• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids kratom/poppy tea to 8 mgs Subutex?

belfort

Bluelighter
i have a friend in another country, he had a kratom habit, 35 grams daily and he tapered a little but started drinking poppy Tea 1-2 daily to feel ok to function..he ended up feeling worse and tried kicking the tea/kratom numerous times but couldnt..his doctors put him on 8 mg of Subutex to get him off kratom/tea and keep him maintained for a while..now to me, this sounds like a terrible decision by the doctors, you put a kratom/tea addict on 8 mg Sub?!this same person who couldnt quit kratom is going to face absolute hell when he kicks subutex right? i mean, even with a taper ive heard sbutex wds are very rough..

any advice here?i told my buddy its a bad move but he was hopeless..i told him to have plans set already to not stay on it longer 2-3 months before tapering..everyone agree with me or no?

ive never taken subutex/subuxone but i have heard oxy/heroin addicts get on 4 mgs and feel a decent high, much improved energy, motivation, well being etc etc..8 mgs would probably have the hardest opiate addict up and running like a normal person in no time, right?

Oxy/heroin addicts do not "get a decent high" from any suboxone Amt. -seems reasonable to do subs. It's not like they are a bad thing. Better than most drugs healthwise

Yeah normally a rapid sub taper is the way to go. If he ends up on it for a long time, he should try to maintain his daily dose a lot lower than 8mg. The symptoms of sub wd aren't worse than full agonist opioids, they just last 3-4x longer.
He could always switch back to a short acting full agonist, and taper off that,

Idk, I think a quick sub taper might be a good idea, even though I've never been on subs. When I quit my heavy kratom/lighter PST habit, I got hydrocodone for 3 days and then CT'd. It still sucked but it was a LOT easier, and I haven't been addicted since. PST withdrawal is shitty and drawn out but the worst of it is really in the first few days ime. Kratom WD is doable but PST WD can be a special kind of awful because it's so fucking painful at first. I CT'd kratom multiple times but could never do it with tea. It's too bad that doctors don't prescribe milder opiates for the purpose of tapering because hydrocodone worked really well for me and I had too much of a tolerance to get any high from it, it didn't even fully take care of WDs, but it made them much easier to stand.

Imo 8mg is overkill
He should start as low as possible or his tolerance will increase and withdrawal will get worse