• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom makes me so damn hungry

George11122

Greenlighter
I just registered and this is my first post. I've been taking kratom for 3 years. My experiences with it have changed drastically. At first it used to make me nauseated, sick and it was a really powerful thing. It still has great affects but over the last few years instead of nausea I get munchies. Now I can't really use it without wanting to eat my whole fridge and its actually pretty annoying. I don't like to eat at all after I've burned if I can help it because it ruins the dose and I can't just eat a little. I get really hungry. I've tried coffee with it, coconut oil, higher dose, etc. Above all I eat before but after its kicked in it starts to feel like I haven't eaten in literally hours, regardless of meal size. Have any other kratom users had this or is it just me? :X

I get that effect too and it's annoying for me as well. Often times if I eat something then it'll seem like the kratoms effects will suddenly disappear.

I've only found two solutions that work for me:

1) will power combined with distractions. It sucks but I just grit my teeth and try to ignore the urge to eat. Keeping busy really helps distract me from the craving to eat. I'll start cleaning or doing projects around the house and before I know it 3-4 hours have passed and I didn't eat anything. Usually by that time the munchies are gone.

2) take less kratom. I've noticed stronger urges to eat with larger doses. When I keep my kratom doses below 3g then the urge to eat is much more manageable.