• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Mega Thread v. 5

Znegative

Bluelight Crew
This is the thread for collected experiences and discussions related to kratom. This thread should be used to answer any and all questions about the use of kratom as a medicine/ drug.

Here's a link to the last page of the old thread.

rvRl2eS.png

As originally posted by Sekio.

Woohoo another new megathread

Anyone have any experience with doing their own extractions with kratom? I was wondering if preparing in a soy lecithin mixture or even warm milk might help to extract a broader alkaloid spectrum than just making tea with water

Woohoo another new megathread

Anyone have any experience with doing their own extractions with kratom? I was wondering if preparing in a soy lecithin mixture or even warm milk might help to extract a broader alkaloid spectrum than just making tea with water

YEah I'm kind of curious about this as well. I boil down the tea until it turns into resin, which is nice because you can carry it around and pop it like a pill or throw it in some boiling water and have 'instant' kratom tea, but I feel like a lot of alkaloids get wasted. Not only that but I've heard such conflicting information in regards to the water solubility of mitragynine and also conflicting reports of whether heat degrades the alkaloids. What I always do is leave it on a low simmer. I'd like to try the alcohol extraction method, but for the next five weeks I have to give urine tests for this outpatient program I'm in, and they test for alcohol.

And from what I've heard, milk can 'ruin' the effects of kratom. I don't know why but I've seen quite a few posts about that.

And from what I've heard, milk can 'ruin' the effects of kratom. I don't know why but I've seen quite a few posts about that.

Milk contains a lot of calcium. Calcium binds to varius drugs, like antibiotics for example preventing gut absorption, maybe this is happening with kratom too ?

I might just experiment a bit. Znegative about how much extra kratom do you have to use for a dose of resin compared to a T&W dose? That sounds super convenient, and convenience is one reason why I'm wondering about at home extractions.

I really don't want to fuck around with buying super extracts and killing my tolerance

Forgive me for the Newb Kratom question but what is the best way to take kratom, can I just mix it with juice? I am just skeptical of ordering anything over the Internet as who know what is really in the product. Sorry just my paranoid side.

I might just experiment a bit. Znegative about how much extra kratom do you have to use for a dose of resin compared to a T&W dose? That sounds super convenient, and convenience is one reason why I'm wondering about at home extractions.

I really don't want to fuck around with buying super extracts and killing my tolerance

I got a digital scale so I just way out the resulting resin and then divide it according to the original amount of kratom I put in. For instance, if I used 50 grams of kratom to make the resin and came out with 10g, I'd have a 5x extraction, although some of the kratom does get lost in the process (but such is the truth about tea anyway). Usually though I can't deduce the volume by more then 4x, I don't know how some people do that. With the resin I can take 1-2g of it and its way easier to get down then T&W with plant matter. I also think it hits you faster because your bodies not trying to digest grams and grams of plant matter.

Recently I've found that tea is the only way I can 'get off' on kratom at all, T&W doesn't do shit, not matter how much or little I dose. It's real weird, though I feel like it has something to do with the fact that my teeth feel like they're falling out of my head half the time, so I might not notice the typical opioid effects as much because it's dulling that pain.

Forgive me for the Newb Kratom question but what is the best way to take kratom, can I just mix it with juice? I am just skeptical of ordering anything over the Internet as who know what is really in the product. Sorry just my paranoid side.

You can definitely just mix it with juice, or you can make tea out of it. Honestly mixing it with something like almond milk works the best IMO because it masks the horrible taste. If you make tea you lose some of the alkaloids in the process but it hits you hella fast, like within 5 minutes because the alkaloids are already extracted.

I really want to try doing an alcohol extract as well but I got to wait a couple weeks until I'm done with my outpatient program because they test for the ethanol metabolite. I've done a bit of reading on the alcohol extraction method and from what I ascertain, in order to extract a good amount of alkaloids in a manner of hours, one has to put the kratom in a jar and then boil some water and then put the alcohol/kratom jar in that boiling water, loosening the cover of the jar to relieve the pressure. Otherwise I'm fairly certain that you'd have to leave the kratom/alchohol sitting around for a week or two in order to extract the maximum amount of goods. Other than that though your plan seems good. I'm pretty sure though that regardless of whether you use alcohol or just water, you're not going to get a 'full spectrum' extraction. I've read that the water extraction (tea) and the alcohol extraction both feel different from each other and from just regular T&W which I imagine is because certain alkaloids are more soluble in alcohol others in water. Let us know how it goes though. I would take the discarded plant material from the alcohol extraction and then do a water extraction on it and compare the two.

Also I'm curious as to whether the alcohol extraction when evaporated is a powder or if it's a tar like the tea method.

Another thing I've noticed is that it seems the longer you let the kratom with water and citric acid steep before boiling, the better. I try to wait a few hours but on occasions I've let it steep overnight and that made the strongest tea. It also improves the flavor ALOT, way less bitter.

To get the broadest spectrum of alkaloids, you would need to do separate extractions of the same plant material with 95% ethanol, water, then a mixture of the two. Combining these extractions would then yield a wide variety of alkaloids.

Basically, you can repeat extractions with different solvents on the solid plant material you collect from filtering. Since water and ethanol are miscible, you wouldn't really get a wider variety by using say 50% v/v ethanol solution

Took 10 grams of Bali. Feeling very nice. :)

Lucky you. I got 250g of red vein sumatran coming tomorrow, just want it to keep me calm and happy. Hope to God it works cos if so I'm good for the next 25 days. Then game over for the kratom, illegal here soon :-(

Took 10 grams of Bali. Feeling very nice. :)

How long have you been taking kratom? I'm curious because I'm real new to it, and when I first started their didn't seem to really be a 'ceiling', the more I took the better I felt, though if I went to high I'd get nauseous and shaky, now though 2 1/2 months in to taking kratom every day, it seems like the more I take, the less 'effects' I get from it, to the point where I feel like taking a tablespoon would actually provide less then one teaspoon. I don't know if this is because my body is having a hard time digesting all the plant matter or what, but looking at whats left of my kratom stash today I've decided to try to dose as little and as infrequently as possible, since I don't feel the effects of T&W at high dosages anyway, might as well lower the dosage. I'd keep making the tea but I seriously have to use so much kratom and it's getting a little bit wasteful.

How long have you been taking kratom? I'm curious because I'm real new to it, and when I first started their didn't seem to really be a 'ceiling', the more I took the better I felt, though if I went to high I'd get nauseous and shaky, now though 2 1/2 months in to taking kratom every day, it seems like the more I take, the less 'effects' I get from it, to the point where I feel like taking a tablespoon would actually provide less then one teaspoon. I don't know if this is because my body is having a hard time digesting all the plant matter or what, but looking at whats left of my kratom stash today I've decided to try to dose as little and as infrequently as possible, since I don't feel the effects of T&W at high dosages anyway, might as well lower the dosage. I'd keep making the tea but I seriously have to use so much kratom and it's getting a little bit wasteful.

I have been taking Kratom for close to two months now, I found that 4 teaspoons is my sweet spot, if I take anymore I get sick, any less I don't feel it too much.
I plan on taking less soon to taper off. I think it's different for everyone you just need to find your sweet spot.

Definitely. I would reccomend doing two or three extractions--water, everclear (95% grain alcohol), and 50/50. Doing one extraction with a 50/50 mix might not extract any more alkaloids than one or the other since the two liquids are miscible.

A 50/50 mix will act like a solvent with properties somewhere between alcohol and water, while doing separate extractions with each solvent on the same material would pull the relatively polar vs nonpolar alkaloids better

I think if would be an interesting experiment to compare ethanol vs water vs 50/50 mix vs all three

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been taking Kratom for close to two months now, I found that 4 teaspoons is my sweet spot, if I take anymore I get sick, any less I don't feel it too much.
I plan on taking less soon to taper off. I think it's different for everyone you just need to find your sweet spot.

Sorry to bombard you with questions, but how often do you dose per day? I really need to check the compulsive side to my personality, if that's possible.

I'm not going to lie I dose every 5 hours.. I need to try and cut it longer but that's when I start feeling bad. How about you?

I got a digital scale so I just way out the resulting resin and then divide it according to the original amount of kratom I put in. For instance, if I used 50 grams of kratom to make the resin and came out with 10g, I'd have a 5x extraction, although some of the kratom does get lost in the process (but such is the truth about tea anyway). Usually though I can't deduce the volume by more then 4x, I don't know how some people do that. With the resin I can take 1-2g of it and its way easier to get down then T&W with plant matter. I also think it hits you faster because your bodies not trying to digest grams and grams of plant matter.

Recently I've found that tea is the only way I can 'get off' on kratom at all, T&W doesn't do shit, not matter how much or little I dose. It's real weird, though I feel like it has something to do with the fact that my teeth feel like they're falling out of my head half the time, so I might not notice the typical opioid effects as much because it's dulling that pain.

You can definitely just mix it with juice, or you can make tea out of it. Honestly mixing it with something like almond milk works the best IMO because it masks the horrible taste. If you make tea you lose some of the alkaloids in the process but it hits you hella fast, like within 5 minutes because the alkaloids are already extracted.

Thanks Z. Since Kratom is legal is there a recommended vendor so I know I am not getting some toxic shit from China. Don't know if against rules of BL if it is my apologies.