Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Kratom in Australia ???

Spinfish

Greenlighter
Hello. Anyone know ANYTHING about the laws/ availability of kratom in Australia? All I know is it's illegal. And I've only met one guy since i've been back here (a hippy in Mullumbimby) who knows what it is or have even heard of it.

I lived in Thailand for 8 years and was addicted to Kratom for 6 of those years , 30-50 leaves a day.
Now I am in living in Australia. I would LOVE to get my hands on a 30 foot high tree of this stuff. I know the hotter the weather the more potent and i'm sure it would grow quite well up north, Cairns for instance
I know it's illegal. But what are the penalties? I heard that it was only recently made illegal ???
Does anyone know or have heard of anyone growing it here? I have read of people ordering it through the mail and talking about all these different strains... I think they are mostly Americans....and they talk of getting it in the form of incense ???

Please, I would be grateful for ANY information on kratom in Australia. Thankyou:)

Oh, how i miss those humongous leaves!

Last edited:
Dude, I can't tell you anything that you probably don't know already, but last i heard the "Kratom" that comes from America is misrepresented and is not the correct plant so be careful there. Also, i got told when i got offered it that in Thailand, Kratom carries the same restrictions and penalties as cocaine, but I doubt this is the same for Australia.

God knows why i didn't touch it in Thailand..Seems like an awesome thing to try. Availability in Australia? Don't know man, your best bet is to spread the word that your looking for some and hopefully someone knows something...Or just keep it as a special treat and only do it when you go back to Thailand ;)

You'd best read the guidelines dude, your post most definitely sounds like sourcing.

Kratom is definitely illegal to posses in Australia, but I think your are still allowed to grow the plant? Just look it up. I would but am not familiar with the website/know where to look.

In North America Kratom is legal which is why you here so much chat about it. The "incense" you hear people referencing is just a weak code some websites use for legal purposes and to keep Kratom legal or something stupid like that.
Instead of "eating" the "Kratom" to "feel" a "high", you "burn" the "incense" to "smell" an "aroma".8)

That being said it is also available in tinctures, extracts, etc. which are usually ripoffs.

Last edited:
Dude, I can't tell you anything that you probably don't know already, but last i heard the "Kratom" that comes from America is misrepresented and is not the correct plant so be careful there. Also, i got told when i got offered it that in Thailand, Kratom carries the same restrictions and penalties as cocaine, but I doubt this is the same for Australia.

Kratom is Schedule 9 here, so is completely illegal.

OP, this forum isn't here to help you source out a drug. Read the guidelines before posting.

Thanks guys. I know it's illegal. Just wondered if anyone had ever heard of it growing here.

Let me start again, has anyone ever seen kratom in Australia? (i don't think that is "Sourcing"). If it's o.k. to talk about growing pot/ opium poppies etc on this forum..... why not kratom?

^ Well, since you just removed all the sourcing from your post it should be OK.

^I can see why you have over 11,000 posts up... you don't hesitate do you. 11,000 posts and still no manners. Are you even a moderator? Maybe you should go outside more often... it's nice out there!

Last edited:
^ 14 posts and you're insulting someone? The "Crew" part under his title indicates he used to be a moderator. Most of those 11,000 posts would have hence been helping people & maintaining the forum so let's keep it civil hey? :p

Back on topic, if it was in a legal grey area for a while like salvia, ephedra etc would it be likely to find it anywhere growing wild? I'd imagine it would grow well in the tropics right?

The title "Bluelight Crew" under a username means that they have been a moderator before. Your original post could have been construed as sourcing but now it's a lot better :D

Anyways kratom is schedule 9 in Australia so penalties for it would be similar to weed, heroin, LSD, MDMA etc. If you want to find it in Australia I suggest you find a dealer or if you wish to import it illegally from an internet source then feel free to search around the web.

I agree that some parts of Australia would have a great climate for the plant's illegal growth.

Is there anything else you would like to ask? I'm sure there are some people who have imported it/grown it. I don't really know how they can help you. Most Aussies will just stick with OTC codeine.

edit:
Perhaps if you ask some more specific questions you can get more help.

WHOOPS!...My bad. Apologies Mr Blonde.... too much caffeine for me.

Thanks, Yes I imagine someone must be growing this up North... or surely there would be some growing wild.
I doubt most Australian police would know what it looks like??? So, i mean if I had a tree of it growing in my backyard, chances of getting "busted" would be pretty low.

^I can see why you have over 11,000 posts up... you don't hesitate do you. 11,000 posts and still no manners. Are you even a moderator? Maybe you should go outside more often... it's nice out there!

Well between a full-time job in the field I'm going to build a career in, a girlfriend, personal study, my growing hobby of chemistry, whatever social stuff I sometimes do and posting on here I don't have much time to fit in anything else. ;)

I'm not sure when Kratom was made illegal here, but if it was being sold on the internet by domestic suppliers before then I'd wager there is some growing around somewhere.

^ Hi, there you are....sorry.

I don't think it was made illegal that long ago.. couple of years (I vaguely remember reading something about that). Most people I've asked have never heard of it (except in online forums). All the doctors i've asked haven't. The detox centre I was in (in sydney) a year ago had never heard of it...the only information one of the drug and alcohol workers could get for me was off "vaults of erowid".
It's a damn shame. I miss that stuff. It was so cheap in Thailand, it grows on trees... literally. I will be heading up North in a couple of months.. hopefully I'll find some up there.
It's really good for your immune system too... in six years I never had a cold.

Still yet to hear of anyones first hand experiences of growing and/or eating it in Australia. I'd be interested to hear if anyone has.

U
WHOOPS!...My bad. Apologies Mr Blonde.... too much caffeine for me.

Thanks, Yes I imagine someone must be growing this up North... or surely there would be some growing wild.
I doubt most Australian police would know what it looks like??? So, i mean if I had a tree of it growing in my backyard, chances of getting "busted" would be pretty low.
Your right no cop would know what it looks like so your chance of getting busted would be next to nothing.

Where can I buy Kratom in Australia? Is kratom legal in Australia? These are questions commonly asked on the internet and believe it or not there isn't a single site, blog or forum that has answered this question correctly!
Read this and only this:
KRATOM IS ONLY ILLEGAL TO IMPORT INTO AUSTRALIA BUT NOT ILLEGAL TO POSSES, SELL OR USE ONCE INSIDE THE NANNY NATION!
Is there any shop in Australia that sells kratom? YES, look it up theres only one
Not only do they sell kratom but they are the only place you can get the best strain in the world from, it's called RAINBOW WILD!

Where can I buy Kratom in Australia? Is kratom legal in Australia? These are questions commonly asked on the internet and believe it or not there isn't a single site, blog or forum that has answered this question correctly!
Read this and only this:
KRATOM IS ONLY ILLEGAL TO IMPORT INTO AUSTRALIA BUT NOT ILLEGAL TO POSSES, SELL OR USE ONCE INSIDE THE NANNY NATION!
Is there any shop in Australia that sells kratom? YES, look it up theres only one
Not only do they sell kratom but they are the only place you can get the best strain in the world from, it's called RAINBOW WILD!
Hi trexman, what site in Australia can you buy kratom? I bought some kratom on Friday from Aussie kratom and my money has been taken out of my account but I've had no confirmation from Aussie kratom that they have filled the order or are sending it! I've tried emailing them a couple times but had no answer. I'm really starting to worry that it's a scam and that I've lost my money!! I really need to get some kratom and if it's not from Aussie kratom then i need to find somewhere else in Australia that I can get it. Any help greatly appreciated.

@trexman I've searched the net, visited many forums, looked up Australian customs etc. I cannot find a way to get my hands on Kratom, living in Melbourne, Australia.
Sourcing isn't allowed on this site, but since it's a somewhat (This is where is gets confusing) legal, I would love to know where it's sold and available in Australia!!

You can get it online via Indonesia. Kratom is illegal in Indo but legal to export..........search online

You can get it online via Indonesia. Kratom is illegal in Indo but legal to export..........search online
Which online vendor tho should i go thru?? Already looks like I've lost my $200 from Aussie kratom...