• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom use

closeau

Bluelighter
Hi. I know for many of you this thread is elementary but when I search Kratom I get weird stuff so I'm creating my own thread. I've never done it before until an hr ago. I told dude at store I need strong stuff and took it and don't feel anything. Shoulda started this thread before I did it but just figured out how to start one. My questions are basic. Keeping in mind my opiate tolerance is high, how much to take, when to take it. Getting ready to take an oxy ir so maybe that will kick it in. I'm not sure what I was expecting but lots of people seem to like it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Well I took 3G and it might be placebo but I feel super relaxed and very slight euphoria. I've seen people on here takin 10g and maybe that's great my my capsules are only .5g so I would have to take a shitload for that and I can't afford that. That shit was expensive. Don't have the bag in front of me so don't know the strain but the dude said it was the strongest they had. Anyway, still waiting on tips. Don't know how I put this in a homeless thread. I'm not homeless. I just can't navigate this website. Goodnight and be safe!

OK, so basic kratom knowledge...as said before, do not buy from headshops, buy from reputable dealers online. Lower dosages (2-5g) will be more energizing while higher dosages (5g+) will be more sedating. Capsules are usually a waste of time IMO, i like the toss and wash method even though it tastes gross, you get over it eventually. Also, you probably wont feel very much if you had a high oxy tolerance. You'll most likely still get results, but not quite like someone like myself who has almost no opiate/opioid tolerance.

My advice, since oxy tends to have its own stimulating properties and im assuming youre substituting kratom for oxy (which is great), look for a maeng da strain, and buy maybe a couple ounces to figure out your sweet spot for it, and please do respect this plant. It doesnt mix well with some other drugs so do your research, and it is addictive.

Have a look at one of our Kratom megathreads:
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/670664-The-Kratom-Mega-Thread-v3

I wouldn't purchase kratom from a head shop. It's hard to find good quality and overpriced. Instead find a reputable vendor.
Homeless ------- > BDD

This^ if you find that you enjoy kratom buy online and buy in bulk. I generally order at least 500 grams which comes out to be about $3-4 per dose. I need around 12-14 grams to get a high from it but I also have a opiate tolerance and I'm a kratom addict.

Capsules work fine if you can't handle the taste. I use "000" capsules and can fit around 7 grams in 8-9 of them.

I'm moving this to other drugs. The moderators there can just merge it with the Kratom mega thread that was linked above.

If you have a high opiate tolerance you're going to need to dose a lot more kratom than that. I don't personally have much experience with kratom, but I know that dosage is nowhere near enough for someone with a high tolerance.

As has already been said, head shop kratom is most likely shit and overpriced. Order some online. Try different types and find what you like best.

I hear y'all. I did get it from a headship and it was overpriced and capsules. Head high, what's the toss and wash method? My tolerance I would say for opiates is medium. I can take 30mg of oxy and be fine. How do I know if an online vendor is reputable? The stuff I did get was mau haung or whatever. Took 3G this morning with my oxy. I feel pretty energetic. Maybe it's because my Kratom tolerance is low. What if I buy powder online, wtf do I do with it. Just swallow it? I'm sorry for my lack of knowelage and I prob should have researched it more but got a wild hair up my ass. I'm on Latuda and Lithium for bipolar. But it doesn't seem to effect me. I was real chill last night and slept great. Yeah, main question is which online vendors are good cause I found many researching last night. I won't take any more than 3G cause I don't wanna be sedated and I wanna make um last since they were pricey but will def but online once I hear from you guys. How much should I buy? I doubt I go over 3G dose, maybe 4 or 5. Thanks to all of you!

I've been thinking, uh oh!! I looked at some Kratom powders and I almost bought some even though it was pretty expensive for mo haung. Then I stopped and was like, I don't wanna become dependent on another substance. I also got to go to my pain clinic in 2 weeks and pee and I read it's not detectable their uranaysis is very thou rough and I don't wanna risk losing my pm for freaking Kratom. So I'm gonna take this shit I got next few days and that's it. But, for future reference, what's a good online vendor? I forgot the one I was on but it be good to know if I ever gotta start taking it. Thanks

Personally I use Borneo/ Bali Red Vein Kratom. It's supposed to be the most similar to a relaxing, euphoric opiate nod.

I have a mild tolerance and didn't feel much at all from a 5g dosage (self made capsules). Moved up to 10gs and I get kind of a little buzzed although i'm not sure. It's one of the most popular Kratom vendors and NOT a headshop.
Maybe my Opiate tolerance (codeine, Dihydro, Tramadol) has some part to play I'm not sure.

Don't forget - if you use the powder longer and you "dirty go" to the toilett. Will be very difficult.
Because of that i used later xylitol after the session so the dirt can come quickly out.

Greetings

But, for future reference, what's a good online vendor? I forgot the one I was on but it be good to know if I ever gotta start taking it. Thanks

Are we allowed to provide sources for legal stuff here - like kratom? I've got my two go-to online vendors, just don't want to break the rules (imagine that!)

No, it is not allowed, because this is an international board and Kratom is not legal worldwide. The corner case when it is allowed is, that someone was hurt/killed by a substance. Then the source can be revealed for harm reduction reasons.

Kratom beginners should dose 3g (~8g with high opioid tolerance) on empty stomach and flush it down with Orange Juice (100% fruit content). In that way it is guaranteed, that you feel effects.

The toss and wash method that i use is taking your powder and pouring it into a half-filled bottle of water, shaking the bottle, and downing it in as few gulps as i can.
Also, to figure out if a vendor is reputable, go into google and type "reputable kratom vendors" and see what people are saying.

Thanks Head High. I took 5g with the wash tech but I did it a little different. I dumped each capsule into a cup and downed that and chased it with some OJ. I took my oxy and Opana on schedule and it was a bad idea. I'm so freaking naucous. I was so hungry before now I'm not. Just took some hydroxizine and hopefully that will calm me down and take nausea away. I don't think Kratom is for me but if I ever got into a jam at pain clinic and couldn't get my pills I'll def hit it up. I got greedy and wanted some euphoria but paying for it now. Thanks again for your help.