• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Kratom - Describe how it makes you feel

Made me not feel the WDs to the degree that I otherwise would have felt. After tossing back a metric ton of it back in the day, and being grateful for having it, I never really felt much beyond that in terms of euphoria. But that is exactly what I needed it to do and it worked. Thankfully. I consider it a lifesaver in many ways.

I hear turmeric has a very good synergy with kratom. How much and how long should I wait until I take kratom after the turmeric. I have Bali capsules. I realize this an old thread but curious.

For me it depends on strength and tolerance.

When tolerance's higher than maybe what would you make still feel good from 60mg morphine, then the off-targets like dopamine D2 antagonism and serotonergic antagonism become more pronounced and overshadow the opioidergic effects, it becomes a dysphoria inducing something. Extracts can push this a little further but I find kratom to be self-limiting (I also hate antipsychotics, guess it's connected). Without tolerance at low dosages it's like the smooth big brother of coffee. When taking a high dosage one can nod on it but it's not pleasant (again the D2 I guess). In-between it's quite like a non-sedating methadone mixed with a little coffee I'd say - kratom and the coffee plant are relatives btw.

Kratom contains more than 39 active alkaloids, most of them only in insignificant amounts apparently but this will change with dosage. I found also different strains to be similar and/or quite different without finding any clear logic based on what they sell it for - some say they invent the labels at will and just ship what they have. Which might be true.

I love the stuff but it isn't anything spectacular, just a mild stimulation and mild opioid like effect. Kinda like taking a small dose of hydrocodone along with a strong cup of coffee. Nothing to write home about but it can be pleasant.

If you have a big opioid and stim tolerance then you might not get as much out of it as somebody who doesn't have tolerances. And dosing really high with kratom doesn't work so well, the side effects get shitty at high doses.

Thing is, the first few times kratom didn't do much for me... or I just wasn't aware of any effects. It took until about the third try until I actually noticed effects, and then I didn't really start appreciating those effects until like the 10th time I tried it. Then I fell in love and have been taking it almost daily for like the past 3-4 years.

My advice is to not get too caught up into the whole strain and color thing. For me, kratom is kratom is kratom. I don't notice much difference in Red vs green vs white or maeng da vs Borneo vs Whatever. It's all pretty much the same to me, some batches are just better quality than others. Some people swear up and down there are differences. Maybe, but I doubt it, I think expectations play a bigger role.
There isn't a difference. They're 3 main processing plants in Indonesia that all of our kratom products come from. They don't separate all the different vein colors they crush and dry them all together then sell it in bulk, the next guy gets ahold of it and fills red, green, and white vein bags out of the same bulk batch. Your white Maeng da, red Bali, and green malay all came out of the same bag. Some vendors are nice enough to expose the red to the sunlight for a while to oxidize some of the MIT into 7-OH but that's about it.

When I first started using it, it felt pretty great.

Now it’s barely noticeable at all. Weird.

Found myself hankering for white vein lately it's not a super duper fun time but it comes in handy for soothing mind and body from what I can see many end up using it daily on the regular but that is how you get hooked so easy does it hey better this than to be hooked on banging junk?

When I first started using it, it felt pretty great.

Now it’s barely noticeable at all. Weird.
Same here, initially I could nod off some red maeng da even when I still had tolerance to morphine but now some months later I got next to no effects anymore, stopped using it because useless and just got a few days of nervosity, now I feel similar like before with 5-15g/d.

Had that with morphine too though, it sedated me a bit but that was it unless I'd seriously increase the dosage (and if course get increased tolerance in return). Only reason to stay on morphine was until I had memantine available to quit it without going turkey. For me stims are much more sustainable than opioids. I also have a high natural tolerance to opioids. Wonder if this is related to autism spectrum stuff as I've read some papers connecting high endogenous opioid peptide levels with autism.

Like your name btw!

Huh where do you get it a store or the net? How much do you take?
Your favourite search engines your friend, it's legal in many places and sold openly.

Last edited:
I like whites the best, or white green mixes. I stay away from extracts because they are an easy way to blow tolerance. Reset is important every so often and rotating strains. It gives me a feeling of well being and energy. Feels like hydrocodone. Was actually a better pain relief after surgery. Oxycodones didn't touch the pain from disc replacement surgery. As soon as I got home from the hospital I mixed kratom with grapefruit juice, chugged it, and within 15 minutes pain was completely gone. Kratom is a miracle for me.

Once thing i have remember about kratom and his influence was the first time.