• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Kratom to Replace Norco (Hydrocodone)?

mrmarkvile

Greenlighter
I'm asking how much Kratom (how many grams, how often, etc) I will need to substitute for the Norcos I have been taking, both to prevent any withdrawal and for the pain killing effects? And do I need any specific strain I need?
I currently take a norco 10/325 five times a day.

Start with three or four grams and then adjust from there. Too much kratom is very uncomfortable, so dose low and work your way up. There are lots of experience reports in our Trip Report forum and on erowid.

Although everyone is different, I would recommend red vein bali or indo for the strain. As Toothpastedog said, I'd start with 3 - 5 grams. My sweet spot is 4.

Kratom has a strange curving effect when going to higher doses where I find you start to lose euphoria and painkilling properties. I found that curve to be anything over 5 grams of Bali. Smaller doses (find "less is more" posts) tend to be more euphoric and energetic, like Hydrocodone at lower doses will be.

I've found Red Bali and Red Kali have the best analgesic effects although I only have slight pain in my hand from the fourth and fifth metacarpals healing out of socket. White Borneo, Green Kali and Green Kapua strains feel more energetic than analgesic. Maeng Da is a solid all around strain and might help your pain quite well too. I don't use Kratom for pain as mine is usually mild enough to bare but I hope you find relief with the right strain. Start with 3-4 grams and adjust as needed.

IME I've always gone with the plain red vein/commercial grade Bali, and to me I've found it to be the most opiate-like. I've tried a dozen strains and veins and Bali has always emerged as my favorite for what I'm looking for (opiate-like euphoria/pain relief). Bali is normally the least expensive as well, which is awesome. In all the forums and reports I've read, it seems Maeng Da is the more popular and pricey strain, but I've never been fond of it at all. Too speedy and not very euphoric, for me anyway.

You may need large doses initially to prevent any wd symptoms but I agree that small doses work a lot better. My kratom habit is currently out of control and I really dont feel much off it taking such large doses. But when I was taking small doses, Id get a mice warm glow plus great pain relief from it. I like kratom more than opiates. If I could choose a lifetime supply of kratom vs a lifetime supply of pure pharma heroin/morphine I'd choose the kratom without a second thought.

Thanks for the help, everyone. I have ordered 50g of the Red Bali. Will try with a starting dose of 4g.

50g was a sample order to make sure it works for me. If it does I will place a much larger order.