• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Megathread V.6

medium to large doses of kratom cause hunger for me too. It's not the same as the craving sweets while on regular opioids, atleast to me it feels different. Instead I just feel incredibly hungry but eating does not fully satiate, instead I'm left feeling dissapointed and still hungry after eating. This is another reason why I stick to only low doses with kratom - less side effects.

medium to large doses of kratom cause hunger for me too. It's not the same as the craving sweets while on regular opioids, atleast to me it feels different. Instead I just feel incredibly hungry but eating does not fully satiate, instead I'm left feeling dissapointed and still hungry after eating. This is another reason why I stick to only low doses with kratom - less side effects.
Thank you for your reply. I only just started using it so I must be having larger doses. Can I ask what strength you take? I want to avoid these uncomfortable munchies as much as I can. Nothing would fill me up as you described.

^ Kratom is stimulant like so that would seem rare except maybe during the comedown

Someone just got Red Hulu for us, instead of Green Maeng Da because I said Red was the best.

Did I screw up? Because I did not realize they did not have Red Maeng Da, and I have read Red Hulu is very Rare, yet this was amazingly cheap

So did I get ripped off? I am not a Kratom expert, I am just basically out of opioids and using it for that

Or is Red always better than Green?

Someone please answer

Red is usually better than green if you're using it for opioid replacement. I almost always buy red vein anyway cause I think it has more mitragynine (it feels stronger to me).
I've tried red hulu before and it was pretty good IIRC. As long as it's from a reputable vendor it's gonna be good quality.

Thank you for your reply. I only just started using it so I must be having larger doses. Can I ask what strength you take? I want to avoid these uncomfortable munchies as much as I can. Nothing would fill me up as you described.

Im not sure what you mean by 'what strength' I take, I just take regular kratom powder. I can't really tell much difference between the various colors and strains, they all seem to affect me about the same. I also don't use any extracts. So just regular old kratom powder.

For me, I find doses around 1.5-2g to be perfect. I get a nice stimulating effect along with some very minor opioid like effects from this level of dosing and very little to no side effects. I also don't experience the hunger much at such low doses. Once I push things up to the 3-5g range I start to notice unwanted side effects, like that hunger, sweating, irritation, etc, and these side effects really become prominent and annoying above 7g for me.

This isnt so much an issue of low tolerance. I have a fairly long history of opioid abuse, so when I take opioids like oxycodone or whatever, I need fairly high doses when aiming for a recreational dose. Ive just found that i enjoy kratom in low doses regardoses.

The only problem about small 1.5-2g doses is that the effects can be quite mild, so if you're using it as an opioid replacement or as a painkiller, then such small doses may not be enough for you. Another downside to small doses is that the main effects seem to wear off fairly quickly, sometimes it feels like it only lasts 30-45 minutes then tapers off.

I really do prefer kratom in the low dose range. I seem to get more and better benefits out of it that way. The whole 'less is more' things really does seem to apply to me, but everyone is different so this won't necessarily apply to everyone.

Im not sure what you mean by 'what strength' I take, I just take regular kratom powder. I can't really tell much difference between the various colors and strains, they all seem to affect me about the same. I also don't use any extracts. So just regular old kratom powder.

For me, I find doses around 1.5-2g to be perfect. I get a nice stimulating effect along with some very minor opioid like effects from this level of dosing and very little to no side effects. I also don't experience the hunger much at such low doses. Once I push things up to the 3-5g range I start to notice unwanted side effects, like that hunger, sweating, irritation, etc, and these side effects really become prominent and annoying above 7g for me.

This isnt so much an issue of low tolerance. I have a fairly long history of opioid abuse, so when I take opioids like oxycodone or whatever, I need fairly high doses when aiming for a recreational dose. Ive just found that i enjoy kratom in low doses regardoses.

The only problem about small 1.5-2g doses is that the effects can be quite mild, so if you're using it as an opioid replacement or as a painkiller, then such small doses may not be enough for you. Another downside to small doses is that the main effects seem to wear off fairly quickly, sometimes it feels like it only lasts 30-45 minutes then tapers off.

I really do prefer kratom in the low dose range. I seem to get more and better benefits out of it that way. The whole 'less is more' things really does seem to apply to me, but everyone is different so this won't necessarily apply to everyone.
Thanks for your reply. I did mean what dose you take to clarify. I was taking a full teaspoon for first dose which I estimate to be around 3g and was giving me those effects of extreme hunger and irritability you mention. I did not like it but it did eventually calm down to a more sedating feeling.

Today I took half a teaspoon so half that dose and I feel better for it. That is interesting that it doesn't really matter how opiate dependent or tolerant you are compared to the kratom.

I just started kratom yesterday and found it made me really hungry. I have an overeating disorder so cannot have this. Has anyone else experienced it?
I seem to always feel the need for high protein flesh when I take kratom, makes me wonder if kratom leeches protein from the body or something as such.

EDIT: So my advice (atleast what I tend to do) is simply make sure I eat flesh before or after kratom.

Last edited:
That is interesting that it doesn't really matter how opiate dependent or tolerant you are compared to the kratom.

I should probably clarify. How opiate dependent/tolerant I am does matter compared to my dose of kratom. For example, if I'm using oxycodone heavily then want to switch to kratom, in order to stay out of withdrawals, then my regular small 1.5-2g dose would most definitely not be enough in that case.

I guess what I meant is this: I have a long history of opioid use, so if I want to use something out of the blue like oxycodone recreationally then I often need fairly big doses (probably some sort of perma tolerance, either physical and/or psychological). A small dose of oxycodone would be very dissapointing and probably just annoying whereas a small dose of kratom would work really nicely and a big dose would be full of nasty side effects. Hope that makes more sense.

Err... I'm going to Cali in about two months and while I'd love to play life on horror mode and kick soon.. can i bring kratom on an airplane without them tampering with it? lol.

I didn't get that effect at first, but I definitely crave very unhealthy food on kratom these days...
Yes it definitely happened to me from the first time so maybe I took too much. I have cut back from 1 teaspoon to half to see if that helps as I definitely don't want that side effect. To me it was as bad as the munchies from weed. Not that I smoke weed or anything any more. But also a bit different as it was real hunger like my hunger hormones were working overtime or something even though I had eaten more than enough.

Also I would like to add that with almost a week of twice daily use I am finding my chronic pain and weakness in my lower legs and knee pain is getting worse. I have found this though with taking other opiates (prescribed) regularly also which is odd. It seems to cause some problem which creates weakness and pain in the knee and also the muscles/nerves in the legs. Has anyone else experienced this? I had to take Lyrica last night to try to get comfortable enough to sleep. It's like they twitch and hurt all the time.

Last edited:
I have to take 5-10 grams, and the cheap stuff barely works. 40 grams for the same price as a quarter gram, you are better off with the 40 grams (capsules)

I would not mind trying an extract, however when I have too resort to Kratom, I do not feel like making an extract

Those websites (not darkner) that sell kratom from Asia and ship worldwide, are they reliable or scam?

Those websites (not darkner) that sell kratom from Asia and ship worldwide, are they reliable or scam?

Many of them are legit since kratom is completely legal in many countries, but I've never bought directly from Asia.
I guess you're referring to Indonesian vendors? They're usually legit as far as I know, but their quality and professionalism may vary. Try to find some reviews before ordering (you could probably find them on trustpilot, on the American kratom association website or even on reddit).

Many of them are legit since kratom is completely legal in many countries, but I've never bought directly from Asia.
I guess you're referring to Indonesian vendors? They're usually legit as far as I know, but their quality and professionalism may vary. Try to find some reviews before ordering (you could probably find them on trustpilot, on the American kratom association website or even on reddit).

Cool. I suppose the page/seller was real and it was much cheaper than buying it here in my country. Awesome.
But as you say, I will look for reviews before buying.
Thanks my good amigo.

I should probably clarify. How opiate dependent/tolerant I am does matter compared to my dose of kratom. For example, if I'm using oxycodone heavily then want to switch to kratom, in order to stay out of withdrawals, then my regular small 1.5-2g dose would most definitely not be enough in that case.

I guess what I meant is this: I have a long history of opioid use, so if I want to use something out of the blue like oxycodone recreationally then I often need fairly big doses (probably some sort of perma tolerance, either physical and/or psychological). A small dose of oxycodone would be very dissapointing and probably just annoying whereas a small dose of kratom would work really nicely and a big dose would be full of nasty side effects. Hope that makes more sense.
Yep and that’s why I’m up to 50 grams a day again. I cut down with subs, but then I kept upping that dose.

I don't think theres a reason to open a thread so I'll just ask it here:

What do you think of the Kratom White Maeng Da? I know absolutely nothing about kratom but I would love to try it.

Also, is 21.51 USD a good price for 50 grams of this or is it a little expensive? Shipping is about 4 USD.

I don't think theres a reason to open a thread so I'll just ask it here:

What do you think of the Kratom White Maeng Da? I know absolutely nothing about kratom but I would love to try it.

Also, is 21.51 USD a good price for 50 grams of this or is it a little expensive? Shipping is about 4 USD.

You can get it a lot cheaper than that... Can't really comment on white maeng da

You can get it a lot cheaper than that... Can't really comment on white maeng da

Yes, I was afraid of that. It seems expensive to me too. But at least the seller is from my country (so I could get my hands on it in 1-2 days). I've heard good reviews from White Maeng Da but only from guys of my country. How much does your Kratom cost you guys? Plus shipping, obviously.

How much does your Kratom cost you guys? Plus shipping, obviously.

I used to buy online.... now I just buy in my local headshop

thai, indo, bali = $9/oz

meang da = $10/oz

I know I can get cheaper and used to buy online in the past but I prefer supporting my local headshop because I know them personally and they're good people and like to support them

3oz bags = ~$22

7oz bags = ~$45-50