• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Kratom maintenance anonymous mee

bluemonkey

Bluelighter
I am seriously thinking of starting a virtual group like Methadone anonymous but for people who are using kratom for maintenance ( or even other alternative options like loperamide as well). Would anyone be interested in. I’m thinking of creating the group on a free competitor of Meetup called downtomeet. They allow the organizer to select online as a meeting location.
By the way I realize that online nothing is as “ anonymous” as it feels but there are VPNs etc to help with that.
If anyone knows of a more private platform to use I am open for ideas

I am in Bible college however so budgeting is always a factor... anyway I thought we could use downtomeet to schedule meetings and zoom or Microsoft teams or some other similar thing for the actual meetings.

I guess if the mods are down with it we could just use this thread or a different one for scheduling...? I don’t know I just feel like I need to find a group and one that won’t look at my use of kratom as “ relapse”. And I thought maybe there are others who are in the same boat.

I think it is a good idea. I need to quit kratom (wasn't maintaining with it did not use opiates well I have but never hooked) hence I threw some more out today ego needs to learn somehow maybe living under a bridge will teach it basically flushing my paychecks down the drain all I have been going to this job for is to get high it seems

Kratom is an escape for me not a remedy for my compulsiveness.

My dad and I joke that if there was a van full of penguins broke down in the desert and I had ice in huge amounts they wouldn’t want any. Or the other way we put it is that if I had life jackets on the titanic I would be fine because everybody would be like no I’m good thanks anyway. Then I could tie then all together make a raft and still have one to wear.

I don’t know what is I just can’t seem to get people behind any idea I have. I’m sure being influential is a skill that one can learn but I have no idea where to start learning it.
For now this idea might just be stacked with the other ones that got the same amount of enthusiasm and interest.
I’m debating whether to step down as organizer of one of my meet ups and redo one with this topic because meetup at least tries to help one find interested people. I will post something on BL if I do but meetup can easily remove the anonymous part of the idea.

Anyway It’s strange for me when people talk about being addicted to kratom. I guess I could see falling into addictive behavior if one is living where kratom is illegal or controlled but the idea of ruining relationships etc to get more of something that is more or less readily available for the buying is difficult for me to get my head around.

I think the system of “ controlled medicines” and the other legal limitations with drugs created the whole concept of addiction or at least 90% of it I guess because if my theory were 100% right, it would be impossible for anyone to have an addiction to anything that they can legally get. Yet, people do talk about addiction to things like kratom and even shopping etc ( although I do wonder if some of that is just the culture overusing the term).