• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom taper for Heroin withdrawal. How does it sound?

Chris42393

Bluelighter
Unfortunately, I wasn't strong enough to go "cold turkey" with my Heroin withdrawal... I ended up taking 5.5mg of Kratom. I feel so freaking bad... Like im not strong enough or something (maybe its just my emotions because of the WD?). I figured I'd do my best to taper the kratom (which ill be taking throughout my H withdrawal period) over these upcoming 5 days or so. I'm hoping by the end of the day on the 20th all the symptoms will be gone (or at least the worst ones).

Here is my taper plan for Kratom. How does it sound?

5.5g x3's daily (today)
4.5g x3's daily - 4/17/19
3.5g x2's daily - 4/18/19
2.5g x2's daily - 4/19/19
1.5g 1x daily - 4/20/19
1.0g 1x daily -4/21/19 (MAYBE. I want 4/20/19 to be my last day)

Last edited:
I think you mean g (grams) instead of mg (milligrams) as kratom isn't active in the milligram but gram range afaik :)

If Kratom works for you, stick with it. There are plenty of stories of folks successful using Kratom to taper. I have never been in your shoes, but people use it for tapering off. It will be work, but put the work in.
I agree, you must mean grams. Give it a bit more time to taper.

That's a pretty quick taper but it will definitely help with the withdrawals. You shouldn't feel weak for not being able to cold turkey heroin, it's a brutal process and there's no shame in tapering.

Good on you for taking the time and effort to get clean.

That's a pretty quick taper but it will definitely help with the withdrawals. You shouldn't feel weak for not being able to cold turkey heroin, it's a brutal process and there's no shame in tapering.

Good on you for taking the time and effort to get clean.
Thanks for the reply Falsified. Do you think the taper should be longer? Any suggestions on how I should do it?

Last edited:
You can make it as long or short as you want to, the shorter you make it the more pain you'll deal with while coming off. The upside is that if you just want to be done with it quickly and can't CT then rapid tapering is the way to go.

It sounds like you want this to be over with quickly and a longer taper might just leave you with more temptation to use. A taper like the one you have planned will not make the process painless but it will be quick and not nearly as brutal as a full on CT kick.

I can't say for sure what's best for you or how bad your withdrawals will be. Good luck, I hope you're able to stay clean and keep improving your quality of life after this.

You're absolutely right about wanting it to be done quickly lol. I don't mind having some WD symptoms, but as long as its not as bad as the CT way, ill be okay. Just so that I can function throughout the day.

Thanks for the input! :)