• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Kratom PWds Subs

EastCoast

Bluelighter
Hey guys question (quick answer please)

its been exactly 24 hours since last dose of dope 1:00 pmET , and this morning at around 10:30 Am (21 hours since dope), I began to feel uncomfortable, and had a dose of kratom , maybe 5-7 grams . And now feel better, but I know it won't last long supposedly with kratom, and finally was able to get my subs...

I'm usually well always good with taking subs (I always start with two or less mgs) at the 24 hour + mark with dope no matter my habitat but will the kratom cause PWDs... god would that suck... so by the time I take sub it will be 26 hours since last dose of heroin and 3-4 hours since kratom...

Hmm. I honestly can't say - even though I'm an experienced Heroin user (clean 9 months) and current Kratom user.
The way precipitated withdrawal works is that first, the must be some form of activation of your endorphin receptors happening,
let's say in the form of being high on Heroin. Also, I believe you would need to have an actual, discernable tolerance to it, to be at risk.

When you introduce an opioid antagonist into your system, that antagonist will knock the molecules responsible for the high,
off your receptors, effectively blocking the receptors without activating them. They're like chemical bullies - saying "move bitch, I'm sitting here"
without being useful in the sense of activation of the receptor. Just blocking.
So - if you imagine what you feel like with the Kratom activating your receptors - which as I understand it, is not very heavy activation - I would imagine
you could potentially feel the drop from Kratom activation to zero - quickly. So I would be careful. It wouldn't be as bad as Heroin PWD, but still.

I've had withdrawals precipitated from Heroin (a 2g/day habit) by Suboxone, and I will NEVER forget that - absolutely the worst 3 days of my life, at the time.
Ground-breakingly horrible.

So please be careful. But remember that Kratom is quite mild, so if it did PWDs, it would not be at the magnitude of PWD from Heroin.

Understandable... and makes sense ... I've been waiting thanks to adderal and alcohol , but I feel okaaayyy still and now it's been 36 hours no dope , about 11 hours just about 12 hours no kratom ... well I'm dosing 2-4 mgs as we speak so I guess I'll be the real trial and error for us habitual users...

and btw I've had PWD from heroin ... NO WAY , WILL I RISK THAT AGAIN ! I used to be goood with 14-18 hours after heroin use cuz I would be Sick! But one day randomly just like the others , I felt the same too, and BAM.... never ever again ... I always now wait 22-25 hours . U would think after that I'd always wait 26+ but I figured since really 14 being sick didn't put me in PWD... I doubt 22 will (at least if I'm feeling it )

But I was feeling it the one time I entered PWD at 16-18 hours (I forget), fucking horrible man, LIKE ! HoRIBbLe! I wish it upon nobody at all; except pedophiles....

I feel you! It really is an inescapable torture!

Lol pedophiles.. Funny you should mention that as a method of torture - I once heard, from an Army Special Forces guy I went to rehab with, that he had come across some really gnarly sex-trafficking dudes in Afghanistan, who would purposely slam Heroin into the veins of new and unsuspecting younger females - prospective prostitutes.. They would get them addicted and eventually wanting it - and when they became useless to the dudes or if they misbehaved or something, they would lock them up in a room and let them just kick, with no help. Ughhhh... That's just fucking evil.. Especially considering they were probably using some very pure stuff, based on location alone.

Anyway, I'm glad you're on top of your shit. If you don't mind my asking, what strain of Kratom are you using?