon is going to be pretty inaccurate, and make it really easy to go too high or too low on your dose.

Argh,

lack of sleep and withdrawl - wanted to say.
If you take long Kratom powder can result into a poo blockage.
So you have problems. Thats why I was taking regulary something that I had to get to the toilett. Xylitol for example.

Different brain and body? I know a woman in the past who can't get high from cannabis. Really. Thought this is impossible but okay everybody is different.

I got a kitchen scale that calculates without adding cup so I'm good on measuring. Should have mine tomorrow!

I paid 5$ 2 day shipping and shit ain't here!! Still got some time. Tracked it and it said in transit. Shit could be anywhere. I got my scale and I'm ready. It was in oregan yesterday so idk. Still reputable place I'm just impatient. Every once in awhile I crave a buzz. Who doesn't I guess. I used to get fucked up all the time on everything but I'm 40 with a kid. But I still crave a buzz. My opiate tolerance is fairly high so I gotta do "other things" with them to get buzz. I was hoping Kratom would give me some nice energy with some euphoria. I guess we'll see.

Different brain and body? I know a woman in the past who can't get high from cannabis. Really. Thought this is impossible but okay everybody is different.

well cannabis does little for me..i feel dull and zombified on it, no euphoria so...

Teaspoon is not 2-3 grams always at all... I just weighed 5 grams Kratom it was like 2-3 table spoons :.. Different Kratom weighs differently id imagine

correct^^^
Just a very approximate guess really. Should only be used if you have no other way to measure

I got my green raiu today. Just took some hr ago. 6g. A little conservative but didn't know what to expect. I think with my opiate tolerance I need to take a higher dose, maybe 10g. I do feel the effects their just not very pronounced. I'll keep working on it but I'm happy with it

Constipation is VERY REAL, no matter your age.

So be very aware of your bowel habits, especially if taking as adjunct to opiates...double whammy so to speak!

I can only speak from personal experience, with a disclaimer, as constipation pre-dated use of Kratom and enrollment in PM. I have multiple GI issues resulting from trauma, disease, surgery and chemo. I also have IBC. Pain med trials since starting PM in 2014 have not been successful for me.

Several months back, I read of Kratom here and thought "worth a try". The Oxycodone IR I'm prescribed is not the answer for me, so I was willing to try Kratom and/or Cannabis. The weed (smoked) offered no pain relief, just shit-faced giggles. I need to be coherent and productive every day, so Kratom sounded like a possibility.

It had potential, especially as a mood lift. I took it for a couple of weeks via capsules (Maeng-Di). I noticed my constipation issues getting worse. By mid-October I was in the ER with partial bowel obstruction. I was hospitalized for almost 2 weeks in 2 hospitals with "a colon full of stool" and a "bladder full of infection". CT scans showed MASSIVE amounts of trapped stool in my upper left side. First time ever I've had this severe episode. Doctors said this had been building up over time. Kratom? Idaknow, but I'm suspicious.

Just be careful, especially if you have GI issues. :eek:

Teaspoon is not 2-3 grams always at all... I just weighed 5 grams Kratom it was like 2-3 table spoons :.. Different Kratom weighs differently id imagine

Do you skim the layer of the tablespoon with a butterknife or something so its flat and not heeping? Cause i imagine if it was a heeping tablespoon then a single one would be 10-15grams. Atleast all kratom i've ever touched.

Constipation is VERY REAL, no matter your age.

So be very aware of your bowel habits, especially if taking as adjunct to opiates...double whammy so to speak!

I can only speak from personal experience, with a disclaimer, as constipation pre-dated use of Kratom and enrollment in PM. I have multiple GI issues resulting from trauma, disease, surgery and chemo. I also have IBC. Pain med trials since starting PM in 2014 have not been successful for me.

Several months back, I read of Kratom here and thought "worth a try". The Oxycodone IR I'm prescribed is not the answer for me, so I was willing to try Kratom and/or Cannabis. The weed (smoked) offered no pain relief, just shit-faced giggles. I need to be coherent and productive every day, so Kratom sounded like a possibility.

It had potential, especially as a mood lift. I took it for a couple of weeks via capsules (Maeng-Di). I noticed my constipation issues getting worse. By mid-October I was in the ER with partial bowel obstruction. I was hospitalized for almost 2 weeks in 2 hospitals with "a colon full of stool" and a "bladder full of infection". CT scans showed MASSIVE amounts of trapped stool in my upper left side. First time ever I've had this severe episode. Doctors said this had been building up over time. Kratom? Idaknow, but I'm suspicious.

Just be careful, especially if you have GI issues. :eek:

That's a pretty shitty situation man. Were you not going everyday? How long were you constipated for?