• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom, please help!

Jshepherd36

Greenlighter
Hello guys I'm new to bluelight, I have read and viewed the site for the past 2 years. This place and its members have been a godsent over and over again for information for harm reduction. I have been meaning to join multiple times over the past 2 years but being a husband, father and working a full time job I often forget to do many small things. The main reason for not joining is my wife is was previously unaware of my opitate adiction. I have quit several times last for a few days to a couple weeks. I had finally made her aware of my battle and the burden I've tried to bare on my own for fear of her leaving me. I am 100% ready to make a change be it suboxone therapy or kratom. I have used suboxone at times and it works well however I have never signed up on an actual program for the reason that where I live there's such a bad stigma surrounding opiates and even the people who has joined clinics. I do know that suboxone and methadone are two of the harder drugs to come off of. I believe that the privacy I can have with Kratom combined with the successful results I've read would make it ideal. Plus it appears it would be much cheaper then a suboxone/methadone clinic which is about $300.00 not counting the prescription itself! However the more I read about kratom the more I feel like I do not know. Seeing as time is running low to make My final decision on what strain, what type of extract process/leaf, amount needed, or any last minute suggestions for a better route. I have a decently high opiate tolerance of about 60-90mgs of oxy. I however can make do on as little as 30mg of hydro spread throughout the day. Thanks guys for taking time to read and reply. I apologize if I have posted in the wrong place, have broken any rules (I did read the rules), or if you felt I should search more. I've just searched so much that the info is kind of running together and being that I'd like to make a decision ASAP, I'd feel more comfortable with some more direct responses.

I've been using kratom for a while now to come off of 80mg oxy a day. I know it's not a big habit but it sucked for sure. So far kratom has been expensive for me but I don't manage doses well. While on kratom (maeng da is the shit) I don't crave oxy so I would say it had worked for me.

I also cut off my supply to oxy so that has helped a ton too. Something about knowing you can't get it anymore eases the withdrawal pain.

I was in a very similar situation as you. Father, husband, full time job and about 50mg of oxy a day habit for about a year. My wife also was not aware of my addiction. I decided against subs and methadone as I felt they are overkill for habit of my size. I tapered down with hydrocodone until I was fine on 5mg a day then stopped. Withdrawal was very minor. 1 day of diarrhea, cold feet for few days and mild depression for about a week. Slept like a baby and did not have RLS. You don't have a huge habit so withdrawal should not be too intense. I personally didn't even take a day off work. Not to say that going to work didn't suck. What helped me was spending time with my kid. She did not allow me any down time and I didn't have time to concentrate on feeling down. Just taper to smallest amount possible and jump off. What also really helped me was cutting off the supply. Once you can't get it anymore, there's no way back. Good luck to you.

I've been using kratom for a while now to come off of 80mg oxy a day. I know it's not a big habit but it sucked for sure. So far kratom has been expensive for me but I don't manage doses well. While on kratom (maeng da is the shit) I don't crave oxy so I would say it had worked for me.

I also cut off my supply to oxy so that has helped a ton too. Something about knowing you can't get it anymore eases the withdrawal pain.

U should buy kratom from wholesalers.. So cal herbel remedies is great That's what I do, I only spend $10 a week..

I'm in a similar position, I had been shooting black tar heroin and methamphetamine for two and a half years straight, at least 4x day. However I recently found out that my dad has stage four lung cancer so my mom invited me back to spend time with him while hes still ticking. However I no longer have a state issued ID, or a social security card, and could not therefore get a suboxone prescription (until my new social security card comes, which willl allow me to get a new ID). The first four days I went completely cold turkey. I took maybe four tramadols which did nothing for my withdrawals. on the fifth day, I remembered reading about kratom on these forums and went to a local head shop that ordered their kratom from a relatively reputable vendor. I bought the Maeng Dae strain as I heard it was the strongest, was told to first consume a green vegetable and then chase down the capsules with water. my receptors were so depleted I actually caught a nice little body buzz that first time off 5g's though it was short lived. The last few days I upped my dose to about 8-10g. DO i get relief from withdrawals? YES. Do I feel the euphoria I hear about from some users, not exactly but I have noticed a mood enhancing property and a slight stimulant effect as well, which then kind of turn into a sedative/pain relieving effect where I want to smoke ciggarettes and I almost get that yawning in my ears that I love so much from strong opiates. I also appear to look stoned though I would not use such a strong word to describe the effects I feel.

In conclusion kratom (as long as its not bunk) does work for alleviating withdrawals and I can imagine using it as a maintenance drug if bupe or methadone weren't an option (though I'd still much prefer to finally get my buprenorphine script). I will say this, I feel 10g of Maeng dae kratom far more then i feel 15mg of oxycodone. I wonder if upped my dose to 15g or 20g if I'd get more a more noticable high though.

check ebay, you can get bulk for cheap, kratom isnt that great but its economical and you can get large quantities legally giving you economies of scale, it does work i get green meang da, just buy it by the key / pound if you can after you find a vendor with a product at the price you like. might cause a little stomach discomfort but you will survive.

I wish I knew about kratom when I was strung out on heroin..fuck methadone..

Being new to a forum as a member I apologize for not being able to quote and rely directly to each of you as I like. That's coupled by the fact that wow I feel like I'd have to thank almost every person who hs posted so ft because you each have contributed much needed info, a lot of what I needed was to verify my thoughts and feelings towards my decision as well as some finer details you all have provided.

I have actually quite before and as stupid as it sounds there's a "relaxation shot" called "k chill" similar to "viva zen" I was wonderfully sober for about 2-3 weeks with not side effects. Like you all had suggested I had reduced my dose by swapping from my preferred drug of 1-3 roxicodone 30s down to 1-3 percs and finally down to 1-2 norcos and finally stopping. My dumbass decided to "reward" myself with a couple k chill shots (debatable if it's kratom or not but deff an herbal opiate). Well after reward day, I couldn't sleep a wink for 4 days straight, I finally gave in and went and got a roxi -30 and done half, bout puked and this started my habit again. This was around Christmas.

I now know that rewarding myself isn't smart esp when I couldn't acquire a legal "k chill" shot or anything else to make sure to taper properly. Turning to illegal routes, I can effectively taper but I havnt been able to because supply is so hit and miss. Like this past week, I prefer any smaller short half life opiate like norco or perc, but a few and taper. However all this past week, all I can find is Opana 40s! I'm not paying the 90 bones they demand for those here nor is it possible for me to break the pill down enough to taper lol I've got lucky and come across a few methdomes 10s, which I can make do with half-1 a day til I get the kratom. I don't have to enough to taper and supply being a problem I don't want to risk having to go with a roxi 30 and "trust" mysef to only use a 1/4 a day just because I can't find anything smaller. I feel like a puss because I should just quit with where I'm at, but I do suffer from a mild degree of bipolar/ depression. Being in such a sensitive state, I can't afford to knowingly allow myself succeptable for to fall into an extreme depression, which WD removed, it can make me stay in bed all day for days, if schedule/ responsibilities allows. I have a lot to do accomplish so I can't afford to not be "100%" or close to for my wife and daughter. I had thought I was invincible, had tried about every drug including opitate sand thought I couldn't become addicted. Boy was I wrong, nor did I understand that the week or 2 week WD wasn't what was hard to overcome. The lack of production of dopamine, seratonin, and othe chemicals is much worse...esp which having depression and mild bipolar.

I believe the safest route, due to needing to make sure I remain mentally stable and positive, is for me to get enough kratom to have on hand to taper, if I decide to reward myself, to taper off again, so I have a consistent supply and a legal one at that. If kratom works for me it will allow me to never have to deal with any of the other drugs or people ever again. I'll then have the freedom that I've never had due to the inconsistency in supply and inability to maintain a taper plan. Plus let's be honest I enjoy it, I don't agree with SSRI's to treat depression, I found opiates as a substitute for those and a cure, but that also caused my fall from grace and wasn't the best choice.

Another question seeing as it is legal, are we allowed to discuss sources for it? I would like to make a big order, kind of a one and done, and not get screwed by quality. I have a few places I've found that has shown me how cheap it can be while seeing others that are not so cheap.

The maeng da does seem like what most has reccomened as the best for opiate lovers/WD. I mysef didn't care a lot for the nod with oxy, don't get me wrong I do at times, but it has its place. Which seeing as I have a family and a 4 yr old, The nod has a very very limited place in my life. I preferred the euphoric/upper/stimulated buzz from oxy, I did have a bad wreck when I was younger, lots of broken bones and facial reconstruction, arthritis, etc so pain relief is very very nice! Would you all still suggest maeng da to be the best fit for my buzz preferences?

I have read that you will not fail drug tests either, correct? If it is in fact drug test safe, my wife deals with bad anxiety as well as nerve pain in her neck and shoulders due to bone spurs. However she doesn't enjoy being sedated, is there a strain that would fit for her? She like me doesn't agree with being prescribed SSRI's and benzos for life.

I don't have much experience with Kratom, as I just started taking it a few days ago, but I do have experience with the methadone clinic and suboxone therapy. I would strongly advise against methadone and suboxone. I have been stuck at the clinic for 10 years, recently started detoxing 5mg a week from 80mg. I have started using Kratom to fight off the awful withdrawals, and I do mean awful, and it seems to be working great. Now at 45mg, so I can't imagine what going under 20 will be like, but I am confident Kratom will fight off the withdrawal. So I would strongly recommend you skip this step entirely, avoid the clinics at all cost if possible, and detox from Oxys using kratom. Sounds like you have a good support system, that will help. Methadone will steal your soul, and make you numb to everything, and u will slowly loose interest in the outside world. My experience with suboxone was similar, although I wasn't as sedated as I was with methadone, and the withdrawal made me an emotional wreck. (This is just my personal experience with these medications, and maybe it works great for some people) hope this helps!

I don't have much experience with Kratom, as I just started taking it a few days ago, but I do have experience with the methadone clinic and suboxone therapy. I would strongly advise against methadone and suboxone. I have been stuck at the clinic for 10 years, recently started detoxing 5mg a week from 80mg. I have started using Kratom to fight off the awful withdrawals, and I do mean awful, and it seems to be working great. Now at 45mg, so I can't imagine what going under 20 will be like, but I am confident Kratom will fight off the withdrawal. So I would strongly recommend you skip this step entirely, avoid the clinics at all cost if possible, and detox from Oxys using kratom. Sounds like you have a good support system, that will help. Methadone will steal your soul, and make you numb to everything, and u will slowly loose interest in the outside world. My experience with suboxone was similar, although I wasn't as sedated as I was with methadone, and the withdrawal made me an emotional wreck. (This is just my personal experience with these medications, and maybe it works great for some people) hope this helps!

Yeah and when u get off methadone you will feel months of lethargy, anxiety, anhedonia and a sex drive that is gone..even after 16 months of being off dome of these withdrawal symptoms remained!

:\ My experience with Kratom was brief, but I felt it had potential to at least "lift mood" if I could have continued use.

My story is far too complicated, so I'll try to summarize. I'm looking for chronic pain relief, after decades of avoiding pain meds beyond Darvocet. YES, I NEED relief, but without sedation!

As shepherd said, I have to be 100% cognitively, with vast responsibilities of career, extended family, and oversight of 90 yr. old mom's care. I run on auto pilot until I crash and burn...rinse, repeat.

Trials since early 2014, through PM physician, of MS Contin, Fentanyl patches, Oxycodone IR, I'm left with basically the Oxy. I don't like it because it doesn't relieve pain (for me) leaving rebound pain and frustration even worse. Last June, I think, I read about Kratom here on BL. I ordered some capsules of Maeng Dai 600 mg, and took up to 5 per day for a week. I didn't really feel pain relief, but was impressed with the mental "lift" it gave me. One of my darling Dalmatians died suddenly in July, which would have devastated me, as in mental breakdown. I truly believe the Kratom kept me stable to endure the loss.

Again, like shepherd, I SUFFER with horrid depression (mine is intensified by 24/7 pain). I can certainly see where the Oxy could offer me "stimulation" to get things done and be less sad. BUT...I also can see where that road would lead, so I resist.

Back to Kratom...I truly believe it could help me (and you) if I could get past my GI issues. My gut is filled with residual stage 4 disease, and adhesions caused by multiple surgeries to remove disease. My bowels and bladder are choked (without opiates or Kratom). I can't blame Kratom for this, but I question if it caused a partial bowel obstruction for which I was hospitalized (for 6 days).

gmlifer...Dumb question, so forgive me...Is Kratom considered a fiber? If so, is it a water soluble fiber or does it bind up like a "hay turd" in your intestine?

Sorry so long, scattered, and batshit crazy with my post. Kudos, shepherd for stopping opiates for the betterment of yourself and your family. I definitely recommend Kratom sans constipation issues. Caution, though, as I've read it can also be addictive. Start low and slow until you find the amount that works for you. I don't believe we can post sources, but I would be happy to share the site I used through private message, if that's allowed.

BTW...I am in desperate need of any suggestions/support, as I've reached a depth of hopelessness. "The only time I feel pain is in the sunshine or the rain". Yep, my life would make a great country song, though country isn't my jam. Seriously, I could use HELP that the medical profession has failed to provide.

Not sure if it's considered a fiber or not, I would assume it is, but definitely no binding. I'm sure you already drink plenty of water so I wouldn't worry a bit about constipation.

As far as constipation goes, every opiate that I've used has caused constipation. This is more information then I'd like to give about the situation but seeing as constipation is a known problem with opiates, I'll bear the embarrassment of providing the solution.

My wife is an RN, so as an RN one of her jobs is to wipe shit and even "dig shit out of patients asses when they become empacted" I had noticed I would go a couple days without shitting, for me that was very strange because I would shit about 3 huge loads everyday of my life and was never on the toilet for me then 2 mins. Being that I'm of the thought that being constipated can't be good at all for you and what goes in must go out I knew I had to find a solution if my opiate habit was to continue. (I feel like an obstruction could lead to cancer or a colostomy bag, neither of which I was going to let happen,esp being that I'm 27, I'm a good looking guy with a Beautiful wife and daughter, the thought of either scares me to death) As you all said you must force yourself to drink water, I suggest keeping cases of bottled water at room temperature because it is easier to chug down a bottle up to 3 bottle in under 10 mins when you feel esp parched and constipated.

As for the gross details and best solution, if you havnt shit and have been eating well and you know for a fact that there's a load of shit that's empacted inside you then the best solution is to "pull it out". Most of the time with in the first half inch you'll feel the biggest hard ball of shit, and it become clear as to why this is necessary. Opiates I feel "dries" out your intestines, you'll know what I mean because when you go to "pull it out" you'll notice how dry everything is in there and quickly realize well no wonder a big ball of shit hasn't worked its way out yet, it's often so dry that it's like the bowel walls are auctions to that ball of shit, praying for a drop of liquid so it can finish "digestion". Now in some cases you may not "feel" anything in there, but you know your constipated, you feel like you have a basketball in your stomach or somewhere in you intestines. As a guy, in our anus is our prostate, which is also considered "the male G-spot" if you reach in there and massage/put pressure in this area, you'll notice right off that it gives you the urge to shit. If you keep preasure or massging this area, that "load of shit" you feel in you pelvis just after your stomach will all come out on its own, with out having to "pull" anything out. I know this is terribly gross but for those of you that can't shit and havnt in sometime, I assure you after you do this, and you empty all that out of your body for the first time in forever. You feel less sluggish, you feel lighter, you feel better, it's weird but like I said, packing around 2 lbs of shit and your body trying its "ass" off to push that shit out with your intestines as dry as a desert has got to be draining your body. I only assume the spot I'm talking about is the prostate, I refer to it now (just to myself in my own mind) as literally "the shit button" because idc how bad constipated you are, if you "press" it for a little while, you will shit, period! If you're sitting on the toilet, I put my hand in thru between my legs, going under my testicles, when you go "inside" your anus, "the shit button" is located about 1-3 inches inside, the area you'll be "pressing" will be the area towards your testicles. (Roughly The same area in a girls vagina where her G spot is located) Just as with females, lube or spit helps a lot, remember that, because as I said it's very very dry due to the opiates, "the button" does seems to start to lubricate things around the same time that the obstruction starts to move it starts to come out.

Sooo yea that's really embarrassing but it's much less "embarrassing" then having to go pay a nurse or doctor to do the same or that shit remaining there for too long over several years resulting in cancer or a colostomy bag

My Experience with Kratom

Kratom DEFINITELY helped me with WD from Percs. I'm still dabbling with what strains work best for me and got one from a vetted vendor on the FB Kratom page called Yellow Brick Road. Don't have enough experience yet to say what would work for others but one thing I've heard for sure is to buy from a reputable vendor and not headshop stuff. Cheaper and much better quality. Unfortunately I'm back on the Percs but will be out soon. So I'm praying the Kratom will help again.

Regarding constipation I use Miralax and a daily stool softener when on Percs and that really helps. Def not as much constipation with Kratom.

Last edited:
I'm really curious how well kratom works for people that take it for clinical depression..?i mean, how often would you use it?

Using OxyContin to feel more motivated or energized is doomed to fail..at first oxy motivates you but take it daily for a few months, u just get lazier and lazier..once u are well into an oxy habit u will probably need some type of stimulant to just get going..

You just confirmed my suspicions. Lately I don't really get that burst of energy from my Percs, need to take more and more frequently and make me tired within a couple hours. And apparently taking Kratom and opiates at the same time block them both from working. Any help here?