• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom - Dosage Questions

Gaz_hmmmm

Bluelighter
Hi

I wanted to know what's the highest dose you can take of red vein Kratom?

I read ages ago that it's 16g in one go and that this is the ceiling dose.

Is this true?

I know a lot of people in the US switch from one opioid to Kratom cause it's legal/healthier/safer etc but what's the highest single dose of say morphine you can easily switch over from to 16g (Or whatever the max dose is.) of kratom?

Has anyone switch from methadone maintenance and at what dose of meth' were you and at what doseof kratom did you switch to?

I’m a long time Kratom user, I’m on my 6-7th year.

I started using out of curiosity so I don’t have any experience with using Kratom to come off of opiates, etc.

My best advice is to start with 2-3 grams and redose in a few hours if you’re not feeling comfortable. FWIW, I started at 5 gram doses and I was fine. There’s no conversion table that I’m aware of. Just be aware this doesn’t necessarily feel like an opiate with strong euphoria, and it’s different for everyone. To me, its relaxing and often makes me chatty. Sometimes I’ll get a burst of energy. It’s always different depending on so many factors.

The worst that can happen if you take too much is nausea and vomiting, which happens to me occasionally, and its really no big deal. You can’t die from a Kratom overdose. There is no need to start at a high dose....not only will you increase your tolerance of this expensive herb quickly, but you can only feel so much from this substance.

Good luck and let me know if you have any more questions!

OP, my best friend is an opioid fanatic, and was really unable physically and mentally to abide by any replacement therapy, but that's the stage he was at when we started kratom. For him, he instantly elevated his doses to that same mark, about 15 grams. He would insist it was best to dose all at once in his case. He complained that splitting the doses up into like a ~7g @ wakeup and the rest at lunchtime would vastly diminish the relief kratom was giving him. He also said the one flood dose in the morning always lasted though his day, only it would work about half as well if he split the doses up. He would often eat a 15 gram bag for breakfast, smoke some weed,goof around for a while,and then head off for another 15 gram bag which he would down by lunch. I DON'T recommend trying that..

I said all that to say I've introduced hundreds of people to kratom, and I regularly meet people who share my sensitivity to kratom. For those who are sensitive seem to be getting the exact same functional therapeutic value out of about exactly half the dosages.

OD'ing on Kratom can be so bizarre that I've enjoyed it at times. I would always end up over dosing and inevitably slip into the waking nightmare nods night after night and have since sworn the stuff off for regular use.