• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom, Is It Worth It?

Lightning_Eyes

Bluelighter
Recently been planning for future experimentation and kratom was the subject at hand. We try to keep everything as safe as we can but when no one does research on something new, how safe are we?

Kratom has peaked a friend of a friends interest and it was brought to my attention, I had never heard of it when they came to me. im no drugcyclopedia so naturally im here asking questions.

Pros / Cons?

What will it do during:
the come up
the hugh
the come down

temporary/permanent problems with recreational use every once in a while vs being used often?

Any tips, tricks, pointers would be helpful.

girlfriend used to be addicted to coke and trying to steer clear of anything that may draw her back into doing it.

Anything else youd like to add or ask feel free!

thanks for positive and informative input beforehand!

-Lightning

Don't think this is the right subforum for this, but I'll try and answer anyway :p.

Kratom is rather mild in effects but I can really enjoy it! For a first timer I'd recommend a 4-5g of plain leaf (unless you have a lot of experience with opiates), it should produce pretty decent effects at this level. It still is my preferred dose after messing around with it on and off for several years!

Come up: I feel a bit of stimulation, chattyness and some mood lift.
High: throughout the first hour after dosing stimulation and mood lift increase to reach mild euphoria and sometimes I can feel my face getting warm. You then have a relatively stable plateau of 3-4 hours and then the effects start dropping off quite quickly. If I don't dose too regularly I can feel a pleasant afterglow that lasts until I go to sleep and no comedown so to speak off. If I've been taking it multiple times a week I can sometimes get a bit irritable and nervous when it starts wearing off.

Wouldn't recommend giving an opiate, no matter how mild, to a recovering coke addict...

Yeah, shes really wanting to try it and do work with plants I guess. just dunno how id convince her otherwise.

Ive never been addicted to any drugs really, so can you maybe give me some insight as to why this would be a poor decision? I mean I know being addicted to anything and moving to something new is a pretty bad excuse to stop one thing.

Kratom is quite different from coke, but it does have that stimulatory side to it and a chattyness which is reminiscent of a cocaine high and might remind your girlfriend of its effects and want to use it again.

Right, I figured that was the direction you were going with that.

im not sure her will power to resist something but when she really wants something she doesn't let much get in her way, that's what worries me hah. I'm doing more research for negative affects that may deter her. I mean, I dont want to ruin her good time, just keep her in decent health.

No sure why but the post about negative affects of kratom isn't being tracked by my account so I have to manually view it to check up on it. If any idea why pm me. already posted questions but now thats not being tracked either lol.

@Lightning_eyes: go to the top of the thread and click 'thread tools' and then click 'subscribe to thread', this will enable alerts for this specific thread. You can do the same for an entire subforum

I have no personal experience with kratom. This thread is in the wrong subforum though, so: MED >> OD

It happens, it's just a few mouse clicks to move a thread so no biggie :D