• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Megathread V.6

If you have a high opioid tolerance, it can take alot of kratom to feel effects. The alkaloids in kratom are much weaker than strong opioids. For example, I had a a friend that would take a whole ounce of good red vein kratom just to ease oxy withdrawal. No high whatsoever, he would just feel relief of the withdrawal symptoms for a little while.

Yeah man that's very true. I had to take almost 30 grams of Red Bali on one sitting to calm my withdrawal a bit.

How often could be kratom used managing to avoid tolerance and dependence?
I imagine previous opioids naivety or abuse will play a role, but curious to hear of people who managed not getting tolerant and their schedule and dosages.

So I took some kratom this morning from a bag thats 5 years old and it hit me just as strong as fresh kratom would.
This tells me kratom has a very long shelf-life, it might even be up to 10 years or so

Depending on humidity, temp, UV, containment (less oxidation and no moisture is good) and many other factors will depend on the stability of the substance in my experience.

How long until you guys become fully tolerant from a daily kratom habit??
(assuming you use an average of 20 grams per day)

For me its about 3 months and then I have stop and reset

How long until you guys become fully tolerant from a daily kratom habit??
(assuming you use an average of 20 grams per day)

For me its about 3 months and then I have stop and reset

How many days do you have to reset? Withdrawal is very difficult?

And what strain of kratom are you taking?

So I took some kratom this morning from a bag thats 5 years old and it hit me just as strong as fresh kratom would.
This tells me kratom has a very long shelf-life, it might even be up to 10 years or so
Yeah I had some in a loose bag just in a closet since 2008 the bali I had to grind and it was as strong as when I got it. 13 year later. I suspect that it would last decades or even centuries. It is very stable.

No high whatsoever, he would just feel relief of the withdrawal symptoms for a little while
This is about all we can expect from kratom. Unless we treat it as any other drug and just dose til we OD. lol
Kratom was key in easing WDs for me and this in turn provided the wherewithal to get out and sweat my ass off to further expel toxins and put my head in a better place. Works every freakin time.
The high I get is not being in withdrawals.

Yeah I had some in a loose bag just in a closet since 2008 the bali I had to grind and it was as strong as when I got it. 13 year later. I suspect that it would last decades or even centuries. It is very stable.
Holy shit!! Since 2008???!!!

That is impressive

Damme !! It do cure abstinence for little than ten minutes for me! But I think it was the strain

And in another few years I will try the 2008 stuff again. But yeah I was always under the impression that anything that can be boiled and stay active is pretty stable. I could be wrong. But if heat does not break it down that leaves moisture and oxygen. The lose bag I had it in no way proteted oxidation. Moisture yes. It was dry.

I had heard some theories that kratom gets a little stronger in the pain killing effect over time and less stimulating. But has been total speculation. But I have not heard that kratom loses potency over time ever.

@supersonic89 kratom for sure will help with opiate withdrawal. Lighter ones anyway. It has the ability to fix you right up. Strains to me don't matter. The same strain from different batches can be totally different. And I have had stimulating reds and sedating greens. I do lean towards reds. My favorite these last few years has been a red benguangie.

But as far as kratom helping stubborn close minded addicts not so much. I have a few people I knew that thought they could substitite it for their heavy heroin or oxy addiction and they did not find it strong enough for them. Others know how to use it. It is a tool in the tool chest with a lot of other tools. It does not cure nor does it do the work. It helps a person get a leg up if they want to quit opiates. In my situation I used kratom before relapsing on anything heavier and it has worked for me. I can deal with the mild but helpful pain relief.

I have 3 ounces of kratom on the way. Is it possible to brew it in a coffeemaker. I did read about doing a stove boil but I'd probably mess that up. Just curious. Cheers

Just downed half a sample bag of Ruby Red Thai in a crude tea 30 minutes ago. I can feel it but am wondering if there's a plateau. Hopefully I'm not naturally immuned to kratom. I haven't had opiates or opioids in a few years. I do have a naturally (maybe genetically) high tolerance to pharmaceutical opiates/opioids though. Don't get me wrong. It's better than I thought it was going to be. Plus I still have 3 ounces of Red Maeng Da with a white strain blend to test out. Alright I'm noticing it more. It goes in waves

I can feel it but am wondering if there's a plateau.
IME there will be a ceiling of sorts and once past that it becomes uncomfortable for lack of a better word.
Got like 5gs left and gotta let it go... so sad. :confused: We will reunite at some point.
Another sweet leaf

Thanks. I made another cup of tea and drank the remainder of the sample. I wonder if that was pointless or if it'll still work to give me a boost. Edit: It definitely did. It feels quite a bit like mate or coffee. I can see how frequent redosing could be unpleasant though. Kratom gets my approval. Second edit: Alright. I dig this Maeng Da and white strain (don't have the name on hand) blend. It's very calming to me

Last edited:
I wouldn't call it ODing. But overdoing kratom is pretty unpleasant. I'm experiencing the tail end of that right now. At first I felt incredibly floaty and like I could fall asleep. Then the feeling felt cerebral. Like being aware of my face. Then feeling like you do after ingesting psychedelic plant material; uneasy like you might throw up but with nothing to throw up. I like kratom but it is kind of unpredictable (for me). It's good when you find a dose that works. I did as well. Then the second attempt didn't turn out well. This may have to do with me. I don't get sick or nauseated unless it's some kind of plant or fungi being consumed. Like I said kratom is good and I'll keep using it

Somehow I didn't hit overdose territory and I'm using loads of leaves, currently tapering off morphine with aid of kratom. Did 3g of 20x extract (so theoretically 60g leaves) within 24h and got nothing but a nice high which felt like there was a ceiling effect like buprenorphine for example. But I react abnormally to some stuff anyways.

The bad thing is that kratom contains D2 and 5HT antagonists which make you feel dysphoric. Extract is better, but the parcel with the good stuff disappeared (was a domestic vendor!! The delivery guy just signed with my initiales and took the parcel. Case is open.)

For what it's worth, I don;t see kratom being addictive in the sense of morphine. Maybe it's just cause of partial cross tolerance but I can take kratom for some days, then pregabalin + memantine and feel no withdrawal. Which made me relapse, since one can skip the misery a bit . Sigh.