• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom causing pain?

Wishfulstinking

Greenlighter
I just typed a very detailed post about this and somehow I was logged out and if didn't post. Been using Kratom for 4 years, up to about 20 grams of red vein a day. Within the last 6 months I've developed extreme muscle pain in my legs, so bad that quiver by the end of my shift at work and I'm unable to do anything I used to enjoy such as cycling or mountaineering. Please any info would be appreciated, next stop is the doctor.

I don't think this is related to Kratom but it could be. Go to the doctor and better be honest and tell him about your usage.
Good luck!

I have heard something that long-term (probably longer than 4 years, did you use any opiates/opioids before then?) use of opiates can cause some weird switch in the brain to change, making the opiates induce pain instead of relieving it. Not sure if this can happen with kratom, or if it's the case at all, but it might be possible.

I was prescribed opiates before I found Kratom, I was taking 30mg of ocycodone a day and found that Kratom worked well enough to not need opiates any longer. And Kratom still relieves this muscle pain but after it wears off the pain returns with a vengeance. I am the type person that gets hyper from opioids, I have been using Kratom for 4 years and before that was prescribed oxy for 3. I think I may have damaged something. I'm a server in a high volume restaurant, I have been doing this for 20 years, plus I have sustained several injuries to my legs from skiing and mountain biking. I have insurance starting next year, I think I'm going to have to see a doctor. I've spent months researching Kratom and only have good things to say about it, I know people whose lives were literally saved by this plant, I believe it needs to be regulated though before it ends up banned because of headshops and irresponsible kids.