• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Mega Thread V.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

sekio

Bluelight Crew
This is the thread for collected experiences and discussions related to kratom. This thread should be used to answer any and all questions about the use of kratom as a medicine/ drug.

Here's a link to the last page of the old thread.

rvRl2eS.png

Last edited:
first

also, does anyone know what causes the eye wiggles aka nystagmus at higher doses? it is very similar to the nystagmus you get from a strong MDMA tab. that makes me wonder.

Last edited:
is it rational of me to think that if i try kratom i am as bad as a heroin junkie on the street begging for change?

or that it may lead me to ruin like them?

Last edited:
YES you will be a horrible horrible person ;)

Anyways..
Anyone know of any nutrition value to kratom?

Lots of dietary fiber.

The reason I ask about nystagmus was it may help to elucidate the mechanism of some active alkaloid. Shulgin mentions this side effect in his books as it relates to phenethylamines & tryptamines. It has shown up in users & studies of tramadol too, which really begs the question - does Kratom contain an alkaloid that has any significant effect at the 5HT receptors?

On second thought, perhaps it's NE.

Last edited:
Odd you mention that because Kratom and Tramadol feel almost identical to me, tramadol a little more warm feeling and longer lasting though.
But if i was given a blind equipotent dose of each, not sure if i could tell the difference.
I think it does have serotonin activity. Not sure which metabolite would have it but i think that is why it mixes so well with etizolam (because that has a certain effect on serotonin too if im not mistaken).
I always say that etizolam is to benzos as to what tramadol is to opiates (i think i worded that right).

About the fiber thing, i dont see how people get constipated from kratom. 1 cuz of the fiber and 2 because it seems to be more stimulant like than the opiods that block you up.
I find im more "regular" with my BM's while taking kratom.

I was just wondering like vitamins or carbs stuff like that. I guess we wont really be able to figure it out tho cuz it's not tested for that cuz it's "not for human consumption" lol.

-HOOD

Kratom has epicatechin too, a pretty powerful antioxidant also found in raw/dark chocolate.

I dont know why but I haven't gotten sick since I started using kratom. nor have I experienced any seasonal allergies. I think most opisates can block allergies though, but I might be mistaken. Ive read theres a ton of medicinal/supplement effects of kratom by many naturally occurring chemicals

I dont know why but I haven't gotten sick since I started using kratom. nor have I experienced any seasonal allergies. I think most opisates can block allergies though, but I might be mistaken. Ive read theres a ton of medicinal/supplement effects of kratom by many naturally occurring chemicals

Same here. I noticed the same thing. But then over time I became psychologically habituated and eventually after having surgery and adding other prescribed meds to the mix became physically dependent on it, and the cons of being dependent started to outweigh the pros. Using it hasn't been the same since, but I haven't had an extended break from it either. Really unfortunate. If only...

Kratom gave me the eye wobbles at high doses, and I would agree with another poster that it felt very similar to Tramadol. It also did clear up the sinuses 10x better than something like pseudoephedrine.

I'm on day 2 of WD and the only thing that's really bothering me is the lower body pain and restless. It wasn't even bad until I tried to sleep, and then it felt like my lower half was just seizin up in absolute pain. But other than that not too bad, got this weird tingly feeling on my skin like I'm really antsy or something. Just took some phenibut now so maybe that will help in a few hours.

My last few kratom experiences have been riddled with a plague of negative side effects.

I've tried it a few times in the past, a few different products from headshops, had some pretty decent experiences but nothing too crazy for better or worst.

Recently got my hands on some Maeng Da from two different vendors.

First time I tried to do toss and wash, puked.

Then onto capsules and when I finally got it down, despite some half decent effects, I ended up being overwhelmed with an experience reminiscent of a bad weed high but not exactly the same.If you're one who knows what I'm talking about, you may be familiar with the feeling of anxiety, quite heady, and not really fun, very psychological and also psychedelic in the worst way possible. Not even mentioning how it also makes me still feel kinda sick to my stomach and that feeling kinda also deducts from any positive.

I tried it a few times, some of them not being quite so bad, but the underlying difficulties are still present to some degree.

I was thinking perhaps a strain change would make a difference, but I don't know. Was thinking maybe less is more might be a better approach and then I was also maybe thinking at a higher dose, a euphoric opiate effect could come into play that would counter this, but quite doubtful of that.

Thoughts?

haha, never thought of that lmao.
Kids doing a report for school, "and then there was Kratom Nazis!"

For some reason this stuff mixes very badly with Methylphenidate (Ritalin). Experience:

Doses were both relatively light. Small amount of kratom (can't remember the strain) taken at night after a day of studying on Ritalin to ease the comedown and relax. Ended up with a severe headache, fever, nausea, confusion, tachycardia and blood pressure all over the place. A combo best avoided seemingly.

From what I know if the pharmacology I can't figure out why such an interaction would take place, could anyone shed light on this? Has anyone had similar experiences combining Kratom with MPH or other stims?

yes, kratoms alkaloids share similarity with yohimbine. While yohimbe is a stimulant and often used a sexual enhancer for men, kratom seems to do this for me and many others. It seems to be less consistant with the populous than yohohimbe as a male sex enhancer, however. Point is that there is definitely a mild stimulant effect to kratom and I have noticed some discomfort with caffiene although these side effects seem to occur randomly and not consistantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.