• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Megathread V.6

I?m a fairly long time user (over 2 yrs) of relatively low doses (less than 3 g, 3x a day, taken ONLY as a tea) who just got back from a procedure that diagnosed a stomach ulcer. I know correlation is not causation but I?ve done enough searching on this forum to see that I?m not an anomaly.

I?m hoping to talk to others who?ve gone down this road. Did you stop kratom altogether or did you take a break and then restart after the ulcer healed? Did you moderate doses? What was your experience?

I have been a huge proponent of kratom because it gave me my life back. I?ve dealt with IBS with pain, interstitial cystitis, vulvodynia, and fibro for decades. Nothing has helped those issues for me more than kratom. The idea of having to stop taking it forever is a heartbreak and terrifying but I also know now that a stomach ulcer SUCKS and I do not want to deal with this again.

I just want share a quick experience. i was clean for 10 days yesterday, with some help from gabapentin, but i ran out. I read in multiple places that you can use kratom for paws starting at 5-10 days clean... You can't. I had a bad fight with the wife and i took just 3 freaking grams yesterday and woke up this morning with my skin on fire,,, don't make the same mistake. i detoxed from a habit of switching between H and sub, for the better part of 15 years, so it shouldn't be a total surprise that my body hasn't fully transitioned. but i was feeling pretty much fine. kratom is a godsend. it helps so many people, it got my mother off pain meds, and has helped me in the past, plus thank god there's something you can run to the gas station or headshop to get that can temper your w/d when your backs against the wall. just don't take it too soon after a detox

And for the record, im still toughing it out. 11 days.

how severe are the withdrawals from kratom? i've withdrawn from heroin, oxy, vicodin, dilaudid, opana, PST... so not afraid of WD but since going to jail last june i am free from physical dependence for the first time in 8 years. flirting with kratom a few times a week though and i am catching myself with the old saying of 'its legal so it doesnt matter if im addicted cause i can just buy more'. trying to remind myself how miserable it is being addicted... but ya know..

is it the same deal as opiates - once you're hooked you don't get high, just 'not sick'? how many hours after last dose do kratom WD take to appear?

how severe are the withdrawals from kratom? i've withdrawn from heroin, oxy, vicodin, dilaudid, opana, PST... so not afraid of WD but since going to jail last june i am free from physical dependence for the first time in 8 years. flirting with kratom a few times a week though and i am catching myself with the old saying of 'its legal so it doesnt matter if im addicted cause i can just buy more'. trying to remind myself how miserable it is being addicted... but ya know..

is it the same deal as opiates - once you're hooked you don't get high, just 'not sick'? how many hours after last dose do kratom WD take to appear?
I?ve withdrawan from H and Kratom. Kratom withdrawal is more akin to codeine withdrawal, minor, but still can be an unpleasant experience. Usually starts about 24 hours after the last dose. Symptoms of kratom withdrawal (at 40-50grams a day) are as follows:
Depressed mood, runny nose, tearing eyes, minor aches and pains, insomnia, and fatigue. It?s the insomnia that is the worst of all the symptoms
I?ll start experiencing WDs after about 7 days of continuous use.
Yes it is similar to other opiates in that tolerance does build up and eventually the kratom helps you not be sick.
If you limit yourself to not doing it more than three days in a row with a break, you should avoid the withdrawal entirely or it?ll be VERY minor.
Don?t underestimate this plant, know your doses, and don?t take any more than needed.

Don?t underestimate this plant, know your doses, and don?t take any more than needed.

Have had a lot of experiences with kratom, just for the life of me cannot fine tune my dosage. out of the probably 15-20 times I've tried it I can only remember 1 time ever feeling anything resembling a high. I always try to make sure it's on an empty stomach, I take normally roughly 5 grams at a time, and I've tried more, I've tried less, but can't figure myself out. Wish I could remember the dosage/strain I took the 1 time I felt it.

Hello all...well, here I go again with being addicted. Got on kratom about 6 months ago since I was so rudely dismissed from Pain Management. I was taking 2 30 mg oxycontin and three or more 15 daily. Of course I've been through many times of withdrawal, I don't know anyone who can handle their meds responsibly LOL. So, kratom it was... I know all about withdrawal and how painful it is from opioids. But Kratom being such a godsend, and legal where I live, of course my addict Behavior has now got me addicted to kratom. I'm going to have to taper down, and it makes me feel so much better. It's tough. I envy people who have little or no withdrawal from this plant, but I can't spend but so much on it so have to cut down. It's been long enough off the pills now that getting off the kratom is my main issue. I take at least 7 + grams four times a day. Anyway, if someone can help me avoid the withdrawal effects with some type of taper schedule I'd appreciate it. I suppose I could just keep taking it at the dose I have been. I have a pin plate and screw situation, from a bad accident with a lawnmower a few years back, in my right hand luckily it was able to remain intact and attached, but I'm left with chronic pain obviously and no accidents with lawn mowers ever turn out okay I found ... anyway back to the taper ... and it has to be a type or no cold turkey I thought I got restless legs from pill withdrawal? I get full on body restlessness, it's awful coupled with the body aches hot / cold and stomach issues that keep me chained to the commode ... I know to take Imodium, ibuprofen, all that good stuff. By the way, I just scooped the Kratom out and a heaping teaspoon is how much I've been taking at least 4 times a day. Any input would be much appreciated...thanks a bunch! 

Wish you the best of luck! The restless body thing is HORRIBLE. I ended up getting a prescription from my doctor called "Requip" which is for RLS. It works fantastic for the restlessness. I take 1mg at about 7pm and it takes away all of it! I can usually suck up the other side effects from withdrawal, but I cant with the RLS... Its like torture lol I understand about it getting expensive. I started to buy in bulk at 80 bucks for 2.2 pounds (or 1 kilo) and it ended up saving me a TONSSS of money.

The only bad thing about taking Requip is now I have a way to not really get any withdrawals from coming off opiates... so, unfortunately, I relapsed because of it (I also just had surgery and needed something for pain, which is no excuse... I know...). If you need help getting it from your doctor, just private message me. I can help you with what to say. (for everyone out there, its a non-narcotic and has 0 recreational value)

Once again, good luck brotha.

Last edited:
Man, I love Kratom but I keep having to quit cause my tolerance gets higher and I'm afraid to get 100% dependent so I always take it no more than 3 days a week...that leads to dependence and being so tired I sleep 14 hours a night and have no energy.

I have depression and anxiety and it works better than ANYTHING else, so what I'm wondering is: for people who have taken Kratom DAILY FOR 3 YEARS OR MORE....HAS IT BEEN MANAGABLE FOR YOU?

How quickly do you go into WD?

Is it every 4 hours or what?

Do you wake up int the middle of the night having to dose with sweats and aches?

Do you keep raising your dose?

Would you recommend against going down the path of using Kratom as a permanent medication?

I have gone up to 16 grams a dose w/ WD getting worse and worse while STILL not dosing more than 3-4 days a week and suffering on the off days, and I kind of think it's not a winnable situation, and I'm not sure giving in to 7 days a week would not in the long term be a bad idea.

I don't want to wake up having to swallow spoon fulls of powder or having to carry an ounce on me at all times to swallow during the day and I can never control my tolerance.

Can it be used the right way for depression and anxiety for someone who likes to abuse it as much as I do and keeps upping the doses?

I am thinking NOT....but just wanting some thoughts as it has now been about 4 1/2 months since I have indulged.

Thanks.

I have used it for a few years as a supplement to my pain meds. So it's hard to answer some of those q's, because my sub keeps me from waking up sweaty etc. One helpful thing I learned on blue light is that it has like a 20 hour half life or something, so I realized some of the WD feelings I was getting were psychosomatic. After learning that, I dropped my dose to one tsp in the AM, and a tsp in the afternoon.

I would guess that using it 3 days a week would pretty much cause dependence due to long half-life.

Texas is one of the next on the list for the AKAs Consumer Protection Act. Very happy for this!

Is codeine any more addictive than kratom?

tl;dr as above + price and availability comparisons (bearing in mind kratom is now illegal where I live making it a lot harder to get than it used to be)

I know that codeine is a full agonist so withdrawals I guess would be somewhat worse but I have never taken kratom enough to have bad withdrawals. Well I have had the flu and sniffles for a few days but it was all physical just like a cold. I could still sleep and no depression etc.

I never take more than a day in a row but with a 1 on 2 off schedule there is still some small withdrawal if I did that for more than a couple months. However what I generally do now is only buy 100grams and then take a week or two break which means the after effects are very minimal and almost unnoticeable. And then get back on for another 100g etc.
Also bear in mind my doses are very modest at around 5.4g as my sweetspot, so I would be looking for equivalent doses from codeine.

So talking mentally if they are on pretty much the same level I am wondering if I can start taking codeine instead of kratom because I have wasted so much on finding good strains. So many times so called 'red strains' are some pale stimulating strain that gives me anxiety or headaches or both.

Even when I find good vendors if they change batch it can still cause a difference in effects which I end up not liking (don't start giving me that crap about strain effects are all in the mind; that is bullshit!).

So I thought that codeine would provide all the effects I like with kratom without the variance of effects. I have tried it once or twice but that was before I had a taste for kratom years ago but I recall the feeling in hindsight was very similar.
I hate uppy strains anyway and only like red borneo mainly or similar strains which are the absolute lowest end of the spectrum. Have no desire for any stimulant effect (apart from the inherent opiate stimulation) so codeine seems like it could be much easier to deal with.

So is it on the same level as kratom addictiveness wise or is it like a notch up? I have read several times it is about the same as kratom in terms of addictiveness. What about price wise for a 2-3 times a week thing same sort of price?
It would be much easier to get a hold of since it sells over the counter although I guess you would have to do pharmacy hopping to get a regular supply, but I am sure it is easy to find through other channels, like online pharmas.

Below is an update on the coming kratom ban in Ohio. The board never even had a plan to consider any option but a ban and people are taking time off work to speak in vain. It feels illegal to decide before the meeting even takes place. Get your stock up you soon to be felons.(see below)

Ohio Kratom Warriors,
The Ohio Board of Pharmacy is now playing dirty, and we need to take action now.
The scheduled Public Hearing on Friday before the Board of Pharmacy is supposed to be an opportunity for citizens to speak to the proposed ban that the Board of Pharmacy wants to put on Kratom.
It will criminalize the more than 300,000 Kratom consumers in Ohio.
But that Public Hearing is clearly a sham. The Board of Pharmacy has already petitioned the Joint Committee on Agency Rule Review to approve the ban.
Worse, the AKA learned yesterday that the Joint Committee Hearing is scheduled for Monday.

JUST ONE BUSINESS DAY AFTER THE BOARD OF PHARMACY IS HOLDING ITS SHAM HEARING.
This is outrageous!!!!
Please send a personal email to the Members of the Joint Committee on Agency Rule Review and ask them to send that Kratom proposed ban back to the Board of Pharmacy.

Below is an update on the coming kratom ban in Ohio. The board never even had a plan to consider any option but a ban and people are taking time off work to speak in vain. It feels illegal to decide before the meeting even takes place. Get your stock up you soon to be felons.(see below)

Ohio Kratom Warriors,
The Ohio Board of Pharmacy is now playing dirty, and we need to take action now.
The scheduled Public Hearing on Friday before the Board of Pharmacy is supposed to be an opportunity for citizens to speak to the proposed ban that the Board of Pharmacy wants to put on Kratom.
It will criminalize the more than 300,000 Kratom consumers in Ohio.
But that Public Hearing is clearly a sham. The Board of Pharmacy has already petitioned the Joint Committee on Agency Rule Review to approve the ban.
Worse, the AKA learned yesterday that the Joint Committee Hearing is scheduled for Monday.

JUST ONE BUSINESS DAY AFTER THE BOARD OF PHARMACY IS HOLDING ITS SHAM HEARING.
This is outrageous!!!!
Please send a personal email to the Members of the Joint Committee on Agency Rule Review and ask them to send that Kratom proposed ban back to the Board of Pharmacy.

Hey man what are their e-mails? I'm a pharmacist and would like to send them something

I just want share a quick experience. i was clean for 10 days yesterday, with some help from gabapentin, but i ran out. I read in multiple places that you can use kratom for paws starting at 5-10 days clean... You can't. I had a bad fight with the wife and i took just 3 freaking grams yesterday and woke up this morning with my skin on fire,,, don't make the same mistake. i detoxed from a habit of switching between H and sub, for the better part of 15 years, so it shouldn't be a total surprise that my body hasn't fully transitioned. but i was feeling pretty much fine. kratom is a godsend. it helps so many people, it got my mother off pain meds, and has helped me in the past, plus thank god there's something you can run to the gas station or headshop to get that can temper your w/d when your backs against the wall. just don't take it too soon after a detox

And for the record, im still toughing it out. 11 days.
Im just quitting Kratom myself (tapering atm). I didn't know Gabapentin helps with WDs for this too. I have 180 pills (600mg). Im glad you got off too! How much Gabapentin were you taking (mg wise) and how often?

Could there be withdraw between different color and strains? Was using green for awhile and switched to a red and I have been getting hot flashes and restlessness??

it's possible that the strain you switched to has less mitragynine / 7-oh-mitragynine in it. not all batches or strains have the same amount of alkaloids in them

^ Kratom is stimulant like so that would seem rare except maybe during the comedown

Someone just got Red Hulu for us, instead of Green Maeng Da because I said Red was the best.

Did I screw up? Because I did not realize they did not have Red Maeng Da, and I have read Red Hulu is very Rare, yet this was amazingly cheap

So did I get ripped off? I am not a Kratom expert, I am just basically out of opioids and using it for that

Or is Red always better than Green?

Someone please answer